GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There must be a reason that they can't/won't call KB as a defense witness since they are trying so hard to get her info admitted through other witnesses. I am not a lawyer either so not sure why. Sure seems like LE did a great job putting the pieces of the puzzle together so quickly. It allowed them to find & collect evidence that could have been lost if not found quickly. Also helped that GH & LA were either not so smart or were overly confident in their plan & convinced LA's body would never be found.

I well remember how amazed I was that the Raleigh LE folks got the TX LE folks involved in the creek search so quickly. The cell phone pro with the Raleigh PD who testified yesterday is the one who got the coordinates from the phone pings and discovered Grant's phone was in TX. Hurrah for him!

I just had to let you all know (with her permission) that while in Walmart tonite,at midnite, in the spaghetti aisle, I GOT TO MEET AND TALK TO Chevon, I recognized her from the trial (online).

All I could do for a few minutes was hold her,and cry .
Iwill be in touch with her and will hopefully be going with her to sentencing.

I invited her to join here and I hope she does.
She is a beautiful woman that loved Laura , as soon as I spoke to her I felt that from deep within her.

NC STATE, please do not let us down!!

I well remember how amazed I was that the Raleigh LE folks got the TX LE folks involved in the creek search so quickly. The cell phone pro with the Raleigh PD who testified yesterday is the one who got the coordinates from the phone pings and discovered Grant's phone was in TX. Hurrah for him!

It was the best cell-phone testimony, EVER! IIRC, they were able to zoom in on the sister's house due to the GPS coordinates on the smart phone.

Texas, swamp... dump site! Keys to the case with the doors left unlocked.

As Hayes sits confidently at the defense table, thinking he's a real "player" and smirks, I think he's certainly not all that! I don't think the jury will "bond" with him at all.

I've managed to do a lot of catching up, thanks to the archives at WRAL. I'm up to the middle of day 2 and things are making a lot more sense to me. My o' my! That guy sure lies a lot! My heart goes out to Laura's friends who testified. They both gave a good sense of who Laura was.

I just had to let you all know (with her permission) that while in Walmart tonite,at midnite, in the spaghetti aisle, I GOT TO MEET AND TALK TO Chevon, I recognized her from the trial (online).

All I could do for a few minutes was hold her,and cry .
Iwill be in touch with her and will hopefully be going with her to sentencing.

I invited her to join here and I hope she does.
She is a beautiful woman that loved Laura , as soon as I spoke to her I felt that from deep within her.

NC STATE, please do not let us down!!

Oh this is so nice! I'm glad you expressed to her how many folks were pulling for Larua and I will keep my fingers crossed that she will join us here on WS.

Oh!! You have a new picture!

Yes, always one of my favorite movies -- since I am old & gray....

Patty McCormack as Rhoda -- The Bad Seed. I watched that with my parents & they both agreed that I looked a lot like her -- made me mad!!! (But I did look a lot like her!!)

Yes, always one of my favorite movies -- since I am old & gray....

Patty McCormack as Rhoda -- The Bad Seed. I watched that with my parents & they both agreed that I looked a lot like her -- made me mad!!! (But I did look a lot like her!!)

Great movie!

Whatup' with the camera guy? They're displaying exhibits on the big screen, and he's focused on the investigator. Grrr.

This CSI is so good! She's given a very good account of the search and recovery of the remains and items seized. She's so necessary to establish chain of custody.

What I'm eagerly awaiting are the people with the test results and the ME and other medical testimony.

I know, I know--it makes me mad too. But if something is more inflammatory than it is probative or 'worthy' it's oftentimes rejected.

Yeah, Judge Stephens didn't want the jury looking at near-duplicate pics of the body/body parts -- of course this was brought up by the defense. The DT always objects, and the judge usually denies the objection out of hand, but here he did look at the pics & found a couple that did look very similar. The jury is still gonna get lots of ga-ross pics. Can you imagine???

Good Morning all. I had unexpected company at 9:30am. Not the best way to start my morning but thank goodness I had just had my shower.
I see the TX evidence tech is still on the stand. I got back on here when they were doing the last cooler. I hope I didn't miss much. I think she is good--so far I have been impressed with her.

Good morning everyone. I am chained to my desk today at work. I can pop in every now and then. If anyone is so inclined, will you post who is testifying and summarize it a little, pretty please? Thank you! :)

A few screenshots I grabbed this morning while peeking in.

Opening one of the coolers from evidence

30uw9yb.png

Same cooler from evidence

1z1cly9.png

Opening the machete from evidence

154ucz8.png

Machete from evidence

2hgd5jb.png

Please, somebody in the courtroom, take pity on poor GH. During the film of the grounds, etc., he looks bored to death. Somebody give him a book to read, an IPAD, or some paper scored for writing music or lyrics. He may just fall asleep -- he's dressed for it, IMO -- from sheer boredom.

It breaks my heart the courtroom is so empty :(

wioknm.png

Please, somebody in the courtroom, take pity on poor GH. During the film of the grounds, etc., he looks bored to death. Somebody give him a book to read, an IPAD, or some paper scored for writing music or lyrics. He may just fall asleep -- he's dressed for it, IMO -- from sheer boredom.

Does he still have on his revolutionary war long johns today?

I had a long phone call during the video that was played. This morning just isn't working out for me to watch this trial. I couldn't help but notice how pretty the evidence tech's facial structure is as she was standing there with Boz while watching the clip. She also has a very nice voice.

It breaks my heart the courtroom is so empty :(

wioknm.png

I may be wrong but I think that white haired man sitting behind the prosecutors is LA's father. It breaks my heart, too, that there are not very many people there in support of her. I don't care about him and his supporters--bet he thought his fan base from the Research Triangle area was going to show up in busses. Haaaa, haaa, so happy they didn't.

Ok, this is a thing that was testified to yesterday but nobody on here mentioned it. The camera at the creek captured AH dumping the acid out. Is that correct? Did the testimony elaborate any further about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003