GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were unable to watch the "live stream" of the trial on Thursday, 8/29/13, you can watch/listen here or click on the video titles (in blue below):

http://www.wral.com/news/local/asset_gallery/12826513/
WRAL - Raleigh, NC -- 8/29/13

Grant Hayes murder trial video

State's opening statement
Wake County Assistant District Attorney Boz Zellinger presents opening statements on behalf of the state in the first-degree murder trial of Grant Hayes on Aug. 29, 2013.

Defense's opening statements
Attorney Will Durham presents opening statements on behalf of the defense in the first-degree murder trial of Grant Hayes on Aug. 29, 2013.

Grant Hayes trial testimony (Day 1 pt 1)
Aug. 29, 2013, testimony of Chevon Mathes.

Grant Hayes trial testimony (Day 1 pt 2)
Aug. 29, 2013, testimony of Heidi Schumacher.

First F-bomb in the trial. And repeated by the Honorable Judge Stephens as well! <drink!>

I forgot how nice it was not to have the sizzle machine during sidebars.

Hola everyone :wave: just getting to office (it's 8 a.m. on the West Coast, so I am not late he he he). I am getting a new standing desk today so I might be MIA for a bit. How are things this morning? I see we are on break.

Thoughts on the defense continuing to bring up dates that Laura went to Grant's apartment while telling her friends she would never go.... For me, it only shows that it is probable she went there the day she went missing. So, how is that good for the defense?

Defense is trying desperately to throw Laura under the proverbial bus, tarnishing her whereever they can, which is typical defense maneuvers. Laura's best friend (Heidi S.) just finished her testimony. I thought she was an outstanding witness--answered the questions as asked, didn't interject beyond what she was asked, stayed cool, calm, and did her friend proud. She came across as very credible.

The prior incident of violence by GH was powerful, as was the threat he made in 2009 to both Laura and Heidi, which prompted Heidi to obtain a conceal & carry permit and start carrying a gun for her own protection.

The groundwork is being laid and quite effectively, IMO.

Is this recess for lunch or will they be back soon?
TIA

Schedule goes like this (all Eastern Daylight time):

9:30am Court start
Around 11am to 11:30am - morning break for 15 to 20 min
Around 1pm until 2:30pm - lunch
Around 3pm to 3:30pm - afternoon break for 15 to 20 min
Around 5pm - court adjourns for the day

I'm here--in listening mode only so far. I want HS to be my best friend!
Hope everybody is well.

For those who may be wondering things like,

"Why do the attorneys stay seated when asking questions?" "Why do the attorneys ask permission every time to approach the witness or the clerk?"

Answer: rules of the NC court system. Every trial in NC is conducted similarly. No one's being lazy or uninvolved or anything like that. All comes down to the rules.

Even after he has killed her, he gets a dig in via his comments to police.
(Laura was supposed to feed the kids but didn't...you know that is BS)

:stormingmad:

Even after he has killed her, he gets a dig in via his comments to police.
(Laura was supposed to feed the kids but didn't...you know that is BS)

:stormingmad:

I know right? Charmer, this one. :jail:

:seeya: mornin'!

I had audio playing in the background this am. Did Judge S say they will adjourn early today, or was I imagining things again? ;)

TIA!

I had audio playing in the background this am. Did Judge S say they will adjourn early today, or was I imagining things again? ;)

TIA!

I got here after morning break, so he might have and I missed it.

TIA!

I'm sorry Boodles, I don't know. I have been busy with something else, listening the best I could, but forgot to turn the trial on until about 20 minutes after they started this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95