NC NC - Kyle Fleischmann, 24, Charlotte, 9 Nov 2007 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't there discussion of a person who was running a "fake" taxi cab in order to rob people or worse?

There were stories in the Athens Banner-Herald (Athens, Ga.) about a man posing as a taxi driver picking up college girls from downtown bars last fall and assaulting them. I believe he drove a white van, but police did not think it was Hilton. I'll try to find the link.

http://www.onlineathens.com/stories/100307/news_20071003071.shtml

"Two women report abductions; victims tell police man posed as taxi driver; one says he raped her. The women were abducted on back-to-back nights the weekend of the Sept. 8 football game between UGA and the University of South Carolina."

http://www.onlineathens.com/stories/111707/news_20071117085.shtml

"Police described the man as white, in his 20's, and driving a large, late-model white passenger van with a grey interior and rows of seats. He told one of his victims his name was 'Brad', police said, and wore a baseball cap during both assaults."

I just listened to a rather lengthy interview that Kyle's dad gave in Charlotte today. He mentioned that, in addition to the calls that we all know about, there were 4 calls to the dad's office in the early morning hours when Kyle disappeared. I will try to post the link so you can listen. What a heart-wrenching interview.

Thank you for the link LittleRNB......

Very good interview, with quite a bit more info that I had not heard before. It was a very heartwrenching interview though. One thing that sure is right though is that someone somewhere knows something!!!

I also had not heard about the call from the elderly lady on Nov 13th that couldnt be traced.....She said she had seen that boy, she had seen that boy......and they couldnt trace it and she hasnt called back......hmmmm...at that time of morning, how would she have seen him, I wonder?

I also had not heard about him going to or being seen at the Pizza place across from Holiday Inn. I think the name they said was something like Fuel Pizza or Fu something....

Kel

I am not sure what happened, but it seems like it probably was some sort of attempted robbery or something to the sort.

I moved this thread to missing/located discussion. It was in the Missing Support/Info section.

Trying to stay organized :D

I can't believe he's already been missing 4 months.
Prayers for Kyle, his family and friends.

Bumping for Kyle. We are approaching the 4 month mark and no word on where Kyle may be......

Heres a bit more of an update:

http://news14.com/content/top_stories/593126/man-finds-human-skull-in-wooded-area/Default.aspx

snip...

Police examining the area found some clothing near the skull. They think the remains have been there for nearly two years but will have to investigate to be sure.

Also, officials confirm that there was a hospital bracelet found on the wrist of the skeleton, and police have a preliminary identification on the remains, but are not releasing it until next of kin have been notified.

...snip

Thanks for that quick update! The nurse in me cringes about the hospital bracelet, though.
So the wait continues for the Fleischmann's.
Prayers for Kyle!

As Kyle Fleischmann's family continues to seek information about his disappearance, new details have emerged about what happened the night the 24-year-old Elon College graduate vanished from uptown.

Fleischmann, who'd been at the Buckhead Saloon until it closed the morning of Nov. 9, was seen inside a Fuel Pizza a short time later. Fleischmann's father, Richard, and Joe Paonessa, a private investigator Fleischmann hired, got the tip last week while combing the center city for clues about his son's disappearance.

Workers inside the restaurant told Paonessa that Kyle Fleischmann was in the restaurant before it closed about 3 a.m., they said. "It's unknown if he was alone or with anyone," Paonessa said Sunday. "We are checking into that."

More at link:
http://www.charlotte.com/local/story/519621.html

Bumping for Kyle. Today marks the 4th month since he vanished. I can only imagine what his poor family continues to endure.

Did anyone have an update of the ID of the remains with the hospital bracelet?

Does anyone know why Kyle left the bar by himself in the first place? I thought he went out with a group of friends..

Hi All! I am a new member but have been reading on your forums for a long time.

I am in NC and have been following Kyle's disappearance intently. He left the bar alone and went to Fuel Pizza alone. There have been no reports of him being seen with anyone after leaving the Buckhead Saloon.

As Kyle Fleischmann's family continues to seek information about his disappearance, new details have emerged about what happened the night the 24-year-old Elon College graduate vanished from uptown.

Fleischmann, who'd been at the Buckhead Saloon until it closed the morning of Nov. 9, was seen inside a Fuel Pizza a short time later. Fleischmann's father, Richard, and Joe Paonessa, a private investigator Fleischmann hired, got the tip last week while combing the center city for clues about his son's disappearance.

Workers inside the restaurant told Paonessa that Kyle Fleischmann was in the restaurant before it closed about 3 a.m., they said. "It's unknown if he was alone or with anyone," Paonessa said Sunday. "We are checking into that."

More at link:
http://www.charlotte.com/local/story/519621.html
Does anyone know the specifics about the sighting in the pizza place? I thought I read that the sighting could not be corroberated. Also someone should be able to say if he was talking to anyone there, ate anything, etc.. Also- I know his debit card was in his jacket, but was he known to carry cash in his pocket or a moneyclip? That might shed some light on the phone calls. As in if he had cash to hail a cab, then the calls might be more about something else, and I find the order of the calls (timing and to who) compelling- Fresh off the radio interview link and this case haunts me.

Hi All! I am a new member but have been reading on your forums for a long time.

I am in NC and have been following Kyle's disappearance intently. He left the bar alone and went to Fuel Pizza alone. There have been no reports of him being seen with anyone after leaving the Buckhead Saloon.
Newbie myself, unfortunately as a necessity, as I am a family friend of another man that has recently gone missing with very similar circumstances to Kyle among others. I am aware that he left the Bar alone, but was wondering if anyone knew as to why- did friends go elsewhere, and if so, how did they travel, etc? Was there a girl there he was talking to, etc..

This is an interview that Kyle's dad and sister did recently. Kyle's friends left Buckhead Saloon before he did. Listen to the interview, it's very informative.
Thanks Little RNB, I listened to it before I posted my new questions and ulless I missed it, Mr. Fleischmann never says why Kyle was by himself, just that he was, I'll look but I also believe that recently the Fuel Pizza sighting could not be confirmed, I'll try to find a link on the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns