NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can quote DH as saying at the hospital, "I was asleep on the sofa. I woke up and THINK I saw someone running on the stairs. I got up and went on the porch (or deck..not sure which word she used) and didn't see anything. I realized the door was unlocked and locked it. I checked on K and heard her snoring so I went back the sleep." Naturally my first response was ..you THINK you saw another person in the house and went back to sleep?????? She made that statement the day K was taken to the hospital. 2 days later she said, "I am sure I saw someone. It could have just as easily been me if they had seen me on the sofa."
Now, why did she say "footsteps" as opposed to actually seeing someone. Why didn't she mention that in the 911 call? Either she is confused about what she has said to whom..or she truly doesn't remember what happened. I hesitated posting this because I do not want to add fuel to a fire that may point fingers unjustly, but as I read all these posts I think this info might add a little...even if it's just added confusion.

Man, that's pretty wild. I know you don't want to reveal who you are, but can you say if she told Police what you say she said? Who else knows this, if you can say?

In the 911 tape, I think she says I went outside and then WE went upstairs around 3:00. Did she mention anyone else being there at the hospital?

I can quote DH as saying at the hospital, "I was asleep on the sofa. I woke up and THINK I saw someone running on the stairs. I got up and went on the porch (or deck..not sure which word she used) and didn't see anything. I realized the door was unlocked and locked it. I checked on K and heard her snoring so I went back the sleep." Naturally my first response was ..you THINK you saw another person in the house and went back to sleep?????? She made that statement the day K was taken to the hospital. 2 days later she said, "I am sure I saw someone. It could have just as easily been me if they had seen me on the sofa."
Now, why did she say "footsteps" as opposed to actually seeing someone. Why didn't she mention that in the 911 call? Either she is confused about what she has said to whom..or she truly doesn't remember what happened. I hesitated posting this because I do not want to add fuel to a fire that may point fingers unjustly, but as I read all these posts I think this info might add a little...even if it's just added confusion.

Welcome Beach - You were at the hospital?

So she DID go outside...confirms her 911 statement?

Continued from my last post asking you questions....
Who did she make these statements to at the hospital? Was there blood on her clothes?

She saw someone running on the stairs. Did she mean the inside stairs or the outside stairs? Do you think she went outside to try to see someone running away outside?

I can quote DH as saying at the hospital, "I was asleep on the sofa. I woke up and THINK I saw someone running on the stairs. I got up and went on the porch (or deck..not sure which word she used) and didn't see anything. I realized the door was unlocked and locked it. I checked on K and heard her snoring so I went back the sleep.".

Hmmm
Passed out on the couch, it sounds very likely.

If shethinks she saw(heard footsteps too?) someone running down the outside stairs, went out to see and saw nothing, then locked the door (probably for 1st time), then checked on Kathy and heard snoring....then staggered upstairs at 3am.

Beach4me, I'm trying to get a sense of what she was like at the hospital. Can you describe her clothing, pj's or jeans, etc. Was her hair combed or messy? Did she look like she had gotten ready to go out or just ran out of the house without dressing much?

I'm trying to figure out what the intruder was doing going up the stairs inside when the computer, tv, purse, etc was downstairs and why would they bypass a person on the couch and seek out a person in a secluded room with the door shut to kill.

Soulmate sister? What info do you have to dispute that?
Lets not forget KT chose to buy a condo right next door to her sister just 2 years ago. She also confided in her that she was having a 'secret' neck lift and asked her to be her nurse maid, driving 3 hours and staying for several days.

Drunk and high people are often very negligent and dismiss responsibility.

I apologize if I appeared to be disputing or even passing judgement as to whether or not the two were "soulmates." I am not doing that, as I do not know D or K personally. I used D's word in quotes (maybe with a little sarcasm) to point out that it seems like (in the interview) she is using that as a defense - implying she would never hurt her sister because they were soulmates. (IMO)

I believe that at a minimum, this "best friend" sister was negligent in her duties as caretaker. What would cause her to be negligent after she agreed to the task of nursing her sister (who she says she loved) for a few days? It seems to me she would have been trying to please her older sister who was maybe giving her a chance (if it's true D had a known history of substance abuse).

Certainly substance abuse would start the ball rolling. But would that be enough to get her to leave the house (if she did) and/or not check on K for hours? I doubt it. IMO, something else fueled the flame that may have caused D to partake in major substance use to render herself incapacitated or caused her to dismiss her responsibilities and simply leave for a while.

I contend it was anger. I betcha K caught her drinking a beer or using drugs and blew up. I won't repeat my theory again but I believe there's way more to the story of D's whereabouts and activites that somehow have to do with K. I just don't believe D put K to bed just fine and went on her merry partying way.

http://www.ncwanted.com/unsolved/audio/7393525/

2:06 is the "snore" info. Remember she told others at the hospital she heard her snoring in the night when she checked on her. How would she have remembered she said the same thing in the 911 call? She said that as an answer to 911.

5:35 "I went upstairs about3"

Sorry guys, I think the 911 is very normal, considering the circumstances.
She became very emotional at the end when she finally realized the gravity of her condition when she turned her on her back.

I don't want to run this in the ground, but please relisten very carefully to the tape. She says I went outside and We went upstairs at 3:00. Does someone have a way to slow it down for maximum clarity? That might help. She says 2 things. I went outside and We went upstairs at 3:00. That's all I'll say about it. I guess we can agree to disagree.

I don't want to run this in the ground, but please relisten very carefully to the tape. She says I went outside and We went upstairs at 3:00. Does someone have a way to slow it down for maximum clarity? That might help. She says 2 things. I went outside and We went upstairs at 3:00. That's all I'll say about it. I guess we can agree to disagree.

It really comes through clearly to me...Funny how different people hear different things. But - I agree with you, Prancy.

I was just transcribing what the nurse says in her 911 call ... and she says the family thinks they saw someone ... which made me wonder who said that.

I was just coming over to ask here.

My transcription is in progress. I keep listening but don't understand what is said.

Prancy, I just played it 4 times for 2 other people in my house and nobody heard "we". Perhaps your sound card or speakers need attention?

"Yea, it was the same the last night when I wen..when I finally went upstairs around 3"

Man, that's pretty wild. I know you don't want to reveal who you are, but can you say if she told Police what you say she said? Who else knows this, if you can say?

In the 911 tape, I think she says I went outside and then WE went upstairs around 3:00. Did she mention anyone else being there at the hospital?

I don't want to get specific about who she said this to but I would not share it if I wasn't 100% sure that she made these statements. This info was shared with those who needed to know. She was referring to the inside steps.
I have read these posts all along and held back this info. But as I have sensed an innocent, harmless discussion of available information I decided this might provide additional consideration.

Parts of the 911 calls fade in and out ... and not always the same ones as I'm listening ... UGH!

Don't quote this because I plan on editing this post:

Source: http://www.wral.com/news/local/audio/7390963/

Note: Did not use earbuds. Young daughter was "helping" me by climbing on my back.

911 OPERATOR:: Emergency services.

NURSE: Hey, um, is this RPD?

911 OPERATOR:: Yeah, it’s the 911 Center.

NURSE: Oh. Well, I’m trying to reach, um, RPD tried to call, and it was like one minute, and they hung up before I could get back to them. I’m calling in regards to a patient that we just got about an hour and a half ago, and now it’s turned into invest -- a possible investigation of a rape. Um, ... it's, uh ... it happened on 2710 Cartier Drive. In Raleigh.

911 OPERATOR:: Let me see if I can find anything on it. Give me just a second.

NURSE: Okay.

911 OPERATOR:: And it was an RPD officer who called up there?

NURSE: Yes, ma’am … we actually called … um, it … the whole situation … I mean, this patient’s been ____, and is gonna die, but, um, we eventually found out per the family that they thought that maybe the patient was raped because per her, um, physical findings that we’re finding now, um, that’s … it … stories are now matching up. So we contacted RPD – the doctor did – um, and said, you know, we might need to file an investigation, and so he was waitin' for me to come to the phone and by the time I got to the phone, they had already hung up.

911 OPERATOR: Okay.

NURSE: So, I don’t know if I need to – what I need to do now, I’m just trying to maybe get some information.

911 OPERATOR:: Okay. It’s not ______, so I’ll put a call back in for it because I don’t see a call in for it now.

NURSE: Okay.

911 OPERATOR:: And you … give me that address once again to make sure I have it right.

NURSE: It’s 2710 C-as-in-cat. A-R-T-I-E-R Drive, and it’s 27605. Is that an actual address?

911 OPERATOR:: Yes, that’s an actual address. Actually, I’m showing the EMS call from that at the hospital right now.

NURSE: Oh, yeah. They are.

911 OPERATOR:: Do you have any like ... any suspect description or anything like that, or it's just kinda sketchy to say at this time?

NURSE: It’s very sketchy because the family thinks they might have seen someone but they really don’t know. And the patient … it’s just a really bad situation. We can’t ask the patient anything so we really don't know.

911 OPERATOR:: Okay. Where’s the patient located?

NURSE: In the Emergency Department, C Bay, Room 25.

911 OPERATOR:: Room 25?

NURSE: Yes, ma'am.

911 OPERATOR:: Okay, then, we'll have an officer take care of that.

NURSE: Thank you very much.

911 OPERATOR: You’re welcome. Bye.

NURSE: Bye.

Kudos to Laces ... yours was much, much longer. This drove me nuts.

beach4me
I take it you are a friend of KT from Greenville?
I assume the 'quote' you posted came from an e-mail you received from Taft family member and you were not there to quote DH verbatim?

I don't want to get specific about who she said this to but I would not share it if I wasn't 100% sure that she made these statements. This info was shared with those who needed to know. She was referring to the inside steps.
I have read these posts all along and held back this info. But as I have sensed an innocent, harmless discussion of available information I decided this might provide additional consideration.

She thinks she saw someone running on the inside stairs and then she went outside to check?

Well, if she heard footsteps on the inside steps then walked outside to look, no doubt the poor thing was snookered that night.
Explains a lot.

Prancy, I just played it 4 times for 2 other people in my house and nobody heard "we". Perhaps your sound card or speakers need attention?

"Yea, it was the same the last night when I wen..when I finally went upstairs around 3"

Okay. I'll try to listen to it some more tomorrow. LOL.

Re: Post 433 - 2nd 911 call

does anything find this call odd. The person calling makes it sound like she was calling back because some one else had called but had been hung up on after a minute.

Would hospital security place the call or caller request an officer to investigate a possible rape (end of conversation) IMO - the caller wasn't experienced or professional 'official' sounding on the call. Sounded to me like 2 friends carrying on a conversation. Just MO!!

Crap.

Now I'm confused as to whether she went upstairs or was asleep on the sofa.

I can't imagine how the family is feeling ... wanting to tear out their hair ... and maybe hers.

Yes, I knew KT. No, I was not the person DH made the comments to but I guess I quoted from a quote..with no reason to doubt its validity. The only thing I'm not sure about is whether she said porch or deck. I'm also not sure whether she said she saw someone running upstairs or downstairs. I do know she said she thought she saw someone running on (up or down) the stairs inside the house. She then went outside ( I guess to see if she saw anyone) came back in and locked the door. As far as how she was dressed at the hospital, I don't know. I do know in her second conversation she expressed her awareness that if she had been seen, as she slept on the sofa, she could have also been a victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zandylee07