NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I may get thrown in there with her too MSA! I am not one of her fans but I would love to get some insight from her directly. And to check out which of her voices she may use to speak with me.
I am thinking the last 'news' that came out about M. Peterson was that the state WILL retry him. I hope they do it before he dies, the last time I saw news coverage of him he looked terrible--very old and frail. I was a bit surprised that they said they would retry him as I honestly thought it would go down to time served and just leave him alone because of the way he looks. I'm telling you, he looks 90 and is bent all over.

He does look terrible. I'm really surprised they're retrying him.

He mentioned in an interview his mother had severe rheumatoid arthritis (and I do believe he was telling the truth). I'm wondering if he doesn't have it also.

She will not be able to raise Lily. She will be an adult when she gets out.

And the elder Hayeses will have custody of GH-IV, GRH, and LH until each is 18 unless some other custody arrangement occurs before then. Bless their little, innocent, and trusting hearts. <smh>

I hope the g-parents are good folks, but I'm not sure that some Kinstonians will be kind to them. **Please know that this is no particular slur against Kinston that I wouldn't also attribute to my small NC hometown.** I know how small towns are. Many of us do, sadly.

bbm. Yes! Well said.

But I like that he did not acknowledge her little speech, just sent her off. In essence, he said that she should have got convicted of murder 1 and she lucked out.

Yes. I hope that's what he thinks.

And I do think from her expression that she had some hope she would get Not Guilty. So I guess I should be happy she's getting something.

I wish for once someone who had served on a jury of the case we were following would come on here and discuss it with us - people who actually know the caes and know the evidence in the case.

I know they, obviously, no necessity to do so.

But I'm sure some of them are curious and go online after a publicized case.

The people on here are so nice, we would never judge. We would be so happy they are just sharing their thoughts with us.

Anyway, wishful thinking!

Not quite the same thing but we followed a trial in NM last summer and the defense attorney's wife came on here and bantered back and forth with us for a few days. She was trying to convince us that her husband was a wonderful man--we thought otherwise--and the defendant was truly innocent--we thought otherwise. We killed her with sweetness and honey and then she finally disappeared. Weird.

I may get thrown in there with her too MSA! I am not one of her fans but I would love to get some insight from her directly. And to check out which of her voices she may use to speak with me.
I am thinking the last 'news' that came out about M. Peterson was that the state WILL retry him. I hope they do it before he dies, the last time I saw news coverage of him he looked terrible--very old and frail. I was a bit surprised that they said they would retry him as I honestly thought it would go down to time served and just leave him alone because of the way he looks. I'm telling you, he looks 90 and is bent all over.
Well, if you go, be sure to fill us in, kudos to you, that takes courage.

He may well die before a retrial, maybe that's what the state is hoping for, save a few bucks. I forget how much time has passed since his first trial. At least he went to prison for some time.

I just think this is kind of a terrible message, like: If you destroy the body and hide and clean the evidence and the murder scene well enough to where people can't figure out exactly what happened, then it will definately help you.

But I guess that's just the truth.

If both of them were directly involved in the killing, for example, one holding her while the other strangles or stabs her, and the body had been recovered, maybe there would be Amanda's DNA on Laura.

Or even better, the murder weapon could have had her DNA on it.

etc., etc..

It definately paid off for her that they cleaned up the place and destroyed the body.

I wish for once someone who had served on a jury of the case we were following would come on here and discuss it with us - people who actually know the caes and know the evidence in the case.

I know they, obviously, no necessity to do so.

But I'm sure some of them are curious and go online after a publicized case.

The people on here are so nice, we would never judge. We would be so happy they are just sharing their thoughts with us.

Anyway, wishful thinking!
You're being too nice, aa9511, I'm all about judgement! :floorlaugh:

However, if a juror came on the forum, I would definitely be interested in what they would have to say, and absolutely be courteous and hear them out. Nothing wrong with a good debate!

I would love to hear what went on inside that jury room, must have been hot in there:hot:

Well, if you go, be sure to fill us in, kudos to you, that takes courage.

He may well die before a retrial, maybe that's what the state is hoping for, save a few bucks. I forget how much time has passed since his first trial. At least he went to prison for some time.

I can google it but don't have but 1/2 a second. I think his trial was in 2003? So he served 10 years, and they were obviously very hard on him. He had only been in there about a month when he got beat up and was taken to the hospital. I found that somewhat funny.

You're being too nice, aa9511, I'm all about judgement! :floorlaugh:

However, if a juror came on the forum, I would definitely be interested in what they would have to say, and absolutely be courteous and hear them out. Nothing wrong with a good debate!

I would love to hear what went on inside that jury room, must have been hot in there:hot:

Oh lord, I almost forgot about a defense witness who testified in the Brad Cooper trial. Came on here with us the night of his testimony and made me sick. He had an ego about the same size as GH's. Seems like his presence on here with us that night was brought to the attention of the judge the next day but I can't remember what came of it, if anything.

Oh! And Texas should try her for dumping acid and illegally disposing of a body. And those sentences should be required to be served after her NC sentence.
Anything, anything, to add to this short prison sentence!

I wonder if she has any warrants out for not returning a movie to Blockbuster years ago? I just read about a woman who spent the night in jail for not returning a video! Nine years ago! She went into the police station to report a crime, and they arrested her for the outstanding warrant! :floorlaugh:

I can google it but don't have but 1/2 a second. I think his trial was in 2003? So he served 10 years, and they were obviously very hard on him. He had only been in there about a month when he got beat up and was taken to the hospital. I found that somewhat funny.

No, you're right, sentenced in 2003. He (or that evil owl) murdered Kathleen December, 2001. Released December, 2011.

Oh lord, I almost forgot about a defense witness who testified in the Brad Cooper trial. Came on here with us the night of his testimony and made me sick. He had an ego about the same size as GH's. Seems like his presence on here with us that night was brought to the attention of the judge the next day but I can't remember what came of it, if anything.

Omg. Crazy.

No worries, I can google him too, curious to see what he looks like. Yes, I heard he took a little heat, but I bet it was nothing like a fall down a flight of stairs.

http://www.wncn.com/story/24761202/jury-to-continue-deliberations-in-amanda-hayes-murder-trial

Don't know if this has been posted yet.

IT says 13-16 years, like everyone on here has been saying.

She's already served almost 3 years, correct? Just under.

So that brings it down to 10 years.

Someone on here said NC doesn't give good credit time or something like that.

So it should be around 10 years final.

Argh.

She'll be 51 by then, right? Still got a good 20-30 years left of her life if nothing happens to her.

Lily will be a teenager, she will live with her, get re-married (b/c we know she's gonna have no money). Soon she'll be rid of Lily and enjoying her life with her new money from her husband.

Aaaaaggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

No more pretty pink suits for AH for a while.

She got off easy.

Just watched it all. Really was glad the judge caught that at the end when the defense said that Laura and Amanda's roles could have been reversed if Amanda had met Grant first. That was pretty offensive IMO.

stay-on-topic_zps64b80efd.jpg
link

No, no, no, my own above post has me convinced she needed LIFE IN PRISON.

sob sob sob.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back