GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bft7QT1CAAAy8m5.jpg

https://twitter.com/wralKellyG/status/431073709671993345/photo/1

Oooooh, was that blonde woman in the gallery Karen B? Wondering if they will save her testimony for the end this time...

Did they show this in court yesterday? I missed some of the afternoon session, still catching up.

If so, did they show what is happening AFTER she gets her order?
It always bothered me that she had the baby in her arms and not a carry/car seat.
Like HOW is she going to carry a baby, a purse, corral two toddlers AND carry food for 3-4 people????

PS- Hi Irish :seeya: glad the snow is letting you join us today. Love your avatar :)

PPS- Sorry you are sick Island, seems like everyone is these days :(. Feel better soon!

Morning All,
I'd forgotten about her bleached pants being in the trash, how will her DT explain that one, didn't Sha claim her mum & her were allergic to bleach?

Did they show this in court yesterday? I missed some of the afternoon session, still catching up.

If so, did they show what is happening AFTER she gets her order?
It always bothered me that she had the baby in her arms and not a carry/car seat.
Like HOW is she going to carry a baby, a purse, corral two toddlers AND carry food for 3-4 people????

PS- Hi Irish :seeya: glad the snow is letting you join us today. Love your avatar :)

PPS- Sorry you are sick Island, seems like everyone is these days :(. Feel better soon!

She and the kids sat down to eat inside Chick-Fil-A. Then they left, presumably with GH's meal.

Morning All,
I'd forgotten about her bleached pants being in the trash, how will her DT explain that one, didn't Sha claim her mum & her were allergic to bleach?

Yes, margaret, you're right -- when Sha was being questioned about the bleach smell, she said she was surprised at the odor since bleach gave her & her mom migraines.

Gaskins just asked the witness "sorry, there are a lot of numbers around here...are you able to lay your hands on the items seized from Amanda Hayes?" And then he said Boz could probably find it. Boz scoffed and the judge said, "Oh come on, help us out if you can."

Gaskins is a real piece of work! He won't do his own job, wants everyone else to clerk for him.

Cross exam now of the witness by Def Atty Gaskins. He's making a couple of little points -- the only thing about listening to him that I enjoy is hearing his little pieces of what we call a "high-tider" accent. It is that special sound you hear when words with "ou" in them are spoken -- such as thousand, sound, around, etc. You also hear it from some folks in Richmond, VA.

Gaskins is the son of a fisherman and grew up on Hatteras Island -- where "high-tiders" have lived for several generations. When two older high-tiders are talking to each other, you can hardly understand what they say. It's straight from ye olde England.

Thus ends the linguistics lesson for the day.
icon6.gif

I wonder if the death of Nicky Smith, AH's second (or third) husband was considered suspicious and investigated?

I wonder if the death of Nicky Smith, AH's second (or third) husband was considered suspicious and investigated?

I wonder that as well, would love to know what his cause of death was.

Good Morning all. This atty is making me cringe. He seems to think each witness did the whole investigation.

A couple of us wondered about that a while back. I searched for news clippings, etc. At the time I think some of the main case players social media were still public and you could see who their friends were. I even was able to do an address search at one time for first response calls made during that time to that home address.

There was nothing I found that would make me think that it was ever considered in any way suspicious, and there is nothing to make me think it is being re-looked at in light of current events.

Good Morning all. This atty is making me cringe. He seems to think each witness did the whole investigation.

Amen to that!

He also seem to think he is the Skipper and Boz is his Gilligan.
Do your own dang work, I wish Stephens would talk to him about not knowing his own exhibit numbers:maddening:

This is the first I recall of hearing Grant went to "The Black Flower" on the night/early morn of the 14th (about 1:30 am?).
It is a bar in Raleigh.

A couple of us wondered about that a while back. I searched for news clippings, etc. At the time I think some of the main case players social media were still public and you could see who their friends were. I even was able to do an address search at one time for first response calls made during that time to that home address.

There was nothing I found that would make me think that it was ever considered in any way suspicious, and there is nothing to make me think it is being re-looked at in light of current events.

If I recall correctly, it was a diving accident.

I wonder that as well, would love to know what his cause of death was.

Isn't he the one who drowned?
On day 1 or 2 one of the witness' (Sha, I think. She probably said "Whenever he had drowned....) said Amanda had a husband who drowned, pretty sure it was him.

Good Morning WS Friends !!!!
Court starting on time!

'Morning Chelly & all, I'm a little late again, did I miss anything?

AH is just spooky-eyes, no?

I wonder if AH regrets choosing Gaskins as her attorney. I believe she fired her court-appointed lawyer.

'Morning Chelly & all, I'm a little late again, did I miss anything?

AH is just spooky-eyes, no?

Morning geevee!
This morning's session doesn't have my complete attention. Kinda boring IMO. I doubt you missed anything interesting.

Attention Please!

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Please also stay on topic and only post photos etc having to do with this trial and this defendant.

tia
fran
:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics