NC NC - Kyle Fleischmann, 24, Charlotte, 9 Nov 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I had remembered seeing him make a call at the bar on video somewhere?

No, not this park. Gayle Community Park is where they found the body. I couldn't find much on it and haven't heard of it before. I think it may be a small, neighborhood park.

Here's an article I found that has a lot of info regarding the possible age of the person found and describes the clothing. Some things make me think it could be Kyle, but others are throwing me....(cigarette lighter found with the body)

http://www.heraldonline.com/109/story/491050.html

Is it your interpretation from this article that the kids that found it mistook what they thought was a tarp- actaully was the person's shirt? Or did you think it meant to say there was a "tarp-like" thing covereing the body?

Thank you so much for posting this, RNB. Yes, it will hopefully bring someone home and bring some sense of peace to the family of the person. Please keep us updated.

Please keep praying and sending positive thoughts to Kyle's family and friends. They will need strength to get through the next few days no matter what the outcome is. Bless their hearts.

I am posting this thread on here as he went missing the same day/weekend as Justin Gaines, and a week before Kyle, and he did his basic training in SC? Dont think it's related to the body in the park, but thought I'd post, jic.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63535

Authorities said the bones were clad in a cotton top similar to a sweat shirt, pants and shoes. Benson declined to release specifically what type of clothing or shoes were discovered, citing the ongoing investigation.

I would think the clothing would give LE a head start on finding out the identity of this victim. What was Kyle wearing? (I guess since they mentioned a wallet...they do assume it to be male.)

Blink, the way the article read the boys saw a piece of the shirt and thought it was a tarp...there was no actual tarp present.

Authorities said the bones were clad in a cotton top similar to a sweat shirt, pants and shoes. Benson declined to release specifically what type of clothing or shoes were discovered, citing the ongoing investigation.

I would think the clothing would give LE a head start on finding out the identity of this victim. What was Kyle wearing? (I guess since they mentioned a wallet...they do assume it to be male.)

Blink, the way the article read the boys saw a piece of the shirt and thought it was a tarp...there was no actual tarp present.

k, thanks. He was wearing a black short sleeve cotton top, jeans and black dress shoes. He was not carrying a wallet, had a cell phone, not sure about car keys but I don't think so

Yes, I just went back to find it..you were faster! So it doesn't appear this could be Kyle because of the clothing, imo.

I wouldn't be prepared to say that necesarily, the fact that they do not disclose what type of shoes he was wearing has me concerned.
Although there are other thoughts I have as to why I think this person would have been there longer than Kyle.

I guess the term "sweatshirt" leads me to believe it wasn't just a cotton T-shirt...of course, we know that LE uses their terminology very vaguely when it comes to things like this.

I thought that as well, but if they thought it might be a tarp, and in the elements. With sensitivity to the family, are you concerned about the level of decompostion and they way the remains were found?

Is it your interpretation from this article that the kids that found it mistook what they thought was a tarp- actaully was the person's shirt? Or did you think it meant to say there was a "tarp-like" thing covereing the body?

I thought that the kids mistook the shirt as a tarp. I just checked for updates about the findings...nothing yet.

I think you and SS are right, it also looks like it might be Lowery per SS article. In either case, it looks like the skeleton was too small for Kyle

Here is more news on the remains found: http://www.onlinechester.com/cgi-bi...wsLocal.2008415-219-155-155007.Lead+NewsLocal

We should probably just move this over to an UID thread now..if we don't already have one.

Tinker said the remains were from a small person, but he believed them to be adult remains.

Thanks for that article! Wow, missing for almost one year. I did try to research today the amount of time it took a body to decompose. With all of the variables, it is hard to figure that out. If anyone has time, I recommend checking into Vanderbilt University's body farm. They have a forensic program that actually buries bodies and stages the decomposition. I don't know how much of their research is made public, but I have heard a lot about their program as a nurse. I have some days off soon and I will look into their site, but if anyone has the time....feel free to take a look.
Lastly, I believe kyle is 6 ft tall, so he wouldn't be classified as a small person. Hopefully this other family in Chester will get their answers. That leads us back to the question.....Where is Kyle?!?!?!

Thanks for that article! Wow, missing for almost one year. I did try to research today the amount of time it took a body to decompose. With all of the variables, it is hard to figure that out. If anyone has time, I recommend checking into Vanderbilt University's body farm. They have a forensic program that actually buries bodies and stages the decomposition. I don't know how much of their research is made public, but I have heard a lot about their program as a nurse. I have some days off soon and I will look into their site, but if anyone has the time....feel free to take a look.
Lastly, I believe kyle is 6 ft tall, so he wouldn't be classified as a small person. Hopefully this other family in Chester will get their answers. That leads us back to the question.....Where is Kyle?!?!?!

well said, he needs to be home

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_Farm

It looks like I was wrong, it is U of TN that has the body farm. Maybe we can get some facts about the stages of decomposition from some of their research. I think that a year is a long time for a body to be in SC with the hot weather, animals, etc. and for the bones to be found so close together. I'm having a hard time believing that person has been there for 12 months. Could be wrong! (again!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_Farm

It looks like I was wrong, it is U of TN that has the body farm. Maybe we can get some facts about the stages of decomposition from some of their research. I think that a year is a long time for a body to be in SC with the hot weather, animals, etc. and for the bones to be found so close together. I'm having a hard time believing that person has been there for 12 months. Could be wrong! (again!)

LRnb- great info. I have to leave this one to the experts- I dont know that area very well.

LRnb- great info. I have to leave this one to the experts- I dont know that area very well.

I ended up not going to the hospital today, so I am going to put this on my agenda to look into today. If I find anything useful, I will share it. If any forensic scientists/pathologists read this....feel free to chime in!

I would only request that if what you find is particulary graphic, put a warning on it for anyone that might not want to know and skip your post.
I'm sure you already knew that, but having just been through this, I have learned there are some things family/friends do not want to know.
Congrads on your day off and thanks for spending some if it on helping others :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member