NC NC - Kyle Fleischmann, 24, Charlotte, 9 Nov 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the first post I read on this stated it was before Christmas...so before Meredith ever went missing. I can't find that post now, but I will keep looking...so don't quote me on this! It isn't verified yet.

Since the article doesn't seem to take a big issue with the gunshots (ie: failing to report if it was investigated for possible criminal intent, or anything of an untoward nature), I'm thinking they got caught up in hunting cross-fire.

From Q & A w/ Mr. Fleischmann dated 2/04/08:

On Nov. 9, Kyle Fleischmann vanished after an evening with friends in uptown Charlotte. Hundreds of people spent weeks looking for the 24-year-old; the search got some national coverage. Kyle is still missing. Staff writer Jennifer Rothacker spoke with his father, Richard Fleischmann.

Q. Any new development ?
Just a couple of leads through Crime Stoppers that (police) are investigating. Two of them more than scratch the surface and might have some answers.

Q. What are the leads?
I really can't (say). The police don't want anything to get in their way.

Q. You've said before that you believe Kyle is deceased. Do you still?
I do. No doubt in mind.

Q. Why?
I can't believe he's alive. He would be in communication with us.

Q. Do you have any theories on what happened?
One theory is he was walking down the street, well dressed, and it's possible a group of people wanted money or his ATM card. He didn't have either. Another theory: He got into the wrong cab.

Q. Do you think his case will be solved?
The more time (that goes by), the harder it is. If somebody did see something, they now have had more time to cover the evidence.

Q. Are you still actively searching?
We were just out in First Ward. It's an area where we all searched, but this person called in (to Crime Stoppers) and said to look in a different location. The private investigator was out there for seven hours recently and came up with nothing.

Q. Do you still have lots of volunteer searchers?
It's dying down. We want to keep it to the professionals. During a search about a month and a half ago, the (volunteer) searchers got in the middle of a gang shooting.

More at link:
http://www.charlotte.com/local/story/477201.html

I didn't realize Mrs. Fleischmann has cancer and is undergoing chemo. It's more difficult to imagine Kyle alive, knowing his mom is so sick, and his not making an effort to contact her. :(

Wasn't there discussion of a person who was running a "fake" taxi cab in order to rob people or worse?

But remember, Kyle didn't have any cash nor a debit card....why would he hail a taxi if he didn't have a way to pay for one?

Maybe he assumed wherever he was trying to get, someone there would pay for it? Ive did that before

But remember, Kyle didn't have any cash nor a debit card....why would he hail a taxi if he didn't have a way to pay for one?
He may not have realized until he was already in a taxi he didn't have his debit card. Then again, he could have thought he would borrow the money to pay the driver when he got to his destination. (Right, Soonerbabe!)

Anything is possible. I saw an interview that Kyle's dad gave several weeks ago and he says that he knows Kyle got into some sort of vehicle, he just didn't know if it was voluntary or not. I just hope that one day we know....the family needs answers. It's the not knowing that has to kill them the most.

Bumping for Kyle. Please let there be some answers soon. This case really breaks my heart.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adharkness68