GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an interesting concept and, like you, I don't have any first hand experience with relatives, thankfully. However, I did work with troubled youth and their parents several years ago. Sadly, a lot of the children who come from horrible family circumstances such as one parent murdering another, carry it with them forever and are sometimes filled with hatred toward the committing parent forever. Even with therapy, maturation and well into their own adulthoods--with children of their own--many just can't let loose. Of course, others thrive and seem to never look back. With the parents of children who committed the worst offenses, they always blame themselves. "Where did we go wrong?", etc.
I am hoping that the Hayes children are young enough that they will be able to escape the nightmare of their parent(s') legacy. However, I honestly do not think that will be possible unless the children are completely removed from the families, are adopted by an outside family, and are removed from the Raleigh/Kinston area altogether.

Thanks - Oh, what sadness I just had reading what you wrote. The old "Sins of the father..." thing. Certainly we know that many times in a divorce, children blame themselves, so I guess the same would be true in spades if one of your parents killed anyone, let alone your own other parent. The children probably just wait for the day that they will do the same thing, assuming that it's bound to happen -- in some cases. What a heartache and woeful situation.

Yep - start clean & fresh with new everything. But I'm afraid it won't happen for those little boys. At least if the g-parents would re-locate -- that would help a lot, seems to me.

This is interesting:

“Obtaining these records will enable detectives to determine Amanda Hayes’ purchases, location of the purchases, specific items purchased that may have been used during the commission of the crime being investigated and potentially identify additional witnesses,” Detective Zeke Morse, who’s assisting Faulk in the homicide investigation, wrote in the request for the credit card report.

http://http://www.enctoday.com/news/death-75584-kfpress-doorway-raleigh.html

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979706733

For some reason I had the surveillance photos on my mind ....the ones that were released pretty early in the case right after LA was reported missing. I found the link above which states that the shots were taken just before she dropped her boys off at GH's apartment. The time is not indicated in the report but I'm sure the video is time stamped. Hopefully that time frame info will come out soon and it will help give us an idea of about what time she took the boys back to GH's apartment---and was subsequently murdered.

In the news articles that I read, the surveillance videos were taken in the morning, not in the afternoon with the kids. Gather articles are quite frequently wrong with information that she reports; and she often uses conjecture. JMHO

http://www.kinston.com/news/raleigh-75254-ackerson-photos.html

These images of Laura Jean Ackerson were captured by a surveillance camera the morning of July 13, the day she went missing in Raleigh.

Most of the activity focused on the suspects’ home.

Police make it plainly clear in their probable cause statement they believe Laura Ackerson was murdered and dismembered inside Grant and Amanda Hayes' apartment in Raleigh.

What makes me absolutely sick about this whole situation is that the kids were likely present when their mother was murdered. :sick:

I would love to know how and why the friends of GH still say he is not a monster. It has become apparent that LE believe that this was premeditated. He likely did not do this in a fit of rage. I would love to know when the coolers were purchased.

Regarding her astrangement from her family. Please remember that LA was in an abusive relationship. From the beginning of this relationship, GH likely cut her ties (whether strong or weak ties) from her family and even friends. I was in a similar relationship/marriage. My ex made certain that I did not have close friends while we were married. He kept me from my family (although I was rebellious and called my mom every other day from work without his knowledge). I think because of my rebellion, it gave me more strength to leave the relationship.

People are also raised differently. I was raised in a very strong family environment. Although my ex weakened my family ties for a period of time (I had VERY little contact with my brothers and sister during my marriage); I reached out to them immediately when I left my ex. I looked to them for comfort and healing.

LA was put in with his parents and was still under his control because of the kids and while she lived with his parents. I was lucky to escape prior to having children. Unless you have survived a situation such as this, it may be hard to comprehend.

From the same article:

It was not clear if the incident had been planned, he said.
"I don't know if it was planned homicide or just tempers flared," Brady said. "I can't imagine someone being that cold and just uncaring that after the murder they took the steps of dismembering this lady in the matter they did and tossing her in a creek."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7669137.html#ixzz1UlJM4TrB

BBM

Hmmmmm.... Well now, boys & girls, the reporter forgot to add "gentle" to that description, didn't he? Shame on him.
icon8.gif

sorry to quote myself, but who is Perry Hayes? Was Amanda's last name Perry at some point? ?

Yes -- Amanda Smith Perry Hayes -- (I think I put those names in the right order!)

Also notice, Surfie, that the article also said "Ruffin Hayes" for Grant, whose name is Grant Ruffin Hayes....Who knoze why?
icon12.gif

As horrible as this is to think about I believe we might have stumbled onto pre-meditation. GH and AH rented the trailer early. Why? To store LA's body until the trip. I hate to say this but I believe they were keeping her dismembered body "on ice" in the trailer. No smell.

That is why they needed a trailer and that is why they needed it 3 days ahead of time. Body locked in a trailer in the parking lot, ready to go. Probably had furniture blocking the view so when they opened the door no one would see what was in there.

I bet they will find that GH was buying bags of ice during the days before they left for TX.

I think you're right, Jeannie -- There may have been a "special" at the UHaul place for a weekend rent or something, too -- like Friday to Monday or whatever fits their timeline.

I still think they may have stashed the empty coolers either in the UHaul or in storage so that the toddlers wouldn't have access to them because of the danger of playing with coolers. Remember, Grant was a gentle person and wanted to be that way with those he loved....:banghead:

Aug. 2, 1:45 p.m.: Raleigh detectives seized in their latest search of Grant and Amanda Hayes’ Woodfield Glen apartment:

Faucets and drains and all connected covers and piping
Hair, debris, and water samples inside drainage
A shower head and hose
Carpet and padding
Toilet brush
Towel and wash cloths
Dryer lint
Box of trash bags
Cigarette boxes
Canvas CD case
Cell phones and power cords
Miscellaneous documents, including papers indicating the Hayeses owned a saw

http://www.enctoday.com/articles/death-75584-kfpress-doorway-raleigh.html

(There's a good detailed timeline toward the end of the page)

Originally Posted by borndem
BBM
Chainsaw? Handsaw? Drop-cloth or tarp? Buckets? They thought of everything, huh?

They had a "to do her in" list, and they checked it twice. Then, off to Texas. Gee, they were smart!

I doubt if he used a chainsaw. They live in an apartment. I didn't mention drop-cloth or tarp or buckets. Just tools. Hand saws, coolers, whatever else he thought he would need.

Just an idea and yes if they planned it I'm sure they had a list of what would be needed.

Hi, Jeannie -- :seeya: -- I know you didn't mention those items.... I was just musing on what they might have on their list -- and I agree, a chainsaw inside the house would wake up the whole neighborhood.... unless they used in at about 3:00am at the storage unit. But something has made the LEOs think that they did the deed in the apt. I surely hope that what made them say that is good, solid evidence, don't you?

But would a chainsaw leave "clean" cuts?:waitasec: Dunno. (Chainsaws do a good clean job on oak & hickory.) Or any other kind of power saw? What a smathering coagulated-blood-flying mess that would have been. Matter would have splattered everywhere, seems to me with any kind of electric saw.

What DID they use??? Table saw stored in the storage unit? I don't know what saws would be appropriate on a body -- dayam, who does???:shocked2:
:cow:

I believed that also until I saw the marriage record which lists her maiden name as Depp.

Also, from her mother's obituary:

She is preceded in death by her parents, a daughter, Carolyn Depp, and a sister xxxxxxx.
Her surviving family members include her four children: son xxxxx, and wife xxxxxx of Durango, Colo.; three daughters: xxxxx and husband xxxxx of Richmond, Texas; xxxxxx of Dallas, Texas; and Amanda and husband Grant Haze of North Carolina.....

Abernathy could have been a married name of her mother's?? Or she could have chosen to go by that name at some point. I'd just like a source to say for sure.

Wow! What a string of names! I think you've done very well to research what you've got. Yes, maybe her mother dropped "Depp" from an earlier marriage. Very confusing. Thanks for what you have uncovered, but I can understand your frustration. :waitasec:

Whew, JeannieC -- How awful is that expression? Gives me chills and makes me angry at the same time. :banghead:

That poor woman, probably feeling good about seeing and surprising her boys. Grrrrrr. And like all of us, I wonder if she had ever done this before -- met at their apt. to see the little guys? Maybe it wasn't that unusual with her new business & all -- and if so, she probably went in there with no misgivings at all and her guard was down. I wonder if she even saw them that afternoon/evening? Possibly not. GH could have been waiting behind the front door with a rope or with something to smack her in the head. :maddening:Makes me wanna holler. Bless her little heart.

Whew, JeannieC -- How awful is that expression? Gives me chills and makes me angry at the same time. :banghead:

That poor woman, probably feeling good about seeing and surprising her boys. Grrrrrr. And like all of us, I wonder if she had ever done this before -- met at their apt. to see the little guys? Maybe it wasn't that unusual with her new business & all -- and if so, she probably went in there with no misgivings at all and her guard was down. I wonder if she even saw them that afternoon/evening? Possibly not. GH could have been waiting behind the front door with a rope or with something to smack her in the head. :maddening:Makes me wanna holler. Bless her little heart.

That headline gave me chills and made me cry. I hope and I pray that the 2 little boys and the baby were not in the house when such an EVIL act was done. If they were there, I have no doubt the little boys heard and possibly saw things. Maybe, they heard their mother's voice or heard her last cry or heard the struggle. I hope and pray they were not in the house.

I apologize if what I said was graphic.

What makes me absolutely sick about this whole situation is that the kids were likely present when their mother was murdered. :sick:

I would love to know how and why the friends of GH still say he is not a monster. It has become apparent that LE believe that this was premeditated. He likely did not do this in a fit of rage. I would love to know when the coolers were purchased.

Regarding her astrangement from her family. Please remember that LA was in an abusive relationship. From the beginning of this relationship, GH likely cut her ties (whether strong or weak ties) from her family and even friends. I was in a similar relationship/marriage. My ex made certain that I did not have close friends while we were married. He kept me from my family (although I was rebellious and called my mom every other day from work without his knowledge). I think because of my rebellion, it gave me more strength to leave the relationship.

People are also raised differently. I was raised in a very strong family environment. Although my ex weakened my family ties for a period of time (I had VERY little contact with my brothers and sister during my marriage); I reached out to them immediately when I left my ex. I looked to them for comfort and healing.

LA was put in with his parents and was still under his control because of the kids and while she lived with his parents. I was lucky to escape prior to having children. Unless you have survived a situation such as this, it may be hard to comprehend.

Be proud of yourself, Cocomod. What courage and determination you had to rise up out of that situation. You may have saved your life -- if not your actual & physical life, certainly your psychological and your who-I-am life. You probably are thankful every day for those strong & close family ties -- they can't be bought nor manufactured -- they must be real.

I am blessed not to have a story to tell such as yours, but what you said makes me wonder if a big part of wife-abuse (physical or mental or both) continues because of the lack of strong family ties & support. Your family situation certainly must have given you enough self-esteem to wake up one day and say, "No -- no more of this. Not for me." And you are still you because of it. :clap:

OT////Hurrah!! Judge Belvin Perry made his ruling today that CA will HAVE to serve her one year of probation! Hurrah and hurrah again!
http://www.wesh.com/r/28838309/detail.html

Good ol' Uncle Bel, huh?! Hah! Calling Casey.... "Most hated woman" in a recent poll. Poor little thing -- yeah, laughing all the way to the bank. But Baez will get her thru it; she'll be fine. I assume she will have to report to a PO every month??

icon10.gif
icon7.gif
Thanks for the Good News, East!!:great::woohoo:

Please excuse my tacky rant. JMHO.

I can't believe that they didn't take the cell phones until Aug 2!

Probably to allow the two additional time to continue to leave enough evidence of calls, text made & received...and even pic's taken on their phones...ugh!

Probably to allow the two additional time to continue to leave enough evidence of calls, text made & received...and even pic's taken on their phones...ugh!

LE can check phone records without having the phones. I agree, LE might have been giving them "rope" to swing on......:lamb:

Good Morning All,
Seems the news and posts on this case have slowed down. The link/article below was released this morning by WCTI channel 12 news. It states that 2 juveniles were removed from the Kinston home and placed with family members. Does this mean the 2 little boys are no longer with GH's parents? Still don't know where the baby girl is......

Link: http://www.wcti12.com/news/28866696/detail.html

One Suspect In Ackerson Murder Due In Court
By Erin Butherus / Producer
POSTED: 8:01 am EDT August 15, 2011
LENOIR COUNTY -- The woman charged with the dismemberment of a Kinston mother is due back in a Raleigh courtroom Monday.
Amanda Hayes and her husband Grant Hayes are accused of murdering Laura Ackerson and dumping her body in Texas.
27-year-old Ackerson's body was discovered July 24.
A judge told the Hayes that they were "looking at a potential death penalty or life without parole."
Court documents show that a machete has been included as evidence in the case.
Two juveniles, who were inside the 1505 Holman Street residence at the time the two suspects were taken into custody, were assessed by Child Protective Services personnel and have been released to the custody of family members.
Ackerson is an ex-girlfriend of Grant Hayes and the mother of two of his children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61