GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaskins gets under my skin. I wouldn't want to be a juror in this case.This lawyer would make it challenging for me to be impartial.

Has anyone heard from NCeast?
I am surprised she still has not shown up.
Hope she is OK.

Morning geevee!
This morning's session doesn't have my complete attention. Kinda boring IMO. I doubt you missed anything interesting.

At least Boz got through with the rest of the trash evidence identification, he didn't seem too pleased when judge interrupted him at the end of yesterday's session.

Gaskins is hard to pay attention to, so plodding and slooow.

Okay, so let me see if I am understanding Amanda's defense thus far. Laura trips in the apartment and Grant does not want the boys seeing EMS help her, so Grant loads them up in the Durango and drops them off at ChickfilA to eat. Amanda and the kids stay there for 30 minutes or so and eat. Grant comes back and picks them up and tells Amanda that Laura left on her own accord. The kids and Amanda go to bed or whatever. Meanwhile, Laura is in the bathroom? Or are they suggesting that he went and moved the body while they were at ChickfilA in that 30 minute time period?

Has anyone heard from NCeast?
I am surprised she still has not shown up.
Hope she is OK.

I heard from her the other day, she's laid up with a back injury and can't sit at the computer, hopefully once she's more mobile she'll be able to join us. I know how long she's waited for this trial and wanted to sit in on some of the testimony at the courthouse, life just seems to have a way of knocking you down at the least opportune time. :(

OK I found the obit for Nicky Smith.
He died at his home, so unless it was in a pool, he did not drown.
So which of her husbands DID drown? *yikes*

I will post some of the obit, unsure whether I am allowed to link it not..

Nicky Smith
Published: Sunday, October 15, 2000

Services for Nicky Mel Smith, 41, of Inks Lake will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Trinity Church in Lubbock with the Rev. Rick Harper officiating.

Services are under the direction of Resthaven Funeral Home.

He died Wednesday, Oct. 11, 2000, at his home.

He was born Dec. 11, 1958, in Lubbock and was raised in Olton. He owned and operated Valley Ag Electric. He married Amanda Elmer on March 19, 1998.

Survivors include his wife; a son, Chris of Lubbock; a daughter, Crystal of Olton; his parents, William Jr. and Geneva of Olton; a brother, Ricky of Olton; a sister, Kelli of Olton; a grandmother, Eloyce of Olton; and a stepdaughter, Sha Elmer.

The family suggests memorials to the Christopher Reeves Paralysis Foundation, 500 Morris Ave., Springfield, N.J. 07081.

Okay, so let me see if I am understanding Amanda's defense thus far. Laura trips in the apartment and Grant does not want the boys seeing EMS help her, so Grant loads them up in the Durango and drops them off at ChickfilA to eat. Amanda and the kids stay there for 30 minutes or so and eat. Grant comes back and picks them up and tells Amanda that Laura left on her own accord. The kids and Amanda go to bed or whatever. Meanwhile, Laura is in the bathroom? Or are they suggesting that he went and moved the body while they were at ChickfilA in that 30 minute time period?

Didn't Amanda have Sha take the kids to Monkey Joe's for the entire day?

This cross is laughable, that is why I am over hear laughing so much. :lol:

Asking the Sergeant about a women's size 3 pants, like the Sgt. is an expert in women's clothing.

Nicky Smith

Services for Nicky Mel Smith, 41, of Inks Lake will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Trinity Church in Lubbock with the Rev. Rick Harper officiating.

He was born Dec. 11, 1958, in Lubbock and was raised in Olton. He owned and operated Valley Ag Electric. He married Amanda Elmer on March 19, 1998.

Survivors include his wife; a son, Chris of Lubbock; a daughter, Crystal of Olton; his parents, William Jr. and Geneva of Olton; a brother, Ricky of Olton; a sister, Kelli of Olton; a grandmother, Eloyce of Olton; and a stepdaughter, Sha Elmer.

The family suggests memorials to the Christopher Reeves Paralysis Foundation, 500 Morris Ave., Springfield, N.J. 07081.

My understanding is, he hit his head while diving, went into a coma and died later. Amanda took care of him while he was bed-ridden. I may be wrong, but that's what I read.

Nicky Smith

IIRC, he suffered a diving/swimming accident which paralyzed him. He probably died from complications from the accident down the road. This would not be unusual, especially if he was a quadriplegic. Had the same set of circumstances with a Jr. Hi. friend way back when.

Nicky Smith

I recall his death was ~a year after a "swimming accident." There was DOA report which someone (Irish Eyes, was it you?) found in online records (great sleuthing!), i.e., authorities were dispatched to his home where he was dead. I'm pretty sure this info was posted somehere in the original Laura Ackerson thread.

Who the heck drowned???

Sha or someone said on day 1 or 2 one of her exes had drowned.

This case and this woman....ARGHHHH!

That sounds about right, Surfie -- BUT there is a big flaw in this story (not your flaw, of course, but Grant's). IIRC, the bathroom in question is the one that was used by GH & AH. So where did poor AH go to brush her teeth, etc. before bed?? Did GH hide the body (as you ask) AND bleach down and undress that bathroom during that time? Methinks a big fat NO.

Maybe he'll tell the court all about it.
icon10.gif

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Break till 11:25amEST.

Are we on break? I'm having trouble with buffering on my laptop. Came back here to no feeds!

I heard from her the other day, she's laid up with a back injury and can't sit at the computer, hopefully once she's more mobile she'll be able to join us. I know how long she's waited for this trial and wanted to sit in on some of the testimony at the courthouse, life just seems to have a way of knocking you down at the least opportune time. :(

Thanks Geevee.
If you hear from her again tell her hurry up and get better, we miss her.

When the defense presents its case......GROAN. I am imagining the slow talking, droning.

Are we on break? I'm having trouble with buffering on my laptop. Came back here to no feeds!

Yes, break till about 11:20.
I am having probs with the feeds today too. WRAP is freezing, ABC is dropping, and WAT just won't load at all... frustrating day so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member