GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the Prosecution has something STRONG to bring this afternoon... they are going to need to overshadow any doubt that was just caused by that testimony.

Now, don't shoot me, but I don't feel bad for the sister at all. She is an accessory after the fact. How come she didn't RUN to the police after the conversation with AH about "I hurt her bad"? Nope, no sympathy from me. She allowed the couple to drive off into the sunset with children in tow. Children of the mom they had murdered. Pffft.

I agree to an extent... but also with people that are in shock or suffering PTSD, logic doesn't always prevail. When you have just had 2 cold blooded killers in your home, with your children, and one is your sister who was like a daughter to you, there is no logic... I've seen people that were perfectly upstanding citizens who wouldn't break the law completely dismantle in shock. I'm not saying what she should or shouldn't have done, but what she had just been through wasn't something that even completely adjusted people can handle... much less someone that was grieving her mother's death, and dealing with possibly an already rocky marriage, and living in the real life location of deliverance :scared:

Oh would like to know what was written on that piece of paper Amanda's attorney just handed to her sister Karen after the jury left.

Is note passing allowed? I remember it became an issue in the Arias trial!

Now, don't shoot me, but I don't feel bad for the sister at all. She is an accessory after the fact. How come she didn't RUN to the police after the conversation with AH about "I hurt her bad"? Nope, no sympathy from me. She allowed the couple to drive off into the sunset with children in tow. Children of the mom they had murdered. Pffft.

The only sympathy I had for her today was that she appeared to be in great pain with her back. I want to know more about this 911 call AH made on Dalton's phone. If it showed up on his phone that means the number was dailled. Where's the proof of that, word of mouth isn't good enough. Are there phone records to verify that number was dailled?

Oh would like to know what was written on that piece of paper Amanda's attorney just handed to her sister Karen after the jury left.

It probably went something like:

Karen-
I will try to forgive you for what you just did to me on the stand. Our mama would turn over in her grave if she knew how you have hurt me, thereby hurting my children in the process by depriving them if their mother. But I will attempt forgiveness.

My commissary account balance is zero. You could try to make things up to me slightly by depositing money in my account. I am suffering so much and it's all because of you. It's the least you could do for me.

- A

I agree to an extent... but also with people that are in shock or suffering PTSD, logic doesn't always prevail. When you have just had 2 cold blooded killers in your home, with your children, and one is your sister who was like a daughter to you, there is no logic... I've seen people that were perfectly upstanding citizens who wouldn't break the law completely dismantle in shock. I'm not saying what she should or shouldn't have done, but what she had just been through wasn't something that even completely adjusted people can handle... much less someone that was grieving her mother's death, and dealing with possibly an already rocky marriage, and living in the real life location of deliverance :scared:

Karen may also have been fearful of what Grant might do to her if she didn't cooperate with their scheme. However, that is really no excuse for her not to contact police if she had the opportunity. Clearly she and her sons were complicit.

Yeah.... no. PTSD is indeed real and intense. But Karen does not have PTSD --- she was just covering for her sister. I can believe she was scared... for like 20 minutes.

Did they break for lunch yet? Aren't they running long?

As far as Karen's testimony....the difference between her with the DA and Gaskin was apparent. With that said, as a jury member I would focus on what she reluctantly said with the DA and dismiss a lot of her testimony with Gaskin. Her conflict and reluctant admissions to the events are more credible with the DA. Also, I understand the horrible position she found herself in...but by her own admission she had suspicion on Tues. and I can't imagine putting your OWN children and those little children in danger with people you suspect have committed a murder. Seems to me her own safety and her own children plus 3 young children should have been her priority. I think she was trying to help them and knows more but has since become evasive to protect herself not necessarily Amanda once the gig was up and the police landed on her doorstep.

Here comes the "look me in the eye and tell me the truth" testimony.

I do feel for Karen though. I could imagine trying to "talk myself" out of believing what I just experienced. Imagine how surreal those few days must have been. This is her sister, someone she helped to rear from childhood. I would be second-guessing myself, my parenting skills, my other children, and my whole entire existence if it were me. How exactly do you wrap your brain around it?

Amanda somehow knew her sister wouldn't rat her and Grant out, and that's why they chose to go there.

I think Karen's testimony now is somewhat different than at GH's trial.

Nothing can unring the very clear and loud bell of KB, "she told me Laura was dead and she did it."

That right there is enough to convict.

Of *course* KB figured out what was going on. She was playing dumb. She "didn't want to know." Well, she knew. I'd put money on it!

The consensus on twitter is that KB lied on the stand for her sister today. If her DT calls KB to the stand for their case-in-chief, is Gaskins handing a note to KB from AH tampering with a witness?

Right in court? with the jury in?

I don't like that. Not cool Mr Gaskins.

Jury was already out.
Amanda was whispering to Gaskins (at one point put her hand on his shoulder, I really noticed THAT), then handed him a note which looked like it was a folded up post-it. Gaskins then walked it over to Karen in the gallery.

PS- Her hand on his shoulder...I know I should not make much out of it, but it seems to me she is the type that uses what feminine wiles she still has left to get what she wants out of men. Just MOO.

As far as Karen's testimony....the difference between her with the DA and Gaskin was apparent. With that said, as a jury member I would focus on what she reluctantly said with the DA and dismiss a lot of her testimony with Gaskin. Her conflict and reluctant admissions to the events are more credible with the DA. Also, I understand the horrible position she found herself in...but by her own admission she had suspicion on Tues. and I can't imagine putting your OWN children and those little children in danger with people you suspect have committed a murder. Seems to me her own safety and her own children plus 3 young children should have been her priority. I think she was trying to help them and knows more but has since become evasive to protect herself not necessarily Amanda once the gig was up and the police landed on her doorstep.

At that time I don't think Karen wanted to face what had happened so she closed her eyes (her mind) down until with time she was forced to hear more and more confirming her worst fear. I think when someone is that wrapped up in denial she wouldn't remove her kids because at that point she is refusing to believe it.

Candace Rowland.

KB's daughter and Amanda's niece. They are of similar ages.

Jury was already out.
Amanda was whispering to Gaskins (at one point put her hand on his shoulder, I really noticed THAT), then handed him a note which looked like it was a folded up post-it. Gaskins then walked it over to Karen in the gallery.

PS- Her hand on his shoulder...I know I should not make much out of it, but it seems to me she is the type that uses what feminine wiles she still has left to get what she wants out of men. Just MOO.

Thanks for the info Nymeria!! I still think the note could have been given outside the courtroom.

Amanda needs to watch that hand on the shoulder move. If she is trying to pull the little ole me beaten down and controlled by men over and over again speil. Laying your hand on someone's shoulder is a controlling move imo.

Someone pass the judge a note and tell him his operation was on the wrong nostril.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734