NC - Keith Scott, 43, killed by LEO, Charlotte, 20 Sept 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems that Scott had two conditions that should have precluded him from possessing a gun...the first being a felon, the second being someone with a TBI who seems, according to his wife, to have some impaired judgment...so that while this is indeed a tragedy, it is not a tragedy that is entirely on the cops who NEVER KNOW when the guy wobbling around with a gun is an 'angel' or not...and even if they know he is impaired, are they supposed to lay their own lives on the line because of that fact? If his judgment is impaired he may fire at them for no reason at all, ie impaired reasoning?

Also once again the whole narrative 'It was a book' is again falling completely apart. But it will not be walked back, nope not ever.

How about looking into the sooo many illegal guns out there? Several times now the story has been that the guy who was shot carried his illegal gun for protection...how about delving into that aspect of society instead of the whole 'killer cop' scenario?

CMPD News ‏@CMPD [video=twitter;779114503610957825]https://twitter.com/CMPD/status/779114503610957825[/video]
One of three identified so far -- Daniel Baker is jailed on numerous charges in connection with damage and looting at Jimmy Johns.

I kind of think last night was good cause the folks the night before did not realize the extent that they would caught, via video

She sounds so authentcic guys - trying to tell him to come out, trying to expalin his siturion medically, you cant make that up - he was not even supposed to be messed with in the first place.

She watched her husband get shot to death

OK that is fair - the cheifs report about how their video does not really help is accurate. Isuppose at one level they could run a check (forget illigal purchase) to see if he bought a gun .

The cams are paid for by the public

taxpayers

if you pay to have your carpets shampooed and noone does it that a problem

we pay for them to serve, the reason for body cams is the climate , that the world has seen the last two years they need to release it

the new law is not effect, it BS

Any one have the tech ability to do some freeze frame -- its very dizzy video

Funny - the word "dizzy" was not a typo! That is the adjective that hit me as I watched it the first time. I kept anticpating that it would anseer something!!

You know what my ONLY question is right now? Which one and WHERE (location ) was the cop yelling to drop the gun? I cant tell if it was the one on the right of the truck.

Dont like cops - but I am fair!

If it was the cop on the right side that was right by the passenger window , there is no reason for the cop , fear in his voice etc, to be yelling drop the gun. At 4 feet he saw a gun IMO

HOWEVER if the cop that was yelling that from a distance, angle, could have confused something that was not really a gun, as a gun?

Also the "book" angle has vanished.

I am glad they released it tho, it is gonna force there hand, and the data IMO is pretty to easy to read between the lines.

No release - they know they cnt PROVE he had a gun and is now dead.

If the cop on the right in uniform , was wearing a body cam at 4 feet away , in the daylight, with the sunshine shining brightly, and there is not gun well..

His body was positioned to where IMO the cam would at least capture something about the guys "hands"

all specualtion , but anxious, the video was more upsetting than I anticpated, solely cause of her pleas

I am so glad to have you guys, folks that do follow the news, need a space , to "talk" about all the horrible stuff that goes on these days

TY all

She sounds so authentcic guys - trying to tell him to come out, trying to expalin his siturion medically, you cant make that up - he was not even supposed to be messed with in the first place.

She watched her husband get shot to death

I don't think she knew he had a gun. She sincerely IMO thought he would get out and everything would get cleared up. She starts sounding uncertain or maybe confused when he doesn't get out right away. OTOH the officers are much closer and all of them appear confident that he has a gun.

I still want to hear why these officers were approaching this man sitting in his truck in the first place. The wife had just been in the truck and went inside to get her phone charger and the attorney says she was gone about 3 minutes and came out to this. If he was sitting in a parked truck and they were there for someone else, why were they even speaking to him?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is wearing a mostly likely looted Hornets hat!

HA! I am thrilled they are getting arrested- was the tv worth it? THere young - how on (same with NY bomber) earth do you young tech kids NOT know you are on camera?

You are running around filming everything - how do you guys not know this? YOur gonna go set off bombs - wear a disguise - your gonna go break into places where a disguise . idiots.............moo

Glad you are with us Dockins, I know from personal experiance - it is truly is different (Pulse) when it is in your face. Totally different

Does not have to be long term - go see someone three -four sessions - I went back to my therapist - for five sessions during PUlse

do it it IS tauamatic

moo

Glad to see a change in the title of this thread. Thanks.

Waiting for the day "non-compliance" becomes a capital offense. Unless he was directly threatening police with that weapon, he did not deserve to die. None of them do. It's so old and so tiresome. Running away, sitting in your car at a traffic stop, walking slowly to your vehicle with your hands up, none of that "non-compliance" means you should get shot to death and yet it keeps happening.

Explain that.

post-15478-Nathan-Fillion-speechless-gif-QTlX.gif

Waiting for the day "non-compliance" becomes a capital offense. Unless he was directly threatening police with that weapon, he did not deserve to die. None of them do. It's so old and so tiresome. Running away, sitting in your car at a traffic stop, walking slowly to your vehicle with your hands up, none of that "non-compliance" means you should get shot to death and yet it keeps happening.

Explain that.

Not complying while holding a weapon is absolutely a valid reason for police to use deadly force, you don't have to point it at anyone.

If you think that standard is wrong imagine yourself in that situation, either as a police officer or as a private citizen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor