GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Good find.

AH's mother died on June 7, two days before the birth of the new baby. For a normal person, the simultaneous death of one's parent and birth of a child are enough to deal with, especially given the fact that she probably couldn't make the trip to the funeral (or did she even care?). Why complicate your life by committing a murder and/or being an accomplice in a macabre attempt to conceal the crime? Either that woman has ice water running through her veins, or she is on the verge of a complete melt-down.

A few of the most prominent features of her mother's obit are multiple marriages, "splitting" her life between geographical locations, an artsy flair, and overall enigmatic account of her life. Sound familiar? Maybe her mother was a nice woman, but it seems the apple didn't fall far from the tree in some respects.

Quote: jrb0124
"it was an accident that snowballed out of control..."

Its gotta be something better than that! He would prob get life for that and dismemberment. jmo

~~~~~~

I believe that was a tongue in cheek comment and was borrowed from the Casey Anthony trial.

I think they will both plead not guilty and say that the killer followed them to Texas and set them up. That the coolers had food in them they ate along the way, that this has nothing to do with them. It will take a jury willing to connect the dots, and that concerns me after this Casey Anthony debacle.

In NC "the unlawful and malicious or premeditated killing of one human being by another" constitutes a Capital Murder which is punishable by the death penalty.

The US has a Extradition Treaty with the British Virgin Islands
http://internationalextraditionblog...ds-extradition-treaty-with-the-united-states/

West's Law on Spousal Privilegehttp://www.answers.com/topic/spousal-privilege:

I believe they can be tried as co-defendants if they are considered equally copable. I'm not positive but I do know of murder trials in NC where two were tried together but I think it was burglary and murder . I'm not sure what they will do with this one.

Are these murders of wives over custody issues becoming more common due to child support payments? Is that what is behind these killings? I can't help but wonder if men are seeing the $ amount they will have to pay out and then determining it would be much cheaper to have the children with them fulltime. I think they are actually about money, same with the missing mom of triplets in MO, and many others.

I wonder if the jury will have to go to Tx to see where the body was dumped? I hope they got a lot of evidence from the house and car in NC and more in Tx.

I imagine they will each have their own attorney and each one will want a seperate trial. I just hope they have enough to prove premeditation!

Are these murders of wives over custody issues becoming more common due to child support payments? Is that what is behind these killings? I can't help but wonder if men are seeing the $ amount they will have to pay out and then determining it would be much cheaper to have the children with them fulltime. I think they are actually about money, same with the missing mom of triplets in MO, and many others.

Money played a role also in that GH has said he needed to move from NC to the VI to get more work, money, etc. He couldn't do that and still have or see the kids.

I do apologize for what I feel is probably a basic question...but, I don't know the answer, I'm new to this stuff.

What is the benefit/disadvantage of these two being tried individually vs. co-defendants? Could there be a guilty AND NG verdict - each defendant getting a different verdict?

This one just CANNOT get messed up at deliberation. I hope all evidence sticks. I could not emotionally take one of these two "humans" getting out of the murder charges.

Has it been mentioned here already that GH was married in 1999? I was looking through his facebook pics & on 1 from 1999 he comments about meeting his inlaws at a "neutral" place in Goldsboro.Picture 105 of 114, in the Haze family album.
Also, my opinion on the 2 baby boys staying in the custody of the G-parents is not something I would want to see happen.
Kinston, where this family lives is by no means a place these children should be raised.These babies have no future in Kinston, sad but true, I think every effort should be made for the 2 baby boys to be placed with LAs family.They should be afforded a fresh start somewhere far from any of the adults that are and will be involved with this case probably in the coming "years".

I do apologize for what I feel is probably a basic question...but, I don't know the answer, I'm new to this stuff.

What is the benefit/disadvantage of these two being tried individually vs. co-defendants? Could there be a guilty AND NG verdict - each defendant getting a different verdict?

This one just CANNOT get messed up at deliberation. I hope all evidence sticks. I could not emotionally take one of these two "humans" getting out of the murder charges.

Two trials mean two attorneys and two juries. Yes one or both can get off.

I wonder if the jury will have to go to Tx to see where the body was dumped? I hope they got a lot of evidence from the house and car in NC and more in Tx.

I imagine they will each have their own attorney and each one will want a seperate trial. I just hope they have enough to prove premeditation!

I sure hope the jury would travel to Texas! Checking out that creek on google maps had a huge effect on me personally. Such a sad, lonely (and muddy) "burial" spot! =(

If anyone hasn't done it yet, I'd also suggest tracing the entire route from NC to TX. Despite already having a good sense of the distance involved, it really helped me to visualize that trip. Anyone who's ever towed a UHaul trailer is aware of the added level of stress it brings. Now picture the contents they towed, the distance they traveled, the heat, the stress, trying to entertain two bored toddlers and feed/placate a newborn baby... These, IMO, were two very determined individuals.

I doubt the jury would travel but I would hope there is a great deal of video tape made, from the time Laura was found and just in general showing the area, distance to the house, etc...

I think child support is on the list of complaints these narcissistic abusive types have about their victims, but I think it's a lower priority. Ultimately, they want to win, they want to control, and they want to punish. It's not like because they have to pay child support they become hateful, but more like because they're so hateful they don't want to pay child support.

I've known some guys who didn't get a fair shake child support wise. I can see how that would upset someone. But the hearing hadn't even been held yet. He didn't even know if he was going to have to pay her, and he didn't know how much if so. So he wasn't upset that he had to pay her a high amount, he was upset by the possibility that he might have to pay her ANY amount.

Is it happening more? I don't know, but it sure seems like it. I don't think there's any one reason. Maybe we're just more aware with 24 hour news and the internet. Maybe it's another "CSI" effect where these guys think they've watched enough crime shows to make them smart enough to pull it off. I think that the vitriol that the father's rights lobby spews about women, and their constant opposition to strengthening domestic violence and child abuse laws might play a part. I do think it's something that merits further study.

I am really having a diifcult time with the distance LA put between herself and her own family. (There is a story there) Her and GH were no longer a couple however she still kept that distance. I have noticed that her family is taking donations for the children. Now I am not a fan of GH parents having these kids by no means and I agree that a a fund should be set up for the children, however I feel like someone that was close to LA (not her estranged family) should be in control of that. Anybody else feeling this way??

I am really having a diifcult time with the distance LA put between herself and her own family. (There is a story there) Her and GH were no longer a couple however she still kept that distance. I have noticed that her family is taking donations for the children. Now I am not a fan of GH parents having these kids by no means and I agree that a a fund should be set up for the children, however I feel like someone that was close to LA (not her estranged family) should be in control of that. Anybody else feeling this way??

Do you know "who" in the family is taking donations? Her brother was close to her but not her parents. (If I read everything correctly). I would want to know where the money is going. A trust fund for their education or just a general fund that the family could access? That would be my last concern at this time but that's just me.

I'm just catching up and not sure if this has been mentioned, but I'm wondering if it's possible that AH could be suffering from postpartum psychosis. That's the first thing I thought when I saw her arrest photo.

I'm just catching up and not sure if this has been mentioned, but I'm wondering if it's possible that AH could be suffering from postpartum psychosis. That's the first thing I thought when I saw her arrest photo.

I think they were on drugs! IMO!
IMO the last thing you want as a new mother is to be separated from your baby, doing all this if she had any ounce of sanity would know she would not see her baby again. This would destroy me as a mom and I am sure others agree.
Did you find a case with someone that postpartum resulted in a murder of someone other than their baby?

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=8273159&rss=rss-wtvd-article-8273159

Friend says that GH and wife are not "monsters." Oh really? They sawed up the body of a young mother (while her little ones were in their care) and plotted to dump her parts in a creek all the way across the country...hauling said parts in coolers, while their little children rode along.
While I appreciate someone for speaking up for their friends.....I have to say, if they aren't "monsters," then monsters aren't real.....

From what I've read, this particular friend speaking out seems to have a lot in common with Laura. If she was aware of the true nature of GH/LA relationship I cannot imagine her being friends with GH and AH...LA? yes, those other two definitely NOT. I will just assume for her sake that she didn't really know any of them well.

[LINK]

“I can’t be depressed because she’s in a better place," Schumacher said. “I can be angry because of what was done to her and her boys, and I can want justice for that. But Laura would want us to celebrate her life and cherish our moments with her.”
“Laura would want all those who loved her to unite and take care of her boys by assuring they are loved and told the truth — that their mother will love them forever,” Schumacher said. “She loved her kids more than anything. She fought for them everyday. She found strength within herself that she did not know she had. Laura was compassionate, loyal, faithful and talented.”

For those who have not seen/heard this yet, it is a song by GH called "broomstick rider" where he rages about the custody battle and threatens both directly and indirectly (through "goons") to kill her.

excerpt from the article (lyrics):

"And then she wants me to pay her. You've lost your da-- mind. I put a price tag on your head. That's right. You must have told your attorney I got intentions on killing you. What? (unintelligible) Might stop me, but my bullets will get you soon. I've got my goons from way back. They still owe me money, told them you stayed at my mom's crib. Now ain't that funny?"​

Has anyone thought that maybe he had someone else kill her and then hand the body back off to him (them) in the coolers? I had thought about that possibility even before seeing those lyrics that seem to refer to getting someone that owes him to do it for him.

Has anyone thought that maybe he had someone else kill her and then hand the body back off to him (them) in the coolers? I had thought about that possibility even before seeing those lyrics that seem to refer to getting someone that owes him to do it for him.

I think couldn't get anyone to murder for him and he did it himself with the help of his wife. I believe if someone else did it they would have done something with the body themselves. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966