NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ss, i'll be shocked if there is ever a trial.
I think the focus will be on a plea deal for 2nd degree murder and 1st degree rape. It can easily be argued he did not intend to kill.

I agree taking the plea would probably be in the best interest of all parties.

Makes me feel good to know I'll contribute to JW's future while he's in prison. Love seeing my tax $ so well spent. Perhaps he'll be able to start a band, maybe name it the Innocent Convicts.

Hope JW and Atwater get to share a bunk.

can't post for some reason, so if i responded twice, forgive me and i will delete one when i can....
laces

Found him in the system now.
http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/calendars/CriminalQuery.html (just searched for Williford; found on second page, but Williford,Jason will get you direct link)

Jason Williford Direct Link

Arraigned Offenses for Case Number: 2010005856 CR

Arraigned Defendant Name: WILLIFORD,JASON,KEITH

County: WAKE

Court Date: 04/19/2010

Session: PM

Court Room: JAIL

Offense Code 1103

Description Felony FIRST DEGREE RAPE

Statute 14-27.2(A)

When you love a child like I love mine, no matter what they do, the love is still there, but there is much pain inside. No matter how good a parent is or has been, is not a hundred per cent deterrent for crime. Both sides suffer in different ways. Good people can make bad decisions that they carry with them the remainder of their life. The family suffers also because of the bad choices or decisions. My sympathy goes out to both families and I trust that God will give them grace sufficient to endure this horrible, sad time.

Well worded (alliteration)...:angel:

Remember the report saying the HT mgr found the car running early Sat am when he reported to work? Well, this article says HT discovered it when they closed at 11PM and called police to check it out that night.

workers from the Harris Teeter grocery store discovered a car running -- with the keys still inside -- when they left the building after closing that Friday night.

http://www.raleightelegram.com/2010041503.html

Remember the report saying the HT mgr found the car running early Sat am when he reported to work? Well, this article says HT discovered it when they closed at 11PM and called police to check it out that night.

workers from the Harris Teeter grocery store discovered a car running -- with the keys still inside -- when they left the building after closing that Friday night.

http://www.raleightelegram.com/2010041503.html

Running from at least 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. ... 7 hours. Longer if she only made one trip as stated, and locked her keys in it when she got dinner.

I wonder whether LE checked into it. I suppose that's doubtful since it was still running at 6 a.m. ...

What might have been ...

Okay ... the police did show up ... but why the heck was the car still running at 6 a.m. the next day? Why did the police not break in, turn the car off at least?

However, the workers at the shopping center were not aware of the vehicle’s relation to the Taft case until the police returned the following day, which is when they learned that the vehicle belonged to Taft’s sister.

ETA
There is no mention that the vehicle was locked. I just made that assumption. My bad.

Odd the cop didn't call a rotation tow truck?
(a locksmith would want to be paid)
A vehicle left with the keys obviously inside would be an instant attraction for a 'would be' late night car thief. It seems he just said "no harm, surely someone will be back for it soon".
Well, one would have thought so......

This case is just so wierd because of the unknown. Just sharing some thoughts here. I think it was determined that the back of JW's residence led to a path that also led to the back of JG's house. I am wondering if he had walked that path before and also on further to the store. Could he have stopped by there when the remodeling was done (if that is true) and asked for work or just made small talk of a nosy neighbor. I just have the feeling that the house was not random; however the occupants may have been or perhaps he could have seen DH at the store or the parking lot when she locked her keys in the car. He could have offered to help her and she might have had a conversation with him telling him that she didn't have time to call someone right now because she had to get back to her sister???? Just so many questions... wonder if KT ever jogged in the neighborhood or maybe she had been seen before walking to the store? I am sure she stayed there quite often when she had meetings and when she was going with JG. I will be so glad to know what really happened if we ever do.

Good thoughts Smiles.

JW is reported to have moved to the neighborhood 6 months ago so I assume he did a lot of exploring of the area in the winter months.

He had also stayed out of trouble for 9 years since his last arrest (or atleast avoided LE). Can't help but wonder what drove him back to a life of crime, perhaps drugs and subsequently rape/murder.

Anyone figure out when JW married the girl that didn't bother to take his name?
Wonder where she was after midnight when her husband was walking in and raping KT?

Wonder where she was after midnight when her husband was walking in and raping KT?

Don't know why she kept her name unless she knew about his past? JW and wife could have had an argument and he got mad and left to ramble around or do drugs??? Sometimes drug use is not detected right away. Not saying that he was on drugs because I don't know. Could have been that he got so down about job situation and started using. Could he have walked the path in order to hide his use and just left to take walks here and there. People who use drugs are very good at concealing it as long as they can. Could have had a stash place somewhere around outside. Since we don't know the exact time of the attack, then we just have to guess. If JW got to JG's house that night by path, then he must have known the path very well. My comments are not meant to accuse anyone of anything,, just tyring to put the puzzle together.

ss, i'll be shocked if there is ever a trial.
I think the focus will be on a plea deal for 2nd degree murder and 1st degree rape. It can easily be argued he did not intend to kill.

If there's a plea deal, does that mean more chance that we (public) may never find out what really went on that night? (the answers to many of our questions, in other words).

I'm a little surprised here. It is not uncommon now for women to marry and keep their maiden name or some variation. This young woman is not accused of anything, and she may have been home, or may have been working.......she is a victim here as well.

Evidently JW has had unusual behavior for years. I saw part of an interview on the news in which one of the family's neighbors from years ago was interviewed. I believe it was 12 years ago, and the neighbor said that JW had broken into his house, but took nothing. He evidently drank a soda, watched tv and ran up a phone bill on '900' phone sites. I believe he said it was a few hundred dollars worth of calls. He also deposited a bm on the carpet, according to the neighbor. The interview is on WTVD -11 news, and was shown at 6:47 pm.

Evidently JW has had unusual behavior for years. I saw part of an interview on the news in which one of the family's neighbors from years ago was interviewed. I believe it was 12 years ago, and the neighbor said that JW had broken into his house, but took nothing. He evidently drank a soda, watched tv and ran up a phone bill on '900' phone sites. I believe he said it was a few hundred dollars worth of calls. He also deposited a bm on the carpet, according to the neighbor. The interview is on WTVD -11 news, and was shown at 6:47 pm.

Is that on the internet anyplace? I would love to read that. If he had an addiction to *advertiser censored*, this could explain a lot.

Found the article and reading it.. this is the most they have revealed about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member