NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Amanda looks relieved.

I saw her shaking her head back & forth. As if to say, "No".

ETA: She also had her lip turned up in disgust when I saw her shaking her head "no".

Disappointed, to say the least, but better than not guilty. Sounds like a compromise verdict, 2nd degree makes no sense to me at all. Ugh.

Better than it could have been...

Murder 2 is still really serious. Ann Miller took a 2nd degree plea for poisoning her husband and was sent away for 25 yrs.

I thought she was surprised, expecting NG in her warped mind.

Twenty years puts Amanda in her 60s. She will have a harder time hooking the next catch at that time.

Maybe they thought that Grant killed her (1st degree and premeditated it) and didn't inform Amanda as to the intent. Much better than accessory after the fact which I was kinda' expecting.

Minus time served? She will be out before she is 60. This SUCKS. She should never see the light of day.

She could have gotten a lesser conviction. In the meantime, you have no idea if she'll even make it to the age of 60 yrs old. She could die in prison. Those kids will be adults before she ever gets out.

Geeze, the judge read the foreman's name in court. So much for his privacy!

So I guess they didn't think that she pre-planned it. Does that mean they don't think Grant pre-planned it either? Does that mean they don't think this murder was pre-planned?

Well, okay. I am just glad they did NOT vote not guilty.

I saw her shaking her head back & forth. As if to say, "No".

ETA: She also had her lip turned up in disgust when I saw her shaking her head "no".

I saw that too, but when she looked at her female lawyer, she seems to do one of those "whew" actions.

M2. What does this mean, someone please translate their verdict for me? What do they think happened?

That she was there, that she participated, but was not fully responsible.
Thats how I take it, anyway.

I cannot believe that Gaskins worked his magic on this jury. That "life in prison" remark in his closing was effective.

Amanda shook her head no, but her lawyer shook her head yes ..?.. Doesn't he sentence her immediately?

She will not be able to raise Lily. She will be an adult when she gets out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy
Back