NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know ss.
I detected shame and embarrassment on all their faces.

I guess i expected tears from JW's family. Obviously JW is hollow - probably going through some type of drug withdrawal at this point.

After reading the arrest warrant, I wanted to throw up - made some of the assumptions real.

Amanda Lamb will investigate and get the answers we want - I'd buy the book.

I was interested in the man to the right to his wife (there is another female between them); he looks a lot like JW. At least to me.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/video?id=7394714

ETA
Just before 1:00 mark ... I think. Video is choppy for me, so that is a guess.

I thought the same thing if you are talking about the guy with the brown beard - perhaps a brother?

So many people damaged by this heinous act by this nasty evil cretin. Uggghhh.

I still have many questions, but I will wait patiently for the answers to come out.

God Bless Kathy Taft and her family, and give them peace.

Betcha his 'wife' will soon enough be glad she did not take the Williford name.

Even though I have Adobe Reader 9.3 (the newest version) and a new computer, I cannot open the abc local link that a poster provided. Any suggestions?

I would really like to see the footage from today's court session and I very much appreciate the info you all are providing here on the WS forum.

TIA.

I wonder what "look" on a family member's face would satisfy the public? Would tears streaming down the faces of those in court help anyone? Here we have another family whose world has been forever altered. Don't forget that they have a loss here too. If I was the mother of this man, i would lock my grief up tight in public, it would be private. No doubt they have a world of tears at this time, but they owe the public nothing. They did not ask to suddenly be placed in the public eye. I'm sure they, like the Taft family, are asking God to help them through this horror minute by minute.

I wonder what "look" on a family member's face would satisfy the public? Would tears streaming down the faces of those in court help anyone? Here we have another family whose world has been forever altered. Don't forget that they have a loss here too. If I was the mother of this man, i would lock my grief up tight in public, it would be private. No doubt they have a world of tears at this time, but they owe the public nothing. They did not ask to suddenly be placed in the public eye. I'm sure they, like the Taft family, are asking God to help them through this horror minute by minute.

Beautifully said. Tragedy on both sides of the aisle, so to speak.

Eloquently stated, Laces!!! Can't even imagine the mixture of emotions & grief both of the families are are feeling. I am sure their faces don't show all the pain inside.

The family can't be totally shell-shocked, after all he was convicted of breaking into a 58 year old neighbor's home before...while she was in the home.
I read some of the comments from the news boards. One wrote she knew his parents and they were good, solid citizens. Just goes to show you can do your best as a parent, but your child may end up being a total screwball like Jason.
Yes, this is a tragedy all around.

When you love a child like I love mine, no matter what they do, the love is still there, but there is much pain inside. No matter how good a parent is or has been, is not a hundred per cent deterrent for crime. Both sides suffer in different ways. Good people can make bad decisions that they carry with them the remainder of their life. The family suffers also because of the bad choices or decisions. My sympathy goes out to both families and I trust that God will give them grace sufficient to endure this horrible, sad time.

I hope JW is really the guy....and this isnt some horrible mistake with DNA and DNA lab tech people pressured by DA to come up with the results they wanted for a quick resolution....in my heart i think it was JW but i hope the cigarette butt was collected correctly and DNA lab is ROCK SOLID and the chain of custody is IRONCLAD!!! becasue if there is ONE thing wrong in that sequence Buddy Conner will find it and possibly the case could be on its ear. BC is a seasoned capitol murder attorney and is bleeding heart. Has made it his career to defend against the death penalty. He does most of his work pro bono in this type of situation. I know for BC this must be a bit of a dilema regarding the Taft's. TT has been eNC legal insitiution forEVER! LOTS of TT legal/political connections that have been mentioned here and many more not.

Personally, I wanted a look of remorse from JW. You can best bet when he's on trial for 1st degree murder, he'll be clean shaven, hair cut and in a suit in an attempt to show the jurors his "good" side.

Well, lets just say his discarded cig gave the cops probable cause.
Now that he is in custody, rest assured a very carefully collected DNA will be analyzed and handled with utmost care. Now that we know he performed intercourse, it is very likely they obtained a very good sample of his DNA inside KT's vagina and the bed sheets.
Reasonable doubt? No
Guilty as charged.
MOO

Personally, I wanted a look of remorse from JW. You can best bet when he's on trial for 1st degree murder, he'll be clean shaven, hair cut and in a suit in an attempt to show the jurors his "good" side.

ss, i'll be shocked if there is ever a trial.
I think the focus will be on a plea deal for 2nd degree murder and 1st degree rape. It can easily be argued he did not intend to kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KryYo