GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just realized WAT is lagging in time.

Whoever said that the judge's sniffles increase as his patience runs out is right!

This is kind of late in the trial for this sort of stuff. Grant Sr. and Patsy should have sent the letters sooner.

Why would his parents wait until the end of the trial to even mention these letters, much less fax them to the PT?

GH's daddy said he heard AH testifying about how terrified she was of Grant. AH had written letters (as recently as 2012) meant for GH, mailed them to the Hayes' home so they could read them over the phone to her beloved. They still had the letters and dropped the dime on Amanda this morning by faxing the letters to the PT.

Kind of ironic on Valentine's Day.

Why would his parents wait until the end of the trial to even mention these letters, much less fax them to the PT?

Strange, isn't it? Maybe they just thought of them///found them? I know the parents must want AH to be found just as guilty as their son so maybe they are finally getting on board.
Did the father testify at all during this trial?

State better call the Hayes' in rebuttal now.
These letters need to be shown/heard.

They need to call patsy Hayes!

Amen Boodles....was just posting that.
Sometimes I wish Judge Stephens was not so fair.... No, not really,but I want those letters admitted.

They would also possibly help GH in his appeal. They were protecting their son???

It bit the elder Grants in the behind. But, it would have helped the prosecution in this case, just in case a juror believed Amanda's cockamamie testimony.

I have to laugh because in every murder trial I've ever seen the viewing audience is always curious about what the defendant is writing on their pad of paper as if it somehow unusual for the defendant to be writing on a piece paper. I mean, who knows? It could be doodles, it could be notes on things other witnesses are saying. Almost every defendant in every criminal case can be seen writing stuff on paper during their trial. No big whoop.

Will the defendant's own ego and inability to keep her mouth shut be her undoing with her letter's to Grant (via his parents)?

That would be extra nice :)

The only reason would be to influence the outcome because they do not see things going in the direction they want.

Kelly Gardner (WRAL) ‏@wralKellyG 4m

State says it now intends to call Grant Hayes' mother to testify about alleged love letters from #AmandaHayes.

I liked how the judge told them at least "someone" at your table knew about these letters (meaning AH). LOL

Kelly Gardner (WRAL) ‏@wralKellyG 4m

State says it now intends to call Grant Hayes' mother to testify about alleged love letters from #AmandaHayes.

Oh boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member