GUILTY NC - Kelly Morris, 28, Granville County, 3 Sept 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nope, things aren't looking too good at this point, imho. Found the below post at the wral website.

Interesting,

:(
fran

http://www.wral.com/golo/page/1896337/?id=3504284

Something just doesn't add up in this situation. I know first hand that they were having marital problems and that they had planned to put their house on the market earlier this year... Now, the house burnt down and she is missing?!?!? I hope they find her and get to the bottom of this!
daizy08

FWIW, I just received an email from Amanda Lamb on WRAL. She said that this case is not in her territory but WRAL will continue to cover this case.

fran

Weather inhibits search for missing Granville County mom

Stem, N.C. — The Granville County Sheriff's Office grounded the helicopter search for a missing Stem woman Wednesday due to poor flying conditions, a spokeswoman said.

The search for Kelly Morris continues on the ground and in bodies of water.

<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/3520514/

Here's a WRAL video report of this case. Another case where the husband, Scott, wouldn't see the media. Ehhh......sure...........his mom said he wasn't home.......:waitasec:

Where's Scott???? HIDING?!:eek:

JMHO
fran

Oh, PS.......IF you listen to the video, LE says Scott told them he and the children hadn't seen Kelly since Wednesday night. YET, we have a relative saying Scott said she went out to find the dog and didn't return. OH, and when he got to the scene of his burning house, the first thing he did was run to the neighbors to pick up his ehhhhhhh..... DOG!:bang:

SOMTHING stinks in Stem! ;)

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/3509760/

This is not looking good. I hope the searchers can get out tomorrow and find Kelly!

Sherriff: Team Not Giving Up On Search For Missing Woman

......................snip.........................

Wanda Hollis, Morris' mother, says she is holding on to hope that her daughter is okay.

"Kelly would not leave her girls; she would not leave her girls," Hollis said. Morris has two daughters who are staying with family as authorities are searching for their mother.

When asked if she has an instinct if her daughter is not alive. Hollis responded 'yes,' calling it a gut feeling.

Hollis said, "She would have called her mama."

Hollis spent part of Wednesday afternoon collecting belongings from her daughter's charred home. On Thursday, firefighters were called out to the burning house Morris shares with her husband and two children. A few hours later her abandoned car was found.

"This is where I feel like I'm near her," Hollis said. She worries the story about her daughter wondering these woods to look for her dog is simply untrue.

"Her and that dog. that dog and her were just right. The dog would not run from her."

<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.nbc17.com/midatlantic/ncn/news.apx.-content-articles-NCN-2008-09-10-0024.html

Sherriff: Team Not Giving Up On Search For Missing Woman

......................snip.........................

Wanda Hollis, Morris' mother, says she is holding on to hope that her daughter is okay.

"Kelly would not leave her girls; she would not leave her girls," Hollis said. Morris has two daughters who are staying with family as authorities are searching for their mother.

When asked if she has an instinct if her daughter is not alive. Hollis responded 'yes,' calling it a gut feeling.

Hollis said, "She would have called her mama."

Hollis spent part of Wednesday afternoon collecting belongings from her daughter's charred home. On Thursday, firefighters were called out to the burning house Morris shares with her husband and two children. A few hours later her abandoned car was found.

"This is where I feel like I'm near her," Hollis said. She worries the story about her daughter wondering these woods to look for her dog is simply untrue.

"Her and that dog. that dog and her were just right. The dog would not run from her."

<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.nbc17.com/midatlantic/ncn/news.apx.-content-articles-NCN-2008-09-10-0024.html

I don't understand...is the dog also missing?

I don't understand...is the dog also missing?

Oh, no. You see the story starts out that like this.

The house is on fire and the fire dept is on the scene fighting it for quite some time. It was fully involved by the time they arrived.

While the house was on fire, the husband runs to the neighbors to retrieve his family dog. During this exchange, the neighbor asks Scott if Kelly (wife) knows about this. He tells the neighbor that he'd been trying to contact her.
Shortly after, the wife's car was found in an undeveloped subdivision. Keys, purse and cell phone are in the car, no Kelly.

Then we start hearing that Kelly had not been seen since Wednesday, yet the fire didn't happen until Thursday afternoon. Oh, and Kelly never showed up for her job at an insurance company. Scott was allegedly at work when the fire broke out, he owns a towing service. The children were in school.

Anyway, NOW we hear from relatives, that Kelly went to find the dog and never returned. That's Scott's story to them. YET, she was allegedly missing since Wednesday night. Oh, and the first thing after he arrives at the fire scene the husband goes to the neighbors and gets the dog.

There's rumors there was trouble in the marriage. Also, they may have been planning a divorce, including selling the house.

The husband and kids are staying at his parents. He talked to LE. He's refused media interviews, HIDING behind his employees and his mom.

What do you think?

fran

PS....Oh, yeah, arson is suspected in the house fire. :rolleyes: Surprise! NOT.

Not sure what to think here. If Kelly had been found in the home, my HINKY meter would be WAAAAAAAAAAAAAy up! But, under the circumstances, I'm going to withhold my OP. Hoping and praying that Kelly is found safe and sound. We shall see....

FWIW, the husband's story doesn't make any sense. But that's just me. ;)

IF his wife disappeared Wednesday night while looking for the dog, why didn't he report her missing Wednesday night?

IF his wife disappeared while looking for the dog on Wednesday night, why did he immediately go to the neighbor's house to 'get the dog' on Thursday? I mean, I thought the dog was missing along with his wife?

They found the wife's car in an unfinished subdivision a mile away with her cell phone, purse, and the keys in the ignition. She took off without her purse?

The fire is 'suspcious.' It's being investigated as a possible arson.

The wife's 'remains' were NOT located on the scene of the arson..........but,.......what was burned? evidence?

FWIW, I do NOT like what I'm reading.

Just thinkin',
fran

Father: daughter would never leave her children

STEM, NC -- Last Wednesday night was the last time family and friends heard from Kelly Currin Morris.

Friday they trampled through thick brush and dense farmland in Granville County looking for any sign of the missing mother.
Pat Currin, Morris' father said his daughter is a devoted mother and never far from her two daughters.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=6379277

Thi is getting more and more stinky by the minute!!!!

From the bolded parts in the second portion of the article, I would say there's MUCH more to this story and it is looking pretty girm.

fran

Mother has ‘gut feeling’ Kelly Morris is dead

STEM – The mother of a 28-year-old southern Granville County woman who has been missing for a week says she believes her daughter is dead.
“My gut feeling” is she is not alive, Wanda Hollis said when asked about Kelly Currin Morris on a drizzling Wednesday afternoon, moments after walking around her daughter’s burned residence at 3220 Tump Wilkins Road.

.................snip..........................

A cellular phone, keys and a purse additionally were found. Hollis, when asked why she believed her daughter has vanished, replied, “I just — I can’t say.”

Hollis, when asked how she deals with seeing the burned house, replied, “It was hard at first, but it’s been hard to cope with things for the last year, too.” Hollis declined to be more specific about what she meant by the latter part of her statement.
Hollis did express confidence in investigators and additionally praised those who have tried to locate her daughter.
She said that her daugh*ter, a graduate of South Granville High School in Creedmoor, had overseen senior citizen apartments in Butner and had just gotten a job with Nationwide Insurance in Raleigh.

<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.hendersondispatch.com/ee...ex=01&pageToLoad=showFreeArticle.php&type=art

Oh my gosh - it does sound like a lot more to this story will be coming out. Next well find out he's been having an affair and they were planning to divorce. Same ole' same ole' with the murdering men!!!!

Isn't it funny how moms always know the real story? I mean Linda Fisher knew things were not right with Michelle and Jason even though Michelle tried to make it look like everything was perfect. Moms always know........

Oh my gosh - it does sound like a lot more to this story will be coming out. Next well find out he's been having an affair and they were planning to divorce. Same ole' same ole' with the murdering men!!!!

Isn't it funny how moms always know the real story? I mean Linda Fisher knew things were not right with Michelle and Jason even though Michelle tried to make it look like everything was perfect. Moms always know........

Before my oldest daughter's divorce, I knew about her marital problems for about a year before everything hit the fan. Often times grown daughters will discuss things that, when they were teenagers they may not have. Like, how to make things work. (ie., how to fix it)

Funny you mention affair. I hadn't thought of that until a while ago when I was reviewing some of the articles. I've seen THREE mentions by media that the 'husband wasn't available for comment.' It's actually in various forms of that but by the THIRD instance, it's OBVIOUS that he's 'avoiding' the media. Why? Hiding? ala Scott Peterson?

I don't know if it's true, but I understand one of the children was her's from a previous relationship and that child is with their bio dad.

Scott the husband is staying with his parent(s). (I know his mom).

Kelly was working two jobs. When she got her new job at the insurance company, she kept her previous job, I believe on a PT basis. I think she'd been working at an assisted care facility or apts.

I think when the WHOLE story comes out, we're going to find, like you said, "same ole."

Did you realize that NC has the 9th highest murder rate of women? Wow! That's scary. :eek:

I believe I read that they're planning on continuing the search into the weekend if need be. I hope they bring this to the public's attention so they could get lots of volunteers. I understand the rain is hampering the search, though.

These cases keep piling one on top of the other.
fran

PS...Oh, about a 'divorce,' I've read from various local sources, that was the case! It was even said by one person that they'd planned on 'selling the house.' fran

Did you realize that NC has the 9th highest murder rate of women? Wow! That's scary. :eek:

fran, can you point me to a source for this? I know I'll end up repeating it and someone will want me to prove it. :crazy:

fran, can you point me to a source for this? I know I'll end up repeating it and someone will want me to prove it. :crazy:

Sure!

http://www.ncwanted.com/ncwanted_home/story/3446184/

The U.S. Department of Justice reports that nearly a quarter of all murder victims nationwide are women – many of them mothers, and many of them killed by men they knew.

North Carolina's murder rate for women ranks ninth in the U.S, according to the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence, and the majority of those victims were killed by an intimate partner.

Hi all,
I have great memories of spending time with the family (took tap, Jazz, and ballet class with Wanda and babysat some when I was much much younger). However, I haven't been in contact for *YEARS*. i did make a call to let them know my family was thinking about theirs.

Some disclosure about myself (my experiences). All my sisters were considerably older (8+) so I had several "mothers" growing up <g>.
The youngest of them has been missing for 25 years. (in retrospect, my sister's case has very simular touchpoints as Kelly, but thankfully my sister had no children when she disappeared) She was born and raised in Granville Co, disappeared in the same general area (car found in Durham and pocketbook with various things found in bushes). Nothing really new in years .. so I know and understand the touchy areas of having the habit of not going in to too much speculation publicly, wither because of fear, or not having the evidence to make such statements and so forth, so personaly I don't tend to talk about sister's case much publicly.
(btw -here in, I'm emphasising a theory in bold because I tend to babble - sorry in advance.)

Anyway, my oldest dd and I were discussing Kelly's case and she mentioned dog behavior and such and I wonder if Kelly's dog disappeared (to be claimed later) because something happened to cause the dog to react and leave.. to be at neighbors the next morning.

Example, one of our family member's dog is completely loyal and doesn't roam except when she feels abandoned (like if her owner is away from the house) and we have a strong storm with loud thunder, or we have to be careful setting off any fireworks with her.
Dogs don't just react for no reason (clear as mud?)
Anyway, with the comment from her mom http://www.nbc17.com/midatlantic/ncn/search.apx.-content-articles-NCN-2008-09-10-0024.html

Just speculating of curse.
Tracy

Welcome moonedreamer and first let me say that I'm sorry for your loss of your sister.

The dog has me stumped for sure. The comments from the neighbor, Scott and Kelly's mom just don't gel. If the dog got out Thur morning and Kelly called hubby to keep a look out then fine but it has been written that she was last seen on Wednesday night. So how did he know about the dog? If the dog escaped from the house after the house was on fire and Scott just happened to see it inthe neighbors yard, possibly? Who knows at this point.

Statements from the mom makes me think there was trouble a brewin' for a while and the couple was at least considering selling the house. While that screams divorce to me it may not to others. Unfortunately I'vbe been around the boards long enough to see the same scenario play out time and time again. Usually there a a few twists and turns but the story line is always the same.

At any rate if she has not been found by this weekend, I plan to volunteer to search on Saturday and Sunday if I'm needed.

I will keep you and your family as well as Kelly's family in my prayers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mygalacticmother
Back