GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think she will take the stand but I would give up an anatomical part IF I had one.

they will NOT be calling GH as a witness, but they (defense) are trying to get in a tape that supposedly will show GH being crazy. But it's not admissible without GH taking the stand and may not be able to come in (per Judge).

:eek::scared::eek:

ETA- Just the idea of watching GH again, whether on the stand, on video at Police Station...

Def wants to play a segment of Grant Hayes interrogation tape in court to show state of mind.

DENIED. (tape not coming in at this point). Doesn't prove state of mind since it was taken 10 days after the murder and does not follow rules of evidence per Judge. Judge said they can try again later if they can come up with why this tape is relevant and he'll look at the issue, but for now, NYET.

Judge says no playing Grant Hayes video.

And Detective Faulk will not be recalled since defense cannot introduce this tape through him.

I suspect that little exchange was put forth as a hollow argument for appeal.

1st defense witness: Mel Palmer, PI

Oh geez...he's starting with his history since age 17.

And he's easily in his late 60's now.

:waiting:
bang-your-head.gif

Judge Stephens sure uses the court time wisely. Other judges will start late, take long lunches, let the jury out early, etc. Not this judge. He manages his cases very well, IMO.

I would give anything for him to be relocated to AZ and take over the Arias trial!
I know it could never happen, but he would make those people get their *stuff* together and get it DONE.

I would give anything for him to be relocated to AZ and take over the Arias trial!
I know it could never happen, but he would make those people get their *stuff* together and get it DONE.

No doubt, he'd have her new jury deliberating inside of two weeks instead of the two months that's been projected. :facepalm:

Sherry Stephens (is that her name?) should have a brief "internship" with Judge Donald Stephens to learn how to conduct court matters.

Defense Counsel: "Somewhere up there, some place, there is a spreadsheet ..."

He doesn't sound like he's all there.

"Somewhere up there someplace is the spreadsheet..."

Goodness, Gaskins is a train-wreck. This is going to be a very painful defense case.

Who is this?

Mel Palmer, PI.

I think defense hired him to check out Durango.
This is where the knife is going to come in....I think?

I was hoping he was the one Amanda hired back in July 2011.

Gaskins *seriously* looks and sounds like the do-nothing dude I had to report to for the past 14 months. The guy would talk & talk & talk and say nothing. He's an IT Director who has zero computer or IT expertise.

At least Gaskins actually shows up to work most of the time. Until you've had to work for someone like this...OMG... so useless, and they paid big $$$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990