NC NC - Kyle Fleischmann, 24, Charlotte, 9 Nov 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The link from Tia really makes you think! My husband is convinced that there is a man or group that is targeting young men as they socially drink and become more and more intoxicated. The problem is that this age group is so trusting and I'm afraid that when these young men were really in need of a ride (Justin and Kyle), they trusted the very wrong person (who was probably very Ted Bundy-like) and BAM they were in over their heads :( But I believe they selected the wrong boys because both families are going full-force to find answers...kudos to the families and friends!

Greta said tonight that LE was in his condo for about 6 hours and they removed 3 bags of stuff. Looked like bedding if I heard correctly.

After reading Tia's link, I'm thinking serial killer too. Why would the police continue to think otherwise? There are just too many. Does anyone know if they tested for the date rape drug? I'm wondering if someone isn't slipping something in their drinks. Some of those guys had such a high alcohol level, they should have been in a coma, yet they walked to the river and no one notice...no vomit along the way. Nothing. I think the LaCrose police refuse to admit that they may have made a mistake.

I just think its TOO bizarre. I went to a party school in college, and I never have known ANYONE to get so drunk that they fall in bodies of water. It's just too weird. Anyway I think it's curious that these two boths both went missing before the weekend under the same circumstances. and its VERY similiar to brian shaffer in 2006. There has to be a link somewhere. The only very strange thing is most of the time a serial killer brags somehow. Maybe he isn't ready to show himself yet.

Maybe he isn't ready to show himself yet.

Perhaps, maybe SHE isn't ready to show herself yet?? Can't rule it out yet. I scanned the article you posted earlier, and I intend to go back and read it in depth over the upcoming holiday - but I don't recall seeing a cause of death listed in many of the cases where a body was recovered. Do we have a consistent COD?

An excerpt from one case:

After waiting 5 years for some sign or word about Scott his family and friends finally have some sort of closure. After receiving a tip State police divers were led to a location in the Wabash River where they began searching early Friday, the 12th of October. Later that day police used the VIN number of the car to confirm that it was Scott's.
Not releasing any more information that day, Scott's family and friends, and the rest of the community for that matter were informed later Saturday that human remains had been found. Those remains were identified using dental records to be those of Scott Michael Javins. After 5 years Scott has been found.
Currently there is a homicide investigation underway. If you have any information or tips that would be helpful please use the contact information below as quickly as possible.

so THE FAMILY think its a homicide....will be hard to solve 5 yrs later.

this one is similar but not as eerie to me, as he did not come out of a bar like the rest i think are related.

I find it interesting that most of these cases are in the cold weather months! If it is someone doing this to them.. maybe there are too many people around the rivers to do this without anyone noticing in the warmer months.. interesting.. They seem to start up around october? and end when it gets warm. I would like to see a better time line.

Here in Oklahoma we have tons of lakes.. and I havent heard of this happening under those circumstances.. Only during the summer do I ever hear of drownings! That many men do not wander into the rivers in one region.. and they were all alone? No way!

You can keep up with the search efforts for Kyle on www.helpfindkyle.com. There is an effort to have 100,000 people join his facebook page before Thanksgiving. I also saw on the news yesterday that his roommate was interviewed regarding the police search of their condo. The roomie said the police knocked on the door at 6am Sunday morning and began collecting some of Kyle's belongings; he also said that they would be willing to go through this type of police activity "for the next 365 days" if it meant bringing Kyle back!
I hope Kyle's case does not turn into anything like Brian Shaffer's! IF there is a serial "killer" behind all of this, we have to believe he will trip up eventually and get caught.
These cases should be a warning to all: NEVER GO SOLO! The buddy system has never been so important!

Just thinking about the serial killer aspect. Maybe it's someone who is against alcohol use, so they are wanting the police to think it's the alcohol causing the accidents. Maybe that's why there has been no bragging. It certainly appears that the police have a closed mind to any thing other than an alcohol induced accident. There are just too many victims. I know there have to be 40 year olds that get drunk too. It's strange that no one in that age group has had an accident. This is only my opinion.

WOW That is totally believable. Just too weird! I refuse to believe two men went missing from bars within the same week and fell off the face of the earth.

You always hear about women being slipped "date-rape" drugs in their drinks at bars......I just wonder if that isn't the case in some of these instances. They drink the stuff, then just wander around........

How does someone just disappear? I know it's not uncommon for cases like these on this board, but it just doesn't make sense. My parents live in Charlotte and we went to the Bobcats game last night, and walked by the Buckhead Saloon. Granted it was about 9:30ish at night, but there many people around - it's not like it's not a well-lit area.

Is there even the possibility that he doesn't want to be found? From what I've heard, it's not. I can't imagine the frustration his family and friends must be feeling right now.

This is a graphic published in the Charlotte Observer showing missing persons: http://www.charlotte.com/static/images/graphics/meck_missing_persons.html

Is this number unusual?
We go to an occasional Bobcats game too and haven't felt unsafe in the area. Yes, it is dangerous for a woman to go out alone, but not normally for a young man like Kyle. Leaving his jacket and debit card behind at the bar leads me to think he was rather intoxicated and not leaving a voicemail on the friend's phone after dialing the number seems kind of odd too. I just don't know what to think happened to him. :( The map doesn't give any details (age, sex, and so forth) about the persons who are missing so it's hard to give an opinion. I don't think we have a serial killer though.

If you click on Browneyed Emily's link, it shows the areas where the folks in Charlotte are missing, but then you have to click on Charlotte Meck PD link to acutally see the names and details of those that are missing. The part about Kyle says that his cell phone had activity until 4am in Charlotte's 1st Ward. I wish there were some more searches scheduled soon for Kyle! I know his poor, poor mother is beyond worried sick now.

I feel so horrible for Justin and Kyle's family. I can't imagine facing Thanksgiving tomorrow without my son. I want so bad to help. This is wrong for two boys to be missing like this. Just wrong. How can we help?

Perhaps, maybe SHE isn't ready to show herself yet?? Can't rule it out yet. I scanned the article you posted earlier, and I intend to go back and read it in depth over the upcoming holiday - but I don't recall seeing a cause of death listed in many of the cases where a body was recovered. Do we have a consistent COD?

It is possible it's a female serial killer. The known ones have either killed those that were physically weaker (elderly or children/babies) or like Wournos, they killed grown men.
Maybe he/she is luring them away towards waterways with romantic promises, slipping them a drug, and pushing them in.
The killer would likely have had an abusive alcoholic parent.

Someone who is "sweet" or otherwise very nice has been successful at getting these young men into very bad situations. It does make you wonder if there is a female involved OR a female/male team. After all, I can't imagine a typical female being able to over power these 6ft tall, healthy young men...unless there are "date rape" drugs involved. But if you watch the video of Kyle walk out of the bar, he appears to be walking without difficulty. There is more to these stories, that's for sure. I wish the guilty party would just make ONE mistake and give some clues.

The news ran clips of him as he walked out of the Buckhead Saloon. Sorry, I wasn't clear about "the video".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cweiss72