NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The only remorse she has is for herself. That is clear. But the jury didn't care about her coldness nor was that a factor they were to consider. They think she acted with malice but not premeditation. It's not an unreasonable verdict but it's not the one I was personally hoping for.

2nd degree murder here in NC, at some point about a year ago was SUPPOSED to become classified as a B1 Felony instead of a B2... which would have resulted in the minimum sentence being 19 years. I thought this had already changed but after today I guess not.

I'm offended by her attempt to show some form of remorse for sentencing. She still feels no remorse for LA today, it was very evident. I instantly recalled her demeanor at Chick-fil-ay just hours after LA's murder. How can someone be so calm & cold after what had happened.That is the real AH.

You are spot on, margaret!

2nd degree murder here in NC, at some point about a year ago was SUPPOSED to become classified as a B1 Felony instead of a B2... which would have resulted in the minimum sentence being 19 years. I thought this had already changed but after today I guess not.

I thought it was B1 felony. I'll recheck the statute I looked at. But, they would go by the law at the time the murder occurred. So, it's whatever was law at that time. I'm having trouble finding that.

This should be the chart for the time of the murder. The months are off though.
http://www.nccourts.org/Courts/CRS/Councils/spac/Documents/felonychart_12_01_09min_max_sentences.pdf

Before we all scatter to parts unknown, lets make a definite plan about the next trial. Abaroa here in NC? I am definitely going to be there.

So, we'll see everyone same bat-time, same bat-channel for Abaroa? I missed it the first time around.

I know this is a crazy request, but will one of you PM me if you don't see me for Abaroa?

I find myself in the Missing/Located/Missing but not forgotten portion of WS & sometimes forget to come down this far.

:loveyou:

Absolutely! We can't have another trial without you!

Before we all scatter to parts unknown, lets make a definite plan about the next trial. Abaroa here in NC? I am definitely going to be there.

:wave: Until then - see y'all! Have a good day!

So, we'll see everyone same bat-time, same bat-channel for Abaroa? I missed it the first time around.

He used to be halfway cute. He looks the part of a murderer now--you will not like him at all. I do love his name though.

I think someone said something about that, and it started in 2013. This crime happened in 2011 so it doesn't affect it.

I thought it was B1 felony. I'll recheck the statute I looked at. But, they would go by the law at the time the murder occurred. So, it's whatever was law at that time. I'm having trouble finding that.

This should be the chart for the time of the murder. The months are off though.
http://www.nccourts.org/Courts/CRS/Councils/spac/Documents/felonychart_12_01_09min_max_sentences.pdf

You are right... I keep forgetting it goes by the date the murder occurred. :facepalm:

When Boz is elected Wake Co. DA, maybe he can spearhead a movement to get all of these things corrected in the NC sentencing laws. He will definitely have recent, fist hand experience with the same disgust that we share.

WRAL: Tonight at 7 only @WRAL: @Alamb analysis on differences betw. Amanda, Grant Hayes trials. #AmandaHayes

LIFE in NC is not as valuable as in some other states. Amanda was convicted of 2nd degree murder. Her sentence will only be 13 - 16 years with time served immediately lobbed off. There are other factors that will determine how much less time she will actually get lobbed off her sentence.

The average time a murderer in NC is less than 8 years.

I immediately thought of Shae and Lilly. Amanda will be free most likely before or just as Lilly is a teen.

I think the JURY got it wrong.

IMO, the jury got it wrong, and the State screwed up in the indictment. Sad, but I'm glad she got murder.

But the sentencing guidelines do suk. You murder someone and get out in 13 - 16 years? That's too lenient. Here's hoping somebody holds her to 16.4 years, and that the parole board is reminded of the way Laura's body was desecrated. Heck, I may track her and remind her parole board of this. There is no one in Laura's family except her dad to stand up for her.

And there is a wrongful death charge pending, too. I hope it hangs over her head forEVER.

I am very sorry to see that lying pays. :mad:

I think someone said something about that, and it started in 2013. This crime happened in 2011 so it doesn't affect it.

I think it was on or after 12/1/12. Still doesn't fit for this one, which really stinks. Just doesn't seem right. People pull more time for having pot than murder.

Now that Amanda has been convicted and sentenced, why not come watch the Brandon Daniel (He shot a police officer at Wal-Mart in Texas) capital murder trial, the state just started the defendant's interrogation tape.

Here is the link, http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235435&page=3

I will try to see you there.....and the other one that was mentioned a few moments ago. Is it the same case?
I will have to work hard the next few days to rid myself of the poundage I've gained this week on this trial.

She could have gotten a lesser conviction. In the meantime, you have no idea if she'll even make it to the age of 60 yrs old. She could die in prison. Those kids will be adults before she ever gets out.

Absolutely NO WAY! She didn't get a 20 yr sentence. I DETEST the way they give the sentence in MONTHS - sounds so impressive. DO THE MATH - she was given 13 - 16 years with time served lobbed off.

Oh, how I wish JS had given to her as he did Jason Young, didn't he just let JY have it before sentencing? That would have helped me accept this verdict, to see her really get it from JS.

Hayes convicted of second-degree murder in Laura Ackerson's slaying

Posted 3:19 p.m. today - 2/19/14
Updated 6 minutes ago

WRAL - Raleigh, NC

13331972-1392846626-640x360.jpg

Amanda Hayes

192254-Laura_Jean_Ackerson-300x225.jpg

Laura Jean Ackerson

Raleigh, N.C. — A Wake County jury found Amanda Hayes guilty of
second-degree murder Wednesday in the death of her husband's ex-girlfriend, Laura Ackerson, whose dismembered remains were found in a Texas creek nearly three years ago.

Read more:

http://www.wral.com/amanda-hayes-fo...in-laura-ackerson-s-july-2011-death/13409772/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back