NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When we heard from a poster D heard footsteps on the stairs, she said she thought inside (her info was 2nd hand)....I agree, It was likely a noise she heard outside on the deck and steps. This makes much more sense.

Could he have jumped out of a window and landed on the deck making a thud. Then she saw a shadow racing up the steps outside?

Is anyone else as confused as I am? According to daughter, D said she was at the home all night. So, that throws the "can't remember due to drinking" theory out the window? Many of us thought that D's statements had holes because she may have been intoxicated.

Confused and exhausted with the guesswork. Looking forward to concrete info... if/when that comes out! It's a very troubling situation and so glad at least now there is a defendant.

I just feel like it would make us females breathe a little easier if we knew how JW got in there. Maybe we could learn something from this about staying safe. Is there no home that is safe from someone like JW if he wants to come in? This is unsettling to me as a female.

If the bedroom was in the area which faced Cartier, and if JW came in the front door, he would have walked past Dina on the couch. If he came in the back window and left the same way, there are stairs going up to Cartier and stairs going down to the front of the house.

IIRC there is no entrance on Cartier actually.

It's off the deck, isn't it (in back).

JTF has posted a picture every now and then, and there is one on the link I posted above ... just go to the Photos tab of the real estate info. I don't want to post it here because there is someone in the photo. Probably one of the previous homeowners.

and then I found her.....7-8 hours later is what she meant...imo
The e-mail I received with her direct account said she heard a noise in the night....likley before she went up at 3am

BBM
JTF - I am unclear who you are referring to. You received an email from who's direct account?

There is a fireplace, so possible the couch faces that?

Not sure whether TV is above the fireplace or somewhere else in the room.

With the door onto the deck unlocked, I think he came and left that way. Dina locked it after he left, then went up to bed. She unlocked it for EMS when they arrived.

I just feel like it would make us females breathe a little easier if we knew how JW got in there. Maybe we could learn something from this about staying safe. Is there no home that is safe from someone like JW if he wants to come in? This is unsettling to me as a female.

If the bedroom was in the area which faced Cartier, and if JW came in the front door, he would have walked past Dina on the couch. If he came in the back window and left the same way, there are stairs going up to Cartier and stairs going down to the front of the house.

How many doors in the house and where? Some doors you can get in by swiping a credit card or some kind of plastic card. How did he see to get around in there? Supposedly it was dark in the house, other than maybe a night light or something. If he didn't know his way around, seems to me he would be stumbling over something.???? Just plain out wierd to me.

No one was home at the Wayland Drive apartment where he lived. Conch shells were lined up on the porch railing, and driftwood and bags of seashells decorated the wooden walkway to the front door.

JW moved with a girlfriend into 2812 Wayland Ave., Apt. D, about six months ago, according to neighbors. The two occasionally tended to landscaping in front of the two-story building, which sits down from the road and overlooks a quiet swath of woods.

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/04/18/442361/sketchy-pictureemerges-of-taft.html#ixzz0lW3jdh00

Wonder if this is why the LE asked if anyone had seen any landscapers in the area????

We now have a charged suspect in this case. Any further sleuthing of DH requires links and must be done respectfully. DH, as Kathy's sister, is a victim of this tragedy. I have cleaned up a few posts in the last couple of pages due to speculation, lack of links or remarks that could be hurtful to the family if they read here.

Please review any of your own posts and self-edit as needed.

Thanks,

Salem

imo, the reason she was held in suspicion initally is because neither the police nor family would release details about her locked car being left with keys in it at the shopping center, nor her whereabouts before and during the estimated time of the assault; this was probably done for her safety since there was no suspect at the time;

www.DMHolmesLaw.com

How many doors in the house and where? Some doors you can get in by swiping a credit card or some kind of plastic card. How did he see to get around in there? Supposedly it was dark in the house, other than maybe a night light or something. If he didn't know his way around, seems to me he would be stumbling over something.???? Just plain out wierd to me.

flashlight?

Hopefully to clear up rumors, here is a summary of what KT's daughter said to the media about what her aunt said happened:

1- D did not leave the house and go to a bar (she believes her, + that could be easily traced).
2- After a couple of beers (per SW), D fell asleep on the downstairs couch with the lights out (kT on same floor)
3- Sometime during the night, she thought she heard "footsteps". She got up in the dark room, turned on the outside lights, opened the door and called out to see if anyone was in the yard. She then closed and locked the door (supposedly for 1st time based on another account) and then checked on KT, who seemed to be "snoring" (same sound when she called 911 later). Then, at 3AM, she went upstairs to bed (per 911)

http://www.reflector.com/news/tafts-...aignment-31975
================================================================

This account makes sense to me. I think JW slipped in the unlocked door straight to the bedroom for possible jewelry....saw KT and acted impulsively.
He then quickly slipped out, likely in a panic over his sudden sick action.
D probably heard him running off the deck and steps and went to the door to investigate.

Hopefully to clear up rumors, here is a summary of what KT's daughter said to the media about what her aunt said happened:

1- D did not leave the house and go to a bar (she believes her, + that could be easily traced).
2- After a couple of beers (per SW), D fell asleep on the downstairs couch with the lights out (kT on same floor)
3- Sometime during the night, she thought she heard "footsteps". She got up in the dark room, turned on the outside lights, opened the door and called out to see if anyone was in the yard. She then closed and locked the door (supposedly for 1st time based on another account) and then checked on KT, who seemed to be "snoring" (same sound when she called 911 later). Then, at 3AM, she went upstairs to bed (per 911)

http://www.reflector.com/news/tafts-...aignment-31975
================================================================

This account makes sense to me. I think JW slipped in the unlocked door straight to the bedroom for possible jewelry....saw KT and acted impulsively.
He then quickly slipped out, likely in a panic over his sudden sick action.
D probably heard him running off the deck and steps and went to the door to investigate.

Good Morning JTF,
Do you know (when she checked on KT, who seemed to be "snoring"), she listened at the door and heard what sounded like snoring? Or did she enter the room?
Are you going to the hearing this afternoon?

Good Morning JTF,
Do you know (when she checked on KT, who seemed to be "snoring"), she listened at the door and heard what sounded like snoring? Or did she enter the room?
Are you going to the hearing this afternoon?

Morning ruben.
I went back and looked at the e-mail I received earlier and it had the same account..."she checked on Kathy". I would have to assume she opened the door to check and heard her, thinking she was 'snoring'. Since she said that she was making a noise like snoring to 911 later, makes sense.

I can't make it to the arraignment today. He will walk in shackled and in orange stripes. The judge will read the charges and he will be asked about an attorney. He may then ask for paperwork to get a public defender?

I lost track of the bi-weekly grand jury schedule (Monday and Tues).
The DA will be getting the official GJ indictment, perhaps this am if they are in session?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanDortmunder