GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking he had heard the story of Robert "Willie" Pickton up in BC, Canada. Also known as "The Pig Farmer Killer".

From Wiki-
"Forensic analysis was very difficult because the bodies of the victims may have been left to decompose or allowed to be eaten by insects and pigs on the farm. During the early days of the excavations, forensic anthropologists brought in heavy equipment, including two 50-foot (15 m) flat conveyor belts and soil sifters to find traces of remains. On March 10, 2004, it was revealed that human flesh may have been ground up and mixed with pork from the farm. According to the book On the Farm, by Stevie Cameron, he took orders from the public and bought and sold ground meat containing human meat. He also sold meat to businesses in the Fraser Valley that contained human meat; the province's health authority later issued a warning. Another claim made is that he fed the bodies directly to his pigs."

I remember that case. Weren't several members of the family really strange?

GH may have picked up on the hog's eating habits from the movie 'Snatch'. One of the gangsters in that movie was partial to feeding people to hogs. PS-You should remove the teeth, from the corpse, before not after the meal. ewwwwwww

Per the Judge: TV cameras will not show the pictures of Laura's remains. Inside the courtroom they will be shown on a smaller screen.

I hope they keep the camera on GH while these pictures are being described. I want to watch his expressions.

I do not envy the jury.

I am so sorry Laura.

The pictures of the remains are extremely gory. I think the judge wants to limit how many the jurors have to take in to understand the gruesome dismemberment and dumping.

You know, if a member of my family called and asked to visit to leave some furniture and a body in my area (I do have a creek...), I would have been on the phone to local LE to intercept them.

What a mess Amanda's sister got herself into. Is she still facing charges?

Wait. She actually KEPT the remains in her house? or "just" the coolers? Holycrapola. Wowza.

I am happy that NC courts do not allow for gory pictures to be broadcast. We do not need to see them - the jury does.

and we are done for the day folks. I won't be around tomorrow, so will depend on your updates. Cheers!

Wait. She actually KEPT the remains in her house? or "just" the coolers? Holycrapola. Wowza.

I am happy that NC courts do not allow for gory pictures to be broadcast. We do not need to see them - the jury does.

She kept the furniture and the coolers. Hayes and spouse dumped the body in the swamp.

This is the stuff of nightmares. I'm going to try and not think about it tonight.

Poor Laura, she didn't deserve what happened to her, and neither did her sons.

She kept the furniture and the coolers. Hayes and spouse dumped the body in the swamp.

This is the stuff of nightmares. I'm going to try and not think about it tonight.

Poor Laura, she didn't deserve what happened to her, and neither did her sons.

Hugs to you my dear friend :grouphug:

Eeeeeewwww what's with those piles of trash? :sick:

They are way out in the boonies -- they may not have any county trash pick up service or may not want to pay for private pick-up, or it is not available, so they burn their trash -- lotsa country folk do. Chica de la ciudad!!
icon12.gif

It had been very dry there in that area at that time, so the trash prolly piled up until it was okay to burn it -- what's with that old suitcase? Stains? Hmmm

Inflammatory?!??

Thisjust depicts what GH & AH did!! How is that inflammatory?

My mouth fell open in shock when he said they were inflammatory. Well, THAT'S WHY THEY'RE IN THE COURTOOM, BECAUSE THESE TWO ANIMALS MURDERED, DISMEMBERED, DID GOD KNOWS WHAT WITH ACID, AND THREW HER BODY IN THE CREEK!

Inflammatory?? I love this judge, but thought he was wrong on that call. But surely, they have enough gore in what was allowed to comprehend this freakin' animal's actions. And he sits there as though he has not a care in the world. Oh, I despise him, and I wonder how his attorneys sleep at night.

/rant :seeya:

So here's the deal with the defense's strategy, IMO.

THEY WANT KAREN BERRY. And Karen isn't on the witness list. Her two boys have now testified. The defense is ITCHING to elicit "what Karen said" to everyone on the stand. Notice yesterday, the prosecution questioned the detective about everything EXCEPT what Karen told them. The prosecution won't cross that line, which the defense desperately wants.

In every cross-examination, the defense attorney tries every which way to get around the hearsay rule and get someone, anyone, everyone to say what Karen said. It's like an elaborate dance.

The prosecution is withholding Karen as a witness to prevent the defense from having a defense (i.e., "Karen said Amanda did it"...etc.). But Dalton slipped today by answering the defense Q about "is Karen coming to Raleigh?" The prosecution shouted "objection" and the judge quickly sustained, but Dalton already said yes.

Maybe the prosecution is withholding Karen, trying to get "him" (GH) on the stand? Don't know, but I sure hope they're not cutting a deal with AH. Sha and the Berrys seem relatively connected to the State team. Could it be they've been enticed by the potential for a deal for AH?

I know I'm rambling, hope this makes sense.

I find it sad that AH dragged her daughter, sister, nephews and niece into this mess. And did you notice that Sha seems to always be at her mother's beck and call? Bringing her vacuums, dropping everything to take the boys, bringing AH and GH food, giving her mother $$, etc. Wonder who was the "adult" in that duo - mom or daughter?

Under which witness did the pictures of LA's remains come in? I watched all of Sgt. Robert Latour's testimony from today and didn't see anything introduced in that witness that matches what y'all were talking about with the judge's warning, etc.

The pictures of the remains came in w/ the last witness of today, the investigator from the Fort Hood Sheriff's dept

It came in today -- if I am understanding what you want -- tuff pics of the body, etc., etc., shown only, of course, to the jury.

Grant Hayes trial testimony (Day 4 pt 7)

Sept. 4, 2013, testimony of Kim Oreskovich, a crime scene investigator with the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office in Fort Bend County, Texas.

Can the defense not call KB as a witness?

That's what I'm wondering. I would think they could, although she would be a hostile witness. But I'm not a lawyer, so I don't know for sure. I wonder if there would be some advantage to the defense if she was a prosecution witness, e.g., they could ask leading Q's or something like that....

At the time I looked on WRAL (which was earlier this evening), the last video had not yet been posted. It's there now, thanks!

There must be a reason that they can't/won't call KB as a defense witness since they are trying so hard to get her info admitted through other witnesses. I am not a lawyer either so not sure why. Sure seems like LE did a great job putting the pieces of the puzzle together so quickly. It allowed them to find & collect evidence that could have been lost if not found quickly. Also helped that GH & LA were either not so smart or were overly confident in their plan & convinced LA's body would never be found.

The pictures of the remains are extremely gory. I think the judge wants to limit how many the jurors have to take in to understand the gruesome dismemberment and dumping.

You know, if a member of my family called and asked to visit to leave some furniture and a body in my area (I do have a creek...), I would have been on the phone to local LE to intercept them.

What a mess Amanda's sister got herself into. Is she still facing charges?

I don't think they ever planned to charge her with anything although going into the trial I thought she was complicit. So far, I have not heard anything that leads me to believe she knew ahead of time that they wanted to dump a body there. The prosecution is somewhat teasing things along--bringing up various topics yet never asking for exact answers.

Inflammatory?!??

This is what GH & AH did!! How is that inflammatory?

I know, I know--it makes me mad too. But if something is more inflammatory than it is probative or 'worthy' it's oftentimes rejected.

They are way out in the boonies -- they may not have any county trash pick up service or may not want to pay for private pick-up, or it is not available, so they burn their trash -- lotsa country folk do. Chica de la ciudad!!
icon12.gif

It had been very dry there in that area at that time, so the trash prolly piled up until it was okay to burn it -- what's with that old suitcase? Stains? Hmmm

Oh!! You have a new picture!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member