Found Deceased NC - Kristen Ashley Bennett, 24, Carteret County, 14 Aug 2018 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Detectives and a county medical examiner processed the scene and collected the remains the same day. The remains are unable to be identified as of right now and investigators are unable to say if the skeleton is a male or female.

Detectives have made contact with both the families of Kristen Bennett and Linwood Sanders who are currently the only two people missing from Carteret County.

Carteret County skeletal remains could belong to Kristen Bennett

Ohhhh what I would give to see the look on that 's face when he hears that a body has been found in the woods by a hunter. I guess the earliest we'll hear any news will be tomorrow after the autopsy??

If this is Kristen, I have questions about why there?
A: Wooded area between Winsett Lane and Peletier Loop Road
B: Kristen's home
QMBGklt.jpg

30c0bd19-9087-48e1-92b1-9f305c2cb0bc-large16x9_KristenBennettCarteretCountySheriffsOfficephotos.jpg

NEWPORT, Carteret County —

Some members of the Newport community plan a search Saturday morning for a woman who has been missing since August.

Kristen Bennett, 24, was last seen in August. Police have charged her then boyfriend, Lewis Victor "Trey" Branche III, but her remains have never been found. Many of the Newport community members are starting to grow concerned that her case might be going a little bit under the radar. So what they are trying to do now is form a search group to search for her.

Saturday, they'll start searching again, this time in the Croatan Forest.

"We don't know what the outcome is going to be but our goal is to find some more stuff," said James McNamara, who is spearheading this effort. "That way, it's not that Kristen Bennett has been forgotten.

Read more: Search continues for woman missing since last August

On Tuesday morning, officials received and acted on information that led them to the area of Point Road and Morris Hill Lane in Mill Creek on property owned by Branche’s family, deputies said.

Investigators said they dug up the remains of a white female wrapped in a tarp.

Items located on the body were consistent with those reported by her family, according to officials.

Body found in search for missing NC mom, deputies say

On Tuesday morning, officials received and acted on information that led them to the area of Point Road and Morris Hill Lane in Mill Creek on property owned by Branche’s family,[/B] deputies said.

Investigators said they dug up the remains of a white female wrapped in a tarp.

Items located on the body were consistent with those reported by her family, according to officials.

Body found in search for missing NC mom, deputies say
I wonder who finally talked?
Bbm

I am actually from Newport and it has been going around for at least a couple of months now that she was buried somewhere on that property. I guess they finally got things in order and were able to go there and search and thankfully found her. Her dad made a post thanking the police and everyone involved for finding his daughter so it would seem they have confirmed to him at least that it is her. Just haven't made an 'official' announcement that is definitely her yet.

I am heartboken it took his long to recover her body, but relieved for her father that he can begin healing and getting justice for Kristen.

I'm wondering now if Branche confessed or what.

It was rumored that he was captured on a deer surveillance camera moving the body. If that’s true, it would make sense for him to agree to a plea. Plus I believe they did find plenty of evidence in their home and his car. Moo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iris June
Back