Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1217066.html

Woman still missing after fire at home

..................snip.................

Morris' husband, William Scott Morris, told law enforcement he was at work at the time of the fire, Smith said. He works part-time at a BP station in Creedmoor and runs Scott's Towing, Smith said.

Since then, William Scott Morris has been talking to police, Smith said, adding, "I'll just leave it at that." No suspects have been named, Smith said.

"Right now, everybody is a suspect because our main thing is trying to locate Kelly," Smith said.

Her car was found Thursday a mile from her home with her purse and other personal items inside, and it was locked, Smith said.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=6389684
Saturday, September 13, 2008 | 7:03 PM

Authorities call husband person of interest
RANVILLE (WTVD) -- New developments in the search for the missing Granville mother. Kelly Currin Morris, 28, went missing from her home the same day it was burned down. A massive search to find her is still underway.
More than a 120 volunteers and search team members spent Saturday looking for Morris.
The mother of two disappeared from her home last week --someone set her home on fire the same day.
Kelly Morris
icon_wtvd_byline.gif
By Sheyenne Rodriguez
GRANVILLE (WTVD) -- New developments in the search for the missing Granville mother.
Kelly Currin Morris, 28, went missing from her home the same day it was burned down. A massive search to find her is still underway.
More than a 120 volunteers and search team members spent Saturday looking for Morris.
The mother of two disappeared from her home last week --someone set her home on fire the same day.
Story continues below
Advertisement

After a week of questions the sheriff has named her husband, Scott Morris, as a person of interest.
"The rescue is covering city streets, its covering dirt roads, it's covering trails and paths," Gus Gillespie with Granville County said.
Officials stepped up today's search with four K-9 units.
"There's also a full scale ATV, horseback, and foot search. The original plan was a two mile radius of Ms. Morris' home and that will probably extend a little passed two miles to a 2-3 mile radius today," Gillespie said.
"From the moment I heard what was going on, I knew I needed to be wherever they needed me," volunteer Cathy Sebastian said.
"I went to school with Kelly and we live right down Tump Wilkins road so it was very close to home," volunteer Ginger Dunn added.
Many of the volunteers are searching for the first time, but even the sheriff admits the future gets dimmer with each passing day.
Morris' car was found last week less than a mile from her home --her purse, keys, and cell phone locked inside.
"If something has happened to her, just to be able to find her to give the family some peace, that would be the main thing," Dunn said.
"I'm pretty sure we'll find her. If we keep looking we'll find her. I hope she's alright and I hope she's alive but I don't think she is," volunteer Michael Dunn said.
Volunteers say they will continue searching around Morris' home into the night and that's also when Sheriff's Officials are going to determine whether they'll resume the search tomorrow.

I'm :confused: Either this article is incorrect in that there 'are no suspects,' or the earlier article was incorrect in that 'Authorities call husband person of interest'

fran

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3542531/

Authorities call off search for missing Granville mother

Stem, N.C. — The Granville County Sheriff's Office has called off its search for a missing woman, but volunteers said they would continue to look for 28-year-old Kelly Morris.

<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>

If her car was within a mile of her home you can bet that she isn't that far away. Maybe in the opposite directon of her car to throw the search off.

There is a guy named Michael White who murdered his wife in their home in Canada a few years ago. He took her car, etc and left it about a mile or so from their home. He took her body in the opposite direction and left it laying out by a field by a ditch I believe. This creep lead a search party of his relatives and of course they were the ones that found his wife's body! I believe his wife's name is Leanne but spelled differently.

I hope that Kelly is found soon for the sake of her family. Those poor little girls have to grow up without their mom and the one will be without her dad too. I have no doubt that the husband is the guilty party. A fight the night she probably died...marriage on the rocks...if she got a divorce he would have had to buy out her half of the business and maybe he didn't have the money for that. I guess murder sounded better to him then a divorce.

There is this part of me that hopes she just left for safety reasons, but I don't know any woman who would leave her children.

The sad fact is, we have seen a lot of this lately. The worse the economy gets, the more it will be seen. People freak out.

I hope they find her soon.

I'm :confused: Either this article is incorrect in that there 'are no suspects,' or the earlier article was incorrect in that 'Authorities call husband person of interest'
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3542531/

Person of interest isn't (technically) the same as a suspect.
http://definitions.uslegal.com/p/person-of-interest/

"Unlike "suspect" and "material witness," "person of interest" has no legal definition, but generally refers to someone law enforcement authorities would like to speak with or investigate further in connection with a crime. It may be used, rather than calling the person a suspect, when they don't want their prime suspect to know they're watching him closely. Critics complain that the term has become a method for law enforcement officers to draw attention to individuals without formally accusing them."

The sad fact is simply this, if no body is found, and no evidence that a crime had been committed against her is discovered (such as large amounts of blood no one could survive from), I seriously doubt there will ever be a suspect named.

Husband of missing Stem woman now 'of interest'

From staff reports
The Herald-Sun
Sep 15, 2008

STEM -- The husband of a missing 28-year-old southern Granville County woman has been named a "person of interest" in her disappearance and a fire at the couple's house.

Granville County Sheriff David T. Smith said Sunday that the investigation into the death of Kelly Currin Morris, missing for more than a week, is ongoing.

"We'll regroup tomorrow and see what direction we go from here," Smith said.

Granville County officials would not say Sunday night whether they had spoken with her husband, Scott Morris, since naming him a person of interest in the case.

Arson has been ruled the cause of a fire at the Morris house on Tump Wilkins Road, southeast of Stem.

Morris' car was later found abandoned about a mile away in a future subdivision. A cellular phone, keys and a purse were found.

Granville County officials said Sunday that the search for Kelly Morris is continuing.

This is an eye-opener "Death" is now mentioned by the LE. They indeed know more than they have been telling us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, LE must have something to refer to Kelly's 'death.' Either that or this news agency misspoke.

I haven't seen anything else new about this case so far today. I hope something breaks soon.

I hate to see this keep happening. :(

fran

I hope people are remembering to keep a look out for anything strange on their personal time as well (since you never know where she could be).

We went out on Falls lake Sunday for most of the day and we tend to ride up to the dam, and of course we had our eyes peeled for anything unusual .

It seemed to be a tournament going on because there was a *lot* of fishing boats, and the sailboaters were taking advantage of the winds.

Wow! Thanks for the link.

This is looking more ominous as the days go by. IMHO, it's pretty obvious what happened to Kelly. :(

So, he told her he could throw her in a well and no one would ever find her.

Rumors that he's involved in a previous death in 2000.

They were recently separated and had gotten back together.

Kelly had appeared 'sad' the past month or so.

The husband's story has changed about WHEN Kelly went missing.

The husband had NOT assisted, AT ALL in the search for his wife.

The husband refuses media interviews.

The home fire has been declared 'arson.'

The husband is now a POI.

This just makes me so angry! What is with this guys. Whatever happened to 'divorce?':mad:

JMHO
fran

PS....Looks like they may need to bring in a team of cadavar dogs and search for some of those 'hidden wells.'

PPS....Hope WRAL investigates this and finds out about this 'previous death' Scott is alleged to be involved with....fran

You would think that if you murdered your wife and tried to stage the scene then you would at least pretend to be concerned and participate in the search for her. Doesn't he realize that by not helping it is drawing more attention to him?

http://www.nbc17.com/midatlantic/ncn/news.apx.-content-articles-NCN-2008-09-13-0007.html

Volunteers Continue To Search For Missing Granville Woman

STEM, N.C. -- Nearly 40 volunteers continued to search for a missing Granville woman Sunday afternoon.

Authorities called off the search for Kelly Corrin Morris' on Saturday, but volunteers continued to search Sunday afternoon. Officials searched Morris’ home thoroughly, but no clues were found during their search.

<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>

Hey Fran,

Nice to see that you are keeping the links updated. It is just so sad. Last I knew the Official search is over but volunteers are still going to keep looking. Sadly I didn't get any contact info from Sat so I don't know who to call now to volunteer again if I need to. I suppose I can still contact the sheriffs department and they can forward me to some one else. I can tell you that it has been an unorganized search on some days. People being told to meet a one time at one place and then others instructed to go elsewhere a half hour later. Maybe there was a method to the madness but it sure didn't seem that way. LOL

Some very interesting info in the link from SewingDeb indeed!!! So he's flipped his story from she went looking for the dog Wed nite and never returned, to she took the girls to school on Thurs morning and then disappeared. Sounds like a bunch of hooey to me. I would love to know what this other "previousa death" in 2000 is all about too. I'm telling you my Hinky Meter is rising as each story unfolds and each day passes.

Can someone contact me through PM on here if there is anything organized coming up? I live in North Raleigh, and am willing to help out if I am needed!

**Edit: Spoke with the Granville County Sheriff's office, and got a number for Pat ****** and left a message. If anyone else needs the number, PM me and I can send it!

Thanks, SD! For those who didn't know or don't catch my name on the side of that site linked above, True Crime Report is my crime blog now. It's published by Village Voice Media, the company that owns the Voice, LA Weekly, and 16 other weekly newspapers nationwide. So I'm making a living crime-blogging at the moment.

Kelly Morris's disappearance reminds me of so many other cases like this. We all pretty much know how it ends, but we can't help but be appalled each time it happens.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elementpro
Back