NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone please go to the link below & carefully listen to what the reporter & D say.

The reporter says....D told reporter that K would've died anyway.....even if she'd been found hours earlier!!! Are ya kiddin me????

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/index

I went back and watched again. In introducing the interview Larry Stogner says that right before finding her sister injuried, D hears footsteps in the house. Then Ed Crump says that police are going to be taking a look at this contention, almost implying that this is the first that police heard this statment.

Then D speaks and says she heard footsteps she says, "I knowed somebody was in the house." What? Why wouldn't that be the first thing you would say when you called 911? Wouldn't you say. Someone is in this house! I just heard footsteps. Please send help! My sister is hurt! The intruder may still be inside! I'm locked in the room with her! I think that would be logical.

This is really sad. I can't see a way out for her at this point.

I think her dilemma may be that she left the house in the middle of the night and is married. How is she going to explain that? Footsteps? She cannot admit she left her for hours alone.

Has anyone gotten information about the plastic surgeon? I also wonder if sis had mentioned to anyone that she was going to have a little "party" time in raleigh while taking care of her sister. any close friends?

I think her dilemma has got to be that she left the house in the middle of the night and is married. How is she going to explain that? Footsteps? I think it's just another cover. She cannot admit she left her for hours alone. This is marriage number two, and unless he is an extraordinary man, (which he very well may be) this song is over.

If we assume that D had no involvment and her only wrong doing is trying to cover up the fact that she left and didn't get back until around 9:30, then who left the plastic bag corners in the house? Also, wouldn't LE be able to tell from her cell phone records, where she was during the entire evening? Were the cell phones discarded before 911 was called on the mistaken belief that their pings could not be detected without the actual phone? (I saw none seized on the SW)

I would rather risk a divorce than be considered as someone possibliy involved in my sisters murder. And what about the person she could have been with? Don't you think they would be nervous and anxious to clear their name? I would have said Yikes, that lady who was with me all night, sister was murdered! I must report what I know to clear myself. That's what I would think. Keeping a fling secret is one thing, but that's taking it too far IMO.

And who says I guess she's breathing okay with what she's got going on. What? I can barely process that statement.

DH says that ... If you could add "911 Operator" and "Dina" to above that would be great, Laces ... and THANK YOU!

I'm back and listening now.

ETA
Maybe spaces between too ... like

911 OPERATOR: 911 address and emergency

DINA: Yes, Send an ambulance ..... um ....2710 C-A-R-T-I-E-R drive in Raleigh. She had surgery t... yesterday and um...I've been here with her and I checked on her last night and I just got....I checked on her this morning ..and she had surgery on her neck ........and her um....her ...I can't think.anyway she had some tucks, you know they..

911 OPERATOR: Alright tell me what is going on with her right now.

DINA.: She is in the bed, I cannot get her up, there's....she is all wrapped up, you know with the gauze...there is blood everywhere, everywhere! on her face.

etc.

Re Post #337 - and the 911 caller (DH) is very matter of fact, almost clinical. Nothing anxious or excited - until the very end when EMS enter. Doesn't really sound like she's discovered her "soulmate" has been beaten to death.

Let me say though - I walked in on a man robbing my house last year, quietly sneaked out without him knowing, called 911 at neighbors, was scared to death and yet, I remember being pretty okay once the dispatcher and I started talking. I needed to keep it together to get the dispatcher as much info as could while the robber was still in the house so that LE could respond quickly. Not saying this is exactly the same but I think people can switch into a different mode. (Family/friends were amazed that I kept my cool in the house when I saw him and didn't cry out -- I'm so not like that usually!) I remember when my husband and neighbors all arrived when it was over (police caught him in house), I fell apart. ...Maybe DH was doing her best to keep it together until help arrived.

I know that people react differently to emergencies, but the first things out of DH's mouth was about "checking on her!" Who cares at that point? The main thing you want to get across to EMS is how badly she's bleeding and that she's barely clinging to life - not to explain how you checked on her. She's wasting valuable time there.

And regarding the teenage perp possibility: The perp had to have seen women alone in the house and planned the attack because in the middle of the night who randomly picks a house with a possibility of a man being there?

With the plastic bag corners (supposedly used to hold drugs) - someone in that house used drugs. Why would the perp leave bag corners behind? Drug deal gone bad? I find it hard to believe DH was a druggie but in today's world nearly anything is possible.

Katesmom and Pinkorchid, but why would you not mention that you heard footsteps and knew someone was in the house. She says that in her interview. That's a crucial piece of information to not mention when you have 911 on the line.

Katesmom and Pinkorchid, but why would you not mention that you heard footsteps and knew someone was in the house. She says that in her interview. That's a crucial piece of information to not mention when you have 911 on the line.

Not to mention she says the door is locked and has to go unlock it to let in EMS. Guess she yelled to the intruder to be sure and lock the door on your way out!!

Is there a link to the 911 tapes other than through ncwanted.com?

It's too choppy on my laptop ... can't grasp what exactly is beind said. TIA

Is there a link to the 911 tapes other than through ncwanted.com?

It's too choppy on my laptop ... can't grasp what exactly is beind said. TIA

Google "Taft 911 calls" and you should get plenty of sites.

FWIW, one transcription I saw said she was wrapped up in a shawl.

That made no sense to me so I think they got it wrong, and gauze is it. (This was in article: Kathy Taft's Daughter Reacts to Hearing 911 Calls ...)

Thanks, Sloth. I get plenty of sites talking about the calls but so far, none with links to the actual calls ... I actually wanted to listen to the same one Laces did.

Laces, if you could add your source to your transcription, that would be helpful too. TIA

FWIW, one transcription I saw said she was wrapped up in a shawl.

That made no sense to me so I think they got it wrong, and gauze is it. (This was in article: Kathy Taft's Daughter Reacts to Hearing 911 Calls ...)

I heard that too and it did not make any sense til i listened to the 911 call with earbuds and the word is gauze. Funny but that is how I also got so interested in this case and stumbled upon this great website. You guys are great!

I heard things a bit differently but will head to another computer and listening again...

[COLOR="black"]DH) is very matter of fact, almost clinical. Nothing anxious or excited - until the very end when EMS enter. Doesn't really sound like she's discovered her "soulmate" has been beaten to death[/COLOR].

Oh, I agree, Prancy. Totally.
My comments were in relation to the question about DH's apparent composure and lack of anxiety or excitement. I could buy that having been in critical situations before and surprising myself at how composed I was. As to what she did and didn't tell the dispatcher....I have no idea what she was thinking. It makes no sense.

I know that people react differently to emergencies, but the first things out of DH's mouth was about "checking on her!" Who cares at that point? The main thing you want to get across to EMS is how badly she's bleeding and that she's barely clinging to life - not to explain how you checked on her. She's wasting valuable time there.

And regarding the teenage perp possibility: The perp had to have seen women alone in the house and planned the attack because in the middle of the night who randomly picks a house with a possibility of a man being there?

With the plastic bag corners (supposedly used to hold drugs) - someone in that house used drugs. Why would the perp leave bag corners behind? Drug deal gone bad? I find it hard to believe DH was a druggie but in today's world nearly anything is possible.

Good points!
Plastic bag corners could have been left behind by JG?

This is what I heard. (from ncwanted.com)

Audio

My laptop doesn't show what the time is of the call, so I can't tell you exactly where it is ... close to the end.

DINA: Yeah, but maybe not – I mean, it was like it was last night when I went up – when I finally went upstairs about 3.

IMOO, I think D is just digging a bigger hole for herself. None of this makes any sense at all. In the 911 call, she mentions nothing whatsoever, whether she was in the house all night long, on drugs, not on drugs, drunk or not, with someone, or alone, about any kind of injury to her sister. She only talks about complications from surgery. Never a moment of fear or worry about a stranger or footsteps or anything. Even if you are holding it together, or just got home or whatever, and you walk in a are in shock and think, wow, those are some bad complications from surgery, and then you start to think, I heard footsteps, wouldn't you at least mention that to the 911 dispatcher???? And now, she's totally PLACING someone else unknown at the scene with a whole new story about hearing footsteps and not knowing the house and then going down to check on her sister and finding her and then calling 911. It is honestly like two totally different stories for two totally different crimes. IMO, the RPD are just letting her talk to see what's gonna happen. The more she talks, the more weird it gets....IMO, unless there is physically semen on KT's body and she was raped, I am going back to my original theory that D and KT got into it, they fought and KT accidently got injured worse than intended. It's the only thing that makes sense to me. The sexual assualt could have been staged, just like in the JBR case in Boulder. They are pretty sure now that her mom staged that scene after an accidental push.

I also heard "I don't need directions to it" meaning the house ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thundercoyote