NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not able to find the original interview quoted from WTVD but this is definitely a new twist

{Holton discovered Taft unresponsive the morning of March 6 and called 911. She told WCTI that she heard someone in the house before she found her sister badly beaten.

"I heard footsteps and I know somebody was in that house. But I didn't know that house. I'd never stayed in that house before and then I found her and that's when I called 911," she said.

Police interrogated Holton, but she says they treated her with the utmost respect."}

Reading this and then listening to the 1st 911 call - it just does not add up. DH is too calm.

Check out post #251 above; click on WRAL link and you'll find the interview there plus video. You are right; it doesn't add up.

I believe DH when she says that they never considered her or treated her as a suspect.

They may have screwed up too, at least in taking her story at face value.

Now there's a 911 call saying that DH thinks she saw someone and now she is claiming she heard someone.

I believe DH when she says that they never considered her or treated her as a suspect.

They may have screwed up too, at least in taking her story at face value.

Now there's a 911 call saying that DH thinks she saw someone and now she is claiming she heard someone.

I don't. They had to suspect her; everyone else did.

BTW, in a google searh for info on D, found a person with her same full name registered as a member of NALC (National Association of Letter Carriers).

Me skeptical? Well, yeah. I think some things just don't make good sense. And there is a pocket of time in there where the sister could have done many things - sleep or hide bloody clothes and weapons or help someone else get away. LE and the family have declined to tell the public about what was going on then. Must have been something or it wouldn't really matter - right?!

let me get this straight: according to wtvd, DH heard footsteps right before she found KT around 9:30 am. But the attack happened something before or just after midnight? so the perp hangs around for oh, 8 or 9 hours, waiting for DH to wake up? methinks the lady doth talks too much, to misquote a play.

Check out post #251 above; click on WRAL link and you'll find the interview there plus video. You are right; it doesn't add up.

I have looked at the link in post 251. It has 3 videos, but none of them have an interview with D. Her words are quoted in the article. Can someone actually post the site with her video interview.

I have looked at the link in post 251. It has 3 videos, but none of them have an interview with D. Her words are quoted in the article. Can someone actually post the site with her video interview.

I have searched the WCTI-12 website and cannot find it. I don't know if they post late but i will keep searching. The WTVD link narrative is where the WCTI interview is quoted

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7384257

I found this report at a Greenville station. They say when they called the police to confirm these stories that family and friends had been eliminated and were told by police that it was not true and that they had not made any statements about suspects. Why is WTVD and WRAL quoting it as if it is coming from the Police when the police say that it isn't true?

http://www2.wnct.com/nct/news/local...uled_out_in_taft_murder_investigation/130533/

Hi everyone...I am new to the board but have been following this story from the beginning.
I have thought all along that the theory of DH bringing someone back to the house was a good possibility. One thing that doesnt make sense is why the killer would have left DH alone. If the killer met DH and she brought him back to the house then why would the killer leave the one person who could id him. That doesnt add up to me.
Another senerio that I thought about was DH brought someone back home and in her intoxication starts to reveal her true feelings for KT. And as the emotions grew heavier she convinced him to help her kill her. Far-fetched? maybe. but what about this case is normal?
Did anyone else see the interview with DH on the Greenville station last night? (I ahave looked everywhere and cannot find a link--I am not even sure which station I was watching)
In this interview DH refuse to show her face on camera (which seemed weird to me). She stated that she was not a suspect and was never treated as a suspect by the RPD. She also said that KT was her best friend and "soulmate" (weird again). I realize sisters love each other but I have never heard anyone refer to their sister as their "soulmate".

Isn't it odd that now this DH interview is not easily found except to referenced in the WTVD story. WCTI is an ABC channel out of New Bern, NC.

Hi everyone...I am new to the board but have been following this story from the beginning.
I have thought all along that the theory of DH bringing someone back to the house was a good possibility. One thing that doesnt make sense is why the killer would have left DH alone. If the killer met DH and she brought him back to the house then why would the killer leave the one person who could id him. That doesnt add up to me.
Another senerio that I thought about was DH brought someone back home and in her intoxication starts to reveal her true feelings for KT. And as the emotions grew heavier she convinced him to help her kill her. Far-fetched? maybe. but what about this case is normal?
Did anyone else see the interview with DH on the Greenville station last night? (I ahave looked everywhere and cannot find a link--I am not even sure which station I was watching)
In this interview DH refuse to show her face on camera (which seemed weird to me). She stated that she was not a suspect and was never treated as a suspect by the RPD. She also said that KT was her best friend and "soulmate" (weird again). I realize sisters love each other but I have never heard anyone refer to their sister as their "soulmate".

Isn't it odd that now this DH interview is not easily found except referenced in the WTVD story. WCTI is an ABC channel out of New Bern, NC.

This is the link for that tv station. It has a video that is entitled "chilling new details" I don't know what it is about. When I click onto the link for the video, it won't let me see it. Says I don't have the right program to view it.

See if you can view it.
http://www.wcti12.com/News12.asp

Prancy, that link is great - had not seen that.

I've been lurking for a few days but I finally have a question.

Why didn't the police seize their cell phones? I can't find them listed in the SW under items seized. Wouldn't that help with timelines or give important clues? I would think Kathy would have had her cellphone nearby in case she wanted to place a long distance call. Not everyone would have Geil's landline number.

Where was Dina's phone? It wasn't listed as an item seized in the Durango.

I am just wondering if the LE are doing a sloppy job or if the phones just got omitted from the list but were actually seized. I still think they are important.

That's odd - I just saw the clip on WRAL at 6 pm news tonight. I looked it up on the web and it was the same link as #251 post. When I saw there was a video link to click on, I assumed it was video accompanying the article but turns out, the DH interview is missing. WRAL should repeat it at 11:00 for all those who are in the viewing area. Sorry for the mistake.

This is the link for that tv station. It has a video that is entitled "chilling new details" I don't know what it is about. When I click onto the link for the video, it won't let me see it. Says I don't have the right program to view it.

See if you can view it.
http://www.wcti12.com/News12.asp

Just watched it. Nothing new - just contains exerpts from both 911 calls.

Wow!!! She never mentioned hearing someone in the house on the call. I missed it if she did. And it sure didn't sound like she was too concerned about an uninvited person in the house when she is talking about her sister's condition. BUT, she did tell the dispatcher that the door was locked and she had to unlock it for the EMS. I guess this intruder locked it behind him or climbed back out a window. Sorry - DH still has some questions to answer.

Total agree with you on that, JMT. It just does NOT make any good sense at all. If she heard footsteps, and knew someone was in the house, and then went to check on her sis, she sure was calm. And, sure didn't say anything about that in the 911 call she made. And, she did state time and time again in the 911 call that the door was locked. I have listened to that part of the call over and over again, bc it was the part that was most fishy to me. How could the door be locked if some random person had come in? Unless it was the most considerate rapist ever. And, she made the comment about not knowing the house....she'd been there at least a few hours to eat dinner and at least get KT in bed. The house is 1400 sq. ft. How complicated could it be?

Prancy, that link is great - had not seen that.

I've been lurking for a few days but I finally have a question.

Why didn't the police seize their cell phones? I can't find them listed in the SW under items seized. Wouldn't that help with timelines or give important clues? I would think Kathy would have had her cellphone nearby in case she wanted to place a long distance call. Not everyone would have Geil's landline number.

Where was Dina's phone? It wasn't listed as an item seized in the Durango.

I am just wondering if the LE are doing a sloppy job or if the phones just got omitted from the list but were actually seized. I still think they are important.

Perhaps the cell phone was in the purse that was listed in the SW?

DH knows someone was in the house just before she finds her sister (at 9:30 Saturday morn)

Now what are the odds of this type of rape/murder happening in the daylight with another relative in the house and the entire crime goes unnoticed?

This is really getting far out statistically.

/

It's not only getting far out statistically, it's getting far out believably too. The more I hear, honestly, the more fishy it sounds. Truly, it sounds so far fetched. I am almost wondering if these "sources close to the investigation" are planting this idea that everyone is clear to see if "people" will start talking now that they feel safe. Seems like that might be what is happening. JMOO.:waitasec:

I am blown away with the new info... D heard someone in the house!?!

I can't wait to find out what she says next.

Perhaps the cell phone was in the purse that was listed in the SW?

Maybe. I speculated earlier that D took KT's cell with her to the hospital to call KT's family. If she did then both phones would not be in the SWs. The police likely got them later, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KryYo