GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a very meager lifestyle as is being shown in these pictures. I feel so sorry for LA and curse the day she ever met GH.

I'm really worried about BornDem. She has waited for 2 years for this trial as eagerly as I have and she has been absent both yesterday and today. I am hoping she is in the courtroom and can give us a terrific first person account of everything when she finally shows up on here. I hope she's ok, if not in the courtroom.

First F-bomb in the trial. And repeated by the Honorable Judge Stephens as well! <drink!>

It kind of shocked me and my husband had just walked into the room and said 'what did he say'? I can see some of the other judges using it but not this judge, he's so proper. But nothing is off limits when you are trying to get to the truth in a case, not even to a judge.... and a fine one at that.

I'm really worried about BornDem. She has waited for 2 years for this trial as eagerly as I have and she has been absent both yesterday and today. I am hoping she is in the courtroom and can give us a terrific first person account of everything when she finally shows up on here. I hope she's ok, if not in the courtroom.

I wondered about her, too, and assumed she probably went to court...hope she's ok.

I also hope she is ok. Possibly in court- jealous! She needs to come back soon. Miss her!

It kind of shocked me and my husband had just walked into the room and said 'what did he say'? I can see some of the other judges using it but not this judge, he's so proper. But nothing is off limits when you are trying to get to the truth in a case, not even to a judge.... and a fine one at that.

It's not his first F-bomb rodeo, that's for sure. But it is jarring to hear him repeat it. LOL. :rockon:

I also hope she is ok. Possibly in court- jealous! She needs to come back soon. Miss her!

Try not to worry; lives go on even during court hours. The courtroom looks almost empty to me, based on the video view. I'm surprised by that.

Try not to worry; lives go on even during court hours. The courtroom looks almost empty to me, based on the video view. I'm surprised by that.

I am surprised by the lack of attendance too Mad74. I expected it to be nearly full. Makes me want to shoot for a couple of days myself next week if I can work it out.

Sounds like GH was smearing Laura and sabotaging her. And i'm not that familiar with it, but the term "gaslighting" comes to mind -- he was trying to invalidate her, make her feel as though it was SHE who had a problem. She went so far as to move into a secure building (unusual for a small rural NC town, IMO), keep track of all interactions in written form, and had an elaborate back-up system with Heidi. Smart young woman.

Nd this proves she wan't crazy. She was, literally, dead right. They killed her. Nothing about her fear was imaginary, overly sensitive or paranoid.

And he continues to gaslight her NOW during this trial through his attorney. They're trying to make it seem like she was negligent, she created problems, she was lying to her friends about everything, that she wasn't afraid at all of GH - she's just a liar. Intimating she lied about believing she was married, etc., etc. it's appalling that GH continues to try to further destroy her, after already taking her life from her.

If gaslight is the wrong term, please correct me. I just hate what he did to this woman, who just wanted her kids.

Sounds like GH was smearing Laura and sabotaging her. And i'm not that familiar with it, but the term "gaslighting" comes to mind -- he was trying to invalidate her, make her feel as though it was SHE who had a problem. She went so far as to move into a secure building (unusual for a small rural NC town, IMO), keep track of all interactions in written form, and had an elaborate back-up system with Heidi. Smart young woman.

Nd this proves she wan't crazy. She was, literally, dead right. They killed her. Nothing about her fear was imaginary, overly sensitive or paranoid.

And he continues to gaslight her NOW during this trial through his attorney. They're trying to make it seem like she was negligent, she created problems, she was lying to her friends about everything, that she wasn't afraid at all of GH - she's just a liar. Intimating she lied about believing she was married, etc., etc. it's appalling that GH continues to try to further destroy her, after already taking her life from her.

If gaslight is the wrong term, please correct me. I just hate what he did to this woman, who just wanted her kids.

Gaslighting is a good term for what they were doing to her. It is probably derived from the old movie, Gaslight, Ingrid Bergman, excellent movie....watch it if you can. In the movie, her husband did everything within his power to make her think she was losing her mind, incapable of leaving the house alone, losing important things, etc.

I'm a little behind in watching the trial but I must say I am very impressed with the first two witnesses. Solid I thought. I wish the lawyers mikes worked, hard to hear.

I'm a little behind in watching the trial but I must say I am very impressed with the first two witnesses. Solid I thought. I wish the lawyers mikes worked, hard to hear.

Yes, the first two witness were excellent. Everybody should have friends just like them.
I am wondering if the attorneys are forgetting to turn their mics on? I was happy that one female witness--can't remember who right now--asked the defense attorney to speak louder. I thought that may nudge all of them to check their mics but I don't think the prosecution did.

This is AH's daughter. Reference the tv news interview with her, not a good vibe.

hi, :seeya:folks :seeya:-- i'm signed in now & listening & watching -- we were traveling yesterday, so i'm just now settling in -- this witness is interesting... thanks for having posts that are helping me catch up

on with the show...

He looks like he's been smoking weed, i.e., stoned. Seriously, doesn't he? He also looks bored. Probably because they're talking about Laura and not him.

Stone, Stoned, Stoning.... Hmmmmm

A big Hi-Ya to glee!! Here we come, gracielee, draggin' in at half-past ten...:facepalm::blushing::truce:

Well, I'm just thinking here. The defense opening statement included remarks that 'Grant and Amanda began a series of stupid mistakes' or something to that effect with respect to their not calling the police upon LA's demise. Instead, they chopped her up and drover her to TX. So what is the name of that law, I think it's a national law, that even if you didn't commit a bank robbery but drove the get away car, you are still charged with the same thing as the person who held up the bank? Why wouldn't that law play in this case?

dunno what it's called, but if you are there, you share...

I wonder how ex-husband Nicky Smith died.

Sha seems very devoted to her mom. I guess they were a team as AH went through various men and geographic locations. This young woman has been through a lot.

I saw her a few weeks ago, and she looked different -this is a very different hair style for court. I'm afraid when I saw her I may have stopped and stared (not intentionally).

I wonder how ex-husband Nicky Smith died.

Sha seems very devoted to her mom. I guess they were a team as AH went through various men and geographic locations. This young woman has been through a lot.

I saw her a few weeks ago, and she looked different -this is a very different hair style for court. I'm afraid when I saw her I may have stopped and stared (not intentionally).

Is that the daughters ex you mention? Or Amanda?

I think she is a good witness. Not happy to be there of course, but concise answers. We will see what happens when defense asks her about the crime or after the crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95