GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing the jury could possibly be thinking of (just want to play neutral for one minute...LOL), is that if it was pre-planned, why didn't they get the saw and the things like plastic, bleach, and stuff, before Laura got to the apartment.

But they have to remember Boz's words that premeditation doesn't mean planning months or weeks or days in advance...it just requires that they thought about what they were doing (killing her) before they actually killed her.

There is evidence of that - Laura coming mid-week, Grant's idea for mid-week visit, note written ahead of time, etc..

So maybe Amanda was telling the truth when she told Bearkat or Baraket or whatever the name was, that they didn't plan for it to happen that way.

Maybe, initially, they only planned to strangle her - no blood involved.

Maybe something happened, and they had to stab her, or just decided to stab her (change of plans).

Blood involved.

Throw her in the bathtub.

Couldn't take her out b/c scared of blood getting places where investigators would find it.

So they decided they had to cut her up and put her in coolers, in order to contain the evidence.

I am thinking maybe the jury is stuck on this pre-meditation aspect of it.

If they can just get around planning the "perfect" crime. There is other evidence that it was pre-planned.

BBM

omg aa! I was thinking the same thing for the past several days. AH has those "crazy eyes". I can't remember what the actual medical term that is used for them is, but she has them.

I even had a post typed up this morning with links to pictures of her to compare. Then our SonicWall at work updated & I lost the post..... :banghead:

It was amazing the difference in her eyes from when she & GH were dating/early married to when they were arrested. Now it's even worse, imo.

Crazy eyes.....and baby voice, now there's a combination!

BTY....I thought Marilyn Monroe's mannerisms were ridiculous....set women back 100 years, but hey, look how many men fell for that!! Yuck.

Did they happen to notice if the linen closet looked like it was not well stocked? (like missing items)
I have to think I would stack thick towels and maybe a couple thick comforters underneath a body to cushion the blade once it got through flesh and bone.

Sorry that is nasty to think about, but I would definitely pad up an area underneath whatever I was going to saw through.

Here is a short video of a man demonstrating a skil reciprocating saw. I don't think it's the exact model of the one Grant - AND Amanda used, but it's interesting at the end he recommends using ear protection.

Didn't Amanda tell Grant in one of her love letters that he should try "ear plugs" to meditate? Coincidence, I think not! :facepalm:
Reciprocating Saws Video - YouTube

Hmmmmmm....I was wondering about that. Because the jury did want to hear it. Yesterday, the jury passed the saw around to each jury member and then they also passed the box the saw came in. (Warnings to wear earplugs could have been on the box.) I didn't see anyone read the writing on the box, although, they could have done that on a previous occasion.

Did they happen to notice if the linen closet looked like it was not well stocked? (like missing items)
I have to think I would stack thick towels and maybe a couple thick comforters underneath a body to cushion the blade once it got through flesh and bone.

Sorry that is nasty to think about, but I would definitely pad up an area underneath whatever I was going to saw through.

Or perhaps a rug?

that went missing.........

When Sha testified, she commented on the sparseness of towels in that bathroom's linen closet. She said that until the day she was back at the apartment to meet the buyer of the sofa, there were always towels on the shelves.

Great idea Chad to put up "Jury has ?" sign so we know exactly what is going on!!

When I walked out of the room with the 'Deliberation' sign up I wondered if there might be a 'Verdict' sign if the judge plans to give extra time for everyone to get in the courtroom and seated, I come back in and see Chad's new sign, love it. lol

The very fact that Grant lured Laura to the apartment that day on the pretext of seeing the boys shows premeditation on his part. I'm sure he and Laura had a discussion about that and how they would kill her.

Smart, but not smart enough. They probably never thought through how to get rid of the body. They may have thought originally to wrap her in the rug and haul her out while Amanda was out with the boys. Reality was that Grant couldn't get her body down the stairs and then the dismemberment part came in. Grant did the shopping and Amanda was left to figure out what to do with the boys. The baby was too young to be a potential witness. In the end, the rug had to be tossed after the failed attempt to remove the body. Oh, and let's not forget that Laura's car couldn't have been large enough to secrete body rolled in the carpet anyway.

Chad, please turn up the mics...I don't have external speakers today!!!

I hope it' snot a question that results in an Allen charge to the jury.......

ack!

I can't turn up the volume, boss came back early (but technically on time) from lunch.

Someone LMK what happens!

:panic:

Good Morning all. :)
Got here just when the Jurors had a question!
Hope they are near the end.

I bet they are just going to lunch. They seem to like to be on time for that! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l