GUILTY NC - Kelly Morris, 28, Granville County, 3 Sept 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've been a lurker for years but this case has lured me in to post. Good to see so many NC folks here. I'm in Granville Co.and crazy me drove by that house. I have a picture of Kelly and Scott that was sent to be by email. I don't know how to get it on here. Any body willing to help? Thanks. I love this place

I've been a lurker for years but this case has lured me in to post. Good to see so many NC folks here. I'm in Granville Co.and crazy me drove by that house. I have a picture of Kelly and Scott that was sent to be by email. I don't know how to get it on here. Any body willing to help? Thanks. I love this place

Welcome GrayRock. If you'd like you can pm the picture to me and I will post it for you.

This is the pic that GrayRock wanted me to post.
l_9a93661c5c4333bc0d008340055796af.jpg

What makes you say that, instead of it looks like the father is telling the truth and Scott is lying?

Page 4 - Beginning at In an interview with Jimmy Morris all the way to the paragraph begnning Contrary to Jimmy's statement regarding times. I took this to mean that Jimmy told the investigator Scott was only gone about 45 minutes when he actually waas gone quite a bit longer - as if dad was trying to help him out. Maybe I misinterpreted it when I read it through the first time. I'm at work and I'm supposed to be working LOL so I'm sneaking a peak here and there.

Oh and I have no doubt that Scott is lying. I just think dad is trying to be "helpful" - like I said I need to read again but that was my initial impression.

Page 4 - Beginning at In an interview with Jimmy Morris all the way to the paragraph begnning Contrary to Jimmy's statement regarding times. I took this to mean that Jimmy told the investigator Scott was only gone about 45 minutes when he actually waas gone quite a bit longer - as if dad was trying to help him out. Maybe I misinterpreted it when I read it through the first time. I'm at work and I'm supposed to be working LOL so I'm sneaking a peak here and there.

Oh and I have no doubt that Scott is lying. I just think dad is trying to be "helpful" - like I said I need to read again but that was my initial impression.

No doubt here, either, about Scott. And for once, everyone on GOLO agrees!!!

No doubt here, either, about Scott. And for once, everyone on GOLO agrees!!!

"THUD"

No one defending the framed guy ? Holy cow.

TSG - this kind of reminds me when Rowan Ford went missing, and step father called his Mom to borrow her truck. Step granny came and never once checked on the little girl who was suppose to be in her bedroom asleep. Even worse, step dad had no licence and was drunk but she still loaned him her truck which he promptly used to dispose of the little girl's body. Family members do really strange things sometimes, including telling stories.

Adding a couple of links and some of the text for fellow SLOW uploading dial up users.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/state&id=6414566
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3612137/

Granville County authorities have said Scott Morris is a person of interest in his wife's disappearance, and the warrant details his account of what he did in the hours after he last saw his wife and what others recall.

According to the search warrant affidavit, investigators said Scott Morris last saw his wife at around 9:30 p.m. Sept. 3 when she went to look for a lost dog.

He told investigators he then took a shower and went to sleep in a room other than the couple's bedroom, because he did not want to be awakened and slept through the night, according to the affidavit.

Friends and family members said the couple was having marital problems and slept in separate rooms.

But James Morris, Scott Morris' father, told investigators that his son called him around 10 p.m. and asked him to watch the couple's children while he went to search for his wife.

Scott Morris never mentioned to his father a missing dog but said he believed his wife was cheating on him, investigators said.

Cell phone records indicate Scott Morris called his parents at 9:45 p.m. that night, received a call from his father's work cell phone at 10:59 p.m., and made a call to his father at 11:56 p.m., according to the warrant.

The search warrant also claims Scott Morris, a mechanic, might have changed an appointment the morning of the fire with a tow truck driver wanting to pick up a vehicle in a storage lot.

That driver, identified as Tim Rice, claimed Scott Morris called him at 5:45 a.m. wanting to change the appointment to 8 a.m. – Scott Morris told investigators Rice called him that morning wanting to meet but that he couldn't until then.

Rice told investigators that Scott Morris arrived at the storage lot between 8:05 and 8:15 a.m., stayed two or three minutes and asked Rice to lock the gate. Video surveillance footage shows Scott Morris leaving the vicinity of the storage lot at 8:14 a.m.

Scott Morris said that he went straight to a Hardee's restaurant on West Lyon Station Road in Butner immediately after leaving the storage lot, according to his affidavit.

Footage from a Shell gas station near the Hardee's shows what appears to be Scott Morris' Geo Tracker approaching from the direction of his home, not the storage lot, at 9:09 a.m., according to the search warrant.

The warrant says that Hardee's video surveillance cameras show him entering the restaurant at 9:10 a.m. and leaving five minutes later in the direction of his home.

A 911 caller reported the fire at the Morris' home at 11:19 a.m. When firefighters arrived, the family dogs were outside, according to the search warrant. One of the Morris' children told investigators the dogs were locked in their crates when their father took them to school that morning.

Do you think her body was in that car at the storage facility? He had presence of mind to call the driver to move pickup time back.Maybe it was taken to junkyard or something. I had thought there was so much blood he had to burn the house. But his Dad was there and didn't see anything. He must not be as nosey and snoopy as me. At least he did not leave those girls alone(as far as we know) and he turned the dogs out before the fire.

Greyrock wrote;
Do you think her body was in that car at the storage facility? He had presence of mind to call the driver to move pickup time back.Maybe it was taken to junkyard or something.
I don't know.
I'm trying to understand how the towers work in Buter and Creedmoor (if there is one for each city), as I know the area can have roaming spots on my cell, so I'll have to look and see if I can find that.

I'm sure it was important to the investigators, since the Creedmoor tower was indicated in the warrant (when mentioning the the incoming call from his dad at 10:59, but not in the call from Scott to his dad at 11:56)

I'm trying to understand how the towers work in Buter and Creedmoor (if there is one for each city), as I know the area can have roaming spots on my cell, so I'll have to look and see if I can find that.

I'm sure it was important to the investigators, since the Creedmoor tower was indicated in the warrant (when mentioning the the incoming call from his dad at 10:59, but not in the call from Scott to his dad at 11:56)

Ok according to this site:
http://find.mapmuse.com/re1/directory.php?brandID=CELL_TOWERS&s=NC

There is a tower in Butner (ALLTEL Communications, Inc.)
http://find.mapmuse.com/re1/directory.php?brandID=CELL_TOWERS&s=NC&c=Butner
One in Creedmoor (USCOC OF NORTH CAROLINA RSA #7, INC.)
http://find.mapmuse.com/re1/directory.php?brandID=CELL_TOWERS&s=NC&c=CREEDMOOR
But I don't see one for Stem, so I *think* they (the Stem area) would be utilizing the Butner tower also..

Anyway records indicate he was near the Creedmoor area at 10:59 when his dad called (and as I understand it, the storage is in Butner). Of course after that call he had about another hour (11:59) til the next verifyable call (him calling his dad) where it seems he was back around the Butner tower (heading back to Stem).

You are right moonedreamer and I know I read somewhere that there is a lot of hunting land and a lot of water in Granville county, Creedmore area included....she could be anywhere. I saw for myself how rural the area is when I was there.

Agreed Topsail Girl ..
In less then an hour someone could easily travel to LOTS of places besides the fore mentioned cities of Creedmoor, Butner, and Stem.
I certainly wouldn't count out any backwoods areas like Bahama, Rougemont and Durham.

IMHO, if I were searching this, I think I would look at areas within a 1/2 hour drive from Butner. Especially the wooded areas and State Parks and such. Anything that can be accessed within 1/2 hour. I think it's probably less, like 20 minutes, but 30 to be certain.

It seemed that a couple of times he was gone for an hour. 20 min. to somewhere, 20 minutes to do whatever, 20 minutes to return to Butner area, serviced by Creedmoor tower.

Just a guess.

I hope they can find Kelly. I just know that guy Scott did something to her. :(

Makes me sick, all these beautiful young women, mom's, wives...........erased......

What a shame, :(
fran

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deborah_Swell