NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
;)
Me skeptical? Well, yeah. I think some things just don't make good sense. And there is a pocket of time in there where the sister could have done many things - sleep or hide bloody clothes and weapons or help someone else get away. LE and the family have declined to tell the public about what was going on then. Must have been something or it wouldn't really matter - right?!

Yes, I agree there is a period of time that D was not in the home...away from her duties as caretaker. The cops think she was killed "late Friday or early Saturday"....between 11 Pm and 2 works for me. That is also the exact time the cops did the road check point w/ flyers.
The media outlets have their "sources" that state D has been cleared.
That tells me they have verified she was somewhere during that time and has a strong alibi. Me thinks they have the needed evidence she was sitting at the bar at the GG from before 11PM till shortly after 2 AM.

Do you have a link to LE stating this?
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/7408971/

Police focus on random attack in schools official's death

7186837-1268066952-220x165.jpg

Posted: 10:02 a.m. today
Updated: 18 minutes ago
Raleigh, N.C. — Investigators have eliminated friends and relatives of Kathy Taft as suspects in the March attack that led to the State Board of Education member's death, sources told WRAL News Tuesday.

"I heard footsteps and I know somebody was in that house. But I didn't know that house. I'd never stayed in that house before and then I found her and that's when I called 911," she said.

So ... she heard someone just before 9:30 a.m.?

Color me skeptical.

Doesn't make sense - she first called 911 because she thought her sister had complications from surgery - now she called because she heard footsteps.:croc:

Know who we really need? The female lawyer that questioned Brad Cooper. The interview became available on the internet. She asked him a million questions ... where was the vase, were there sticks in the vase, draw me a picture of the downstairs, where did you wash the floors ... remember? I would love to see a video of that woman interviewing DH right now.

Raleigh, N.C. — Investigators have eliminated friends and relatives of Kathy Taft as suspects in the March attack that led to the State Board of Education member's death, sources told WRAL News Tuesday.

I think it says sources said this.

"I heard footsteps and I know somebody was in that house. But I didn't know that house. I'd never stayed in that house before and then I found her and that's when I called 911," she said.

Color me skeptical.

Wow!!! She never mentioned hearing someone in the house on the call. I missed it if she did. And it sure didn't sound like she was too concerned about an uninvited person in the house when she is talking about her sister's condition. BUT, she did tell the dispatcher that the door was locked and she had to unlock it for the EMS. I guess this intruder locked it behind him or climbed back out a window. Sorry - DH still has some questions to answer.

Doesn't make sense - she first called 911 because she thought her sister had complications from surgery - now she called because she heard footsteps.:croc:

Excellent point. If she had heard footsteps, investigated and discovered her "soul-mate" sis in a pool of blood, IMO the 911 call would have gone a LOT differently. I don't buy any of D's remarks in that article and I'm betting LE doesn't either. IMO, they are carefully constructing their case and have let her go back to the coast thinking she's in the clear. And btw, her focus seems to be entirely on herself instead of lashing out at who killed her "best friend". Hmmm...

Color me skeptical.

This article contains unbelieveable info. She said she heard footsteps before she called 911. Why didn't she mention that instead of a detailed story about how her sister had complications from surgery. Also, wouldn't it have taken hours for the blood to soak through all the gauze in order to make a bloody mess as she described? Why didn't she tell paramedics who responded that she heard footsteps? What does not being in the house before have to do with not reporting the footsteps after you see your sister has been attacked?

I'm glad she cleared up the fact that she has never been treated like a suspect by LE. Yesterday, she said she was NO LONGER a suspect. What?

I bet her lawyer is pulling his hair out by now. I wonder if she went into a facility to keep her quiet. Now that's she out, she can't shut up.

;)

Yes, I agree there is a period of time that D was not in the home...away from her duties as caretaker. The cops think she was killed "late Friday or early Saturday"....between 11 Pm and 2 works for me. That is also the exact time the cops did the road check point w/ flyers.
The media outlets have their "sources" that state D has been cleared.
That tells me they have verified she was somewhere during that time and has a strong alibi. Me thinks they have the needed evidence she was sitting at the bar at the GG from before 11PM till shortly after 2 AM.

Absolutely Great statement JTF! Think you are right.

I will put this out there--I know it would be awful to think this ever could have happened but it is a theory....do you think perhaps the Perp came in to rob & saw a sitting duck in gauze....perhaps perp was into Erotic Asphyxiation -- & popped KT in head figured this was his grand op. for a little unusual stuff - - may have hung around awhile-- was still in the house when D arrived home. hid. she put her ear up to KTs door, nothing. he stayed in, she got up, he blew out of there in the morning left with the car, or on foot.

Sources is not an official confirmation from LE.

Color me skeptical.

MISSED THAT COMPLETELY! New interview - i'll see if I can find the link. (I was referring to the other breakin in the area)

This article contains unbelieveable info. She said she heard footsteps before she called 911. Why didn't she mention that instead of a detailed story about how her sister had complications from surgery. Also, wouldn't it have taken hours for the blood to soak through all the gauze in order to make a bloody mess as she described? Why didn't she tell paramedics who responded that she heard footsteps? What does not being in the house before have to do with not reporting the footsteps after you see your sister has been attacked?

I'm glad she cleared up the fact that she has never been treated like a suspect by LE. Yesterday, she said she was NO LONGER a suspect. What?

Looks like LE is lettin' D have as much rope as she wants. It is becoming apparent that she hasn't been coached about talking to the media.

Looks like LE is lettin' D have as much rope as she wants. It is becoming apparent that she hasn't been coached about talking to the media.

...and she's starting to talk now that she is "CLEARED" as a suspect. ... "heard footsteps" "she was my soulmate" hmmm???

then why didn't you take care of her & what were you doing at the friggin GG drinkin' instead of giving your soul mate new ice packs ??:furious:

Not able to find the original interview quoted from WTVD but this is definitely a new twist

{Holton discovered Taft unresponsive the morning of March 6 and called 911. She told WCTI that she heard someone in the house before she found her sister badly beaten.

Police interrogated Holton, but she says they treated her with the utmost respect."}

Reading this and then listening to the 1st 911 call - it just does not add up. DH is too calm.

Hi everyone...I am new to the board but have been following this story from the beginning.
I have thought all along that the theory of DH bringing someone back to the house was a good possibility. One thing that doesnt make sense is why the killer would have left DH alone. If the killer met DH and she brought him back to the house then why would the killer leave the one person who could id him. That doesnt add up to me.
Another senerio that I thought about was DH brought someone back home and in her intoxication starts to reveal her true feelings for KT. And as the emotions grew heavier she convinced him to help her kill her. Far-fetched? maybe. but what about this case is normal?
Did anyone else see the interview with DH on the Greenville station last night? (I ahave looked everywhere and cannot find a link--I am not even sure which station I was watching)
In this interview DH refuse to show her face on camera (which seemed weird to me). She stated that she was not a suspect and was never treated as a suspect by the RPD. She also said that KT was her best friend and "soulmate" (weird again). I realize sisters love each other but I have never heard anyone refer to their sister as their "soulmate".[/QUOTE]

BBM

Trying to catch up. Can't help but wonder who D's attorney is - David Rudolf?
:popcorn:

Hi everyone...I am new to the board but have been following this story from the beginning.
I have thought all along that the theory of DH bringing someone back to the house was a good possibility. One thing that doesnt make sense is why the killer would have left DH alone. If the killer met DH and she brought him back to the house then why would the killer leave the one person who could id him. That doesnt add up to me.
Another senerio that I thought about was DH brought someone back home and in her intoxication starts to reveal her true feelings for KT. And as the emotions grew heavier she convinced him to help her kill her. Far-fetched? maybe. but what about this case is normal?
Did anyone else see the interview with DH on the Greenville station last night? (I ahave looked everywhere and cannot find a link--I am not even sure which station I was watching)
In this interview DH refuse to show her face on camera (which seemed weird to me). She stated that she was not a suspect and was never treated as a suspect by the RPD. She also said that KT was her best friend and "soulmate" (weird again). I realize sisters love each other but I have never heard anyone refer to their sister as their "soulmate".[/QUOTE]

BBM

Trying to catch up. Can't help but wonder who D's attorney is - David Rudolf?
:popcorn:
perhaps k was not the intended victim, which would make it random, but D herself was the intended target.
perhaps someone she met that night, at the bar or wherever they shared some drugs together or not, later on that person went to the house expecting to find D there alone, went inside and found K in a room, thinking it was D and did what he did......when leaving, those are the footsteps that D heard from another part of the house.
and perhaps she is not showing her face for some kind of safety reasons.
Has she taken a polygraph test?

ALL MOO AND SPECULATION ON MY PART, NOTHING FACTUAL OR FOR CERTAIN UNLESS OTHERWISE KNOWN TO BE.

Interesting, but probably not related, you think? I'm not very good at knowing where to look for statistics online, but found that there were 95 reported rapes in Raleigh in 2008 (same number in 2007). Any reason we should look at this one in Chapel Hill any closer than any of the other 8 (average per 30-day period) that may have occurred in the month surrounding the murder of KT? Just wondering and eager to learn....

No reason. Like Prancy I am just grasping, but I appreciate the statistics! A transient person hanging around the area, that's all I was thinking. Someone who moves around a lot might be a possibility. They know they are going to be in another state in a few days, so it is hard to catch up with them. I don't know about any other rapes in March, this was on the news today and that's the only reason i picked it up.

What are the Odds?

This is turning out to be an extremely unusual crime.

Percentages of Murders using a blunt instrument: approx 5%

Percentages of Murders where a sexual assault takes place: approx 1-2%

Now, Factor in these things:

Odds of the whole attack and departure taking place while the sister took a quick trip to Harris Teeter.

Odds of money and purses not being taken.

Odds of the sister being in small second floor bedroom and not hearing the rape and murder in the room next door.

Odds of one room being selected over the other by the intruder.

Odds of being raped the night of surgery.

/

DH knows someone was in the house just before she finds her sister (at 9:30 Saturday morn)

Now what are the odds of this type of rape/murder happening in the daylight with another relative in the house and the entire crime goes unnoticed?

This is really getting far out statistically.

/

Well, here comes the mess, then.....i agree, why should she hide her face? Well, let her talk. Eventually, some part of the truth will come out. I guess she is protecting herself, saying it wouldnt have mattered if she had discovered K earlier, that she still would not have survived that blow. But maybe if she had stayed put, never left the house, none of this would have happened. I guess we all have stories like that....if only i had done this, if only i hadn't done that. but we can't change what happened, we can only deal with it, and hopefully in a good way that makes us stronger and better human beings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KryYo