NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SW of the house list 2 pieces of carpet. First thing D says on 911 call is "she's in the bed". K was struck in the back of the head. Maybe K wasn't in the bed when attacked.

Is it just me or does anyone agree.....first thing I'd be telling 911 is "send an ambulance quickly, hurry".

I'm sorry, but NOTHING D said or did adds up. IMO, being drunk or not remembering isn't an excuse!

Attachments

• Shopping_center.jpg
    Shopping_center.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 21
  • GG.jpg
    GG.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 22
  • HT.jpg
    HT.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 21
Well couldn't get that to work-a map of the whole United States came up.....my computer-grrr. Is this retail place called 'Cameron Village' by any chance? TIA

Edited to say add that the photos are great-thanks everyone. Workig on something here......

NCWANTED (owned by WRAL) is the best media outlet for an investigative story.
Unlike mainstream, they will go beyond to dig up scoop.
For example, they busted Jason Young several times with cameras and even caught him using Craigs List and his child to attract dates.

If D was convicted for DWI's, she will have a criminal record.
Easy to check...anyone have access to 123nc.com or another site?

Oh my word.....showing 5 charges

Hospital 911

"this patient is going to die...per family, maybe the patient was raped. Based on the physical findings we are finding now, the stories ar matching up.

"It's very sketchy because the family(sister) thinks they might have seen somebody, but they really don't know."

I know we have discussed this, but this whole scenario is beyond very suspicious.
It seems obvious D told the medical staff about the possible rape first and they then confirmed. How would D know to suggest that unless she was aware of 'sexual assault' evidence? And then the 'thinks they may have seen somebody'?????

I think that "may have seen somebody" is just about the most suspicious and weird thing about the weirdest case I have ever heard of...what can that mean? Either you did see someone or you didn't, this is not something you would not be sure of...whether or not you know WHO you saw might be in question, but not if you saw someone...
I would be going crazy if I were one of K's children or loved ones...they might love D as well, but she needs to tell all she knows, regardless of consequences. Whatever happened, she is at the very least a witness and possibly negligent, although not sure how that would work, as K was not a child she was obligated to protect. At least not legally, though certainly morally.

IMO, I don't think it's that the media or family isn't asking tough ?'s right now, but more likely that they've been asked or advised not to by LE. If you start digging too much before the time is right, you can ruin all the work that has been done and give away too much info and actually let the perp get away with the crime by giving info away that only someone who was involved with the crime may know. I feel confident that LE is on the track of something and is not going to the public for a reason.
As for them not asking other vendors but Dominoes about the photo of the unknown man, we don't know they didn't ask anyone else, they were just the only ones who commented. Someone asked what other vendors surround that shopping center: there is a frame warehouse, a coffee/dessert shop, a paper/stationary shop, a nice sushi place, and a nice woman's clothing store, as well as GG, Dominoes & HT. Most of the other places close early, but the coffee house closes later, like 10pm or 11, don't know about the sushi place and Dominoes closes like at 2am or so, I think.

It would take some serious political string-pulling to manage 5 DUI's and keep someone out of prison...No way she should have been driving!

Ruben - fill us in! True?

I go back to my theory of earlier about the "may have seen someone"...that D told WakeMed. She was messed up on drugs and alcohol the night in question. Passed out. Woke up, saw KT, called 911. When she gets to hospital, the details of the night start coming back to her, and she's realizing KT was attacked, and maybe hearing the dr's talking about sexual assault and beating, she pipes up and says (and thinks- I have to speak up now...it's now or never for me)....I think she may have been raped....I think I saw someone, but I'm not sure...that I'm not sure could also mean I"m not sure WHO he is...I don't KNOW where to find him...we don't know the whole story there bc that 911 call was so short and not detailed. I am starting to believe that D really might be telling LE what she remembers. It makes sense to me if right from the get go she tells medical that she thinks sis might have been raped...she's gonna have to explain herself from there....and it also makes sense to me that her description of the person could help LE narrow down the unknown person on the video from HT. OTherwise, how would they just pick him out?

It would take some serious political string-pulling to manage 5 DUI's and keep someone out of prison...No way she should have been driving!

Ruben - fill us in! True?

according to 123nc.com D has at least 5 charges. There are 3 charges under the same case #. Two other charges, each under a different case #.

according to 123nc.com D has at least 5 charges. There are 3 charges under the same case #. Two other charges, each under a different case #.

ruben, that info is public record, that is how you were able to get it with no roadblock. What are the specific charges for each case #?

i think Susu and I have been on the same page for a while...that D knows she let someone into the house/was followed or whatever and realized pretty quickly that that person must have done this...but details are fuzzy to say the least...at this point i am thinking that D is guilty of very bad judgement and abandoning K but possibly nothing else, at least not of a criminal nature. I get the feeling she is trying to help LE but can only do so much, if she had some kind of an alcohol blackout that night...
what a night she chose to do that, if true...

Starry Night, it's a small shopping center. I wouldn't call it a strip mall due to the kind of shoppes that are there. There are not any of of the traditional strip mall stores, except for Dominos and HT. It's L shaped, and has approximately 9 stores I think. I don't frequent most of them, only HT and GG. There used to be a designer bakery. I'm not sure if they are still open. There is a ladies boutique and a Synergy Spa. I don't think most of them stay open past 7:00 p.m. Chime in if that's not correct. There is a gas station right in front of the shopping center. THey close at 7:00 p.m. daily. I'm not aware of any shop other than HT and Dominos that would be open after 10:00.

$15 to look at each case # seperately. I'm going to look somewhere else.

Well couldn't get that to work-a map of the whole United States came up.....my computer-grrr. Is this retail place called 'Cameron Village' by any chance? TIA

Edited to say add that the photos are great-thanks everyone. Workig on something here......

Starry Night - it's Glenwood Village, not Cameron village.

The idea of a national investigative story is interesting. Wonder what the hold up is? What factors are the children considering? Is D on board or a hold out? If she holds out, how will that make her look in the report?

Does anyone know if the house is occupied now?

Oh, the 2 pieces of carpet on the SW makes me debate further about the position of KT when she was struck. Can experts detect from the injury if she was lying down or if she was in an upright position when struck?

I also wonder, if KT had received immediate medical attention, was there a chance she could have survived? And how would the killer know that? If D was involved, there had to be some small fear that KT would get to the hospital, survive and tell what happened. I'm trying to wrap my brain around that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop