GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A long time ago I took a semester of stenography (i.e. court reporting) and learned the Sten-Ed language at that time (one of several steno language theories). I got up to the super fast rate of ummm 30 words a min. (lol). Court reporters have to reach consistently tested speeds of over 250 wpm.

I went out with a real court reporter during a private civil gig at the CFO of Quintile's house to observe a deposition where she was the reporter. I discovered during that session I was *much* more interested in the lawyers questions/arguments/objections than anything to do with taking down what they were saying and if anything I should be a lawyer and not a stenographer. (I like to argue).

So that was the end of my 'stenography' experiment. It really is a completely separate language and you have to train your fingers and brain as it's completely different than regular QWERTY typing. Interesting and unique but not the right fit for me.

This is what I think of this situation: it's like in school, sometimes you would have to do something that you were kind of "unsure" of the whole process, etc.. So you start it, you think, oh well, this is kind of easy. Is it supposed to be this easy? You have a hard time believing it can be this simple, b/c you had already built it up in your mind as being something complicated. So you kind of just do it, but you keep waiting for your teacher to come by and "confirm" that you're doing it right. Because until then, you're not really sure in your mind if maybe it it's actually some complicated thing that you're just not getting.

I feel like, if in some completely hypothetical situation, they were able to talk to the Judge about it, and the Judge was like, it really is that simple. THey would be like, oh okay that's what we thought, but we weren't suuure.

My opinion about "It wasn't supposed to happen that way," is that the dismemberment was not planned. A few days prior to the murder, the antique hall tree was put on Craigslist and IIRC, the asking price was 2500.00. Apparently, it never sold, so they resorted to the MacBook and the sofa selling afterwards. Also, IIRC, the plan was to meet at Monkey Joes with the kids, but because Laura was running late, that didn't happen.

I don't know what the original plan was, but I do not think it was to drive to Texas. They were flat broke and about to move in with his parents.

Websleuthers hear a sound!View attachment 41135

OT That pic opened an old wound . Years ago the Animal Planet had a show (heck it may still be on) called Meerkat Manor. My fav was a little fellow named Shakespeare. One episode everyone was honky dory and the next Shakespeare was gone. No explanation was ever given. Now this show had upteen cameras showing all the burrows and all the activity of this family of Meerkats. They even had footage of dung beetles in the lairs doing what dung beetles do. So how the heck do they know down to the last dung beetle and have a Meerkat vanish? I was so upset I made a stink on their website and got closed down. I just asked something like were the camera crews eating too much fermented fruit to keep track of the little fur balls? Most of the Meerkats had transmittors of them. What good did that do lil Shakespeare? I never watched that show again. :(

The juror who worries me is the one who watches Murder She Wrote . I fear she fancies herself to be Jessica Fletcher and intends to "solve" this case ! Otherwise what is the HOLD UP ?

Still waiting in the courtroom for a verdict (Amanda WRAL)

Bg3IaGyIcAAFlR7.jpg

https://twitter.com/alamb/status/436225090087571456/photo/1

R they deliberating again? I think there will be a verdict soon! moo

I hope so too, but for selfish reasons. All nighters are killing me lol, I followed GH's trial & all of this one & I'd hate to miss the verdict live. Watching a replay just doesn't cut it for me.

My opinion about "It wasn't supposed to happen that way," is that the dismemberment was not planned. A few days prior to the murder, the antique hall tree was put on Craigslist and IIRC, the asking price was 2500.00. Apparently, it never sold, so they resorted to the MacBook and the sofa selling afterwards. Also, IIRC, the plan was to meet at Monkey Joes with the kids, but because Laura was running late, that didn't happen.

I don't know what the original plan was, but I do not think it was to drive to Texas. They were flat broke and about to move in with his parents.

Curious.
SURELY they didn't plan to knock her off at Monkey Joes.
Let's see. Perhaps while Laura was at Monkey Joes with the kids, Grant planned to go out and disable Laura's car. So, when she couldn't get her car started................

OT That pic opened an old wound . Years ago the Animal Planet had a show (heck it may still be on) called Meerkat Manor. My fav was a little fellow named Shakespeare. One episode everyone was honky dory and the next Shakespeare was gone. No explanation was ever given. Now this show had upteen cameras showing all the burrows and all the activity of this family of Meerkats. They even had footage of dung beetles in the lairs doing what dung beetles do. So how the heck do they know down to the last dung beetle and have a Meerkat vanish? I was so upset I made a stink on their website and got closed down. I just asked something like were the camera crews eating too much fermented fruit to keep track of the little fur balls? Most of the Meerkats had transmittors of them. What good did that do lil Shakespeare? I never watched that show again. :(

Animal Planet was dead to me when they cancelled "Escape to Chimp Eden".
I loved that show :tantrum:
Their programming is a joke these days, they should be ashamed. :snooty:

But if Amanda reacts in such a terrible way to bleach, then how could she have been in it up to her eyeballs in helping with the clean up?

iir, Sha states "that day when police picked me up and asked me questions, I immediately asked them if Laura was missing". I believe she knew intrinsically that something had happen to LA and (AND) she was seeking confirmation.

I have such a hard time understanding him. Sheesh. Break time.

Judge looks as confused as we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member