NC - Lennon Lacy, 17, football player found hanged, Aug 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I find this case very intriguing. So many questions. First of all, I do not see how this could be thought to be a lynching. Why would anyone care that this boys was dating an old crack addicted prostitute. It would make sense if she was a revered member of society that someone objected to being degraded by a black boy. (In another vein, this woman should be in jail for statutory rape.) Does this make sense? I am curious about the shoes. I could more likely see him murdered for his expensive shoes than a lynching would make sense. That said, were there any defensive wounds found on the boy? He was a strong healthy teenaged boy at his physical prime, a standout football player. I can't imagine him going down without a fight, let alone getting him up there to hang him. Makes no sense. I suppose a gun could have been used, but he would still fight, yell, scream, etc...and there were homes that would have heard anything. Those are mobile homes with thin walls.

Suicide seems much more likely. Funeral the day before. Troubled relationship ending the day before. Teenaged hormones raging. Saying he was out walking to "think." All signs point at suicide at this point, particularly if there is no evidence of a struggle, which I firmly believe this young man would have put up if he was being "lynched."

I suspect the FBI will investigate and agree with the ruling. I just don't understand how this has become a race issue where the NAACP needs to become involved. It's just further race-baiting in my opinion.

Hopefully the family will be satisfied as long as there's a thorough investigation at least. Even if the outcome is the same conclusion of suicide, it would have been a conclusion reached by investigation rather than assuming, the way the original LE investor seems to have been done!

Agreed, MzOpinion8d! I certainly hope so, too, since the lack of a thorough investigation in the first place is the real issue here. Rather than trying to reach a conclusion of whether it was or wasn't a suicide, I think we should be alarmed by the hasty means in which the death of a healthy young man was dismissed as a suicide. Every family, regardless of race or economic status, deserves a thorough investigation when the means of death is suspicious.

I find this case very intriguing. So many questions.
<snip>
I just don't understand how this has become a race issue where the NAACP needs to become involved. It's just further race-baiting in my opinion.
rsbm

A case where there are so many questions due to an insufficient investigation is exactly the type of case the NAACP should take up. Would a hasty conclusion have been reached if the hanged boy were from an affluent, white family? Of course not. Whatever your opinion of the NAACP or of Rev. Barber, it's hard to scoff at Barber's statement that all the family wants is a thorough investigation, no matter what the outcome of that investigation will be.

Respectfully, this is :moo:

In one of the links above (I couldn't find it), the alleged older girlfriend (she is living in Illinois now & claims LL was murdered) says that she saw someone on the porch with him late that night.

Has LE investigated this angle?

Who could this person be?

Very suspicious indeed!

rsbm

A case where there are so many questions due to an insufficient investigation is exactly the type of case the NAACP should take up. Would a hasty conclusion have been reached if the hanged boy were from an affluent, white family? Of course not. Whatever your opinion of the NAACP or of Rev. Barber, it's hard to scoff at Barber's statement that all the family wants is a thorough investigation, no matter what the outcome of that investigation will be.

Respectfully, this is :moo:
That is assuming a thorough investigation was not done. It sounds as if there was an autopsy and an investigation was done. And affluent white kids commit suicide all the time. And the FBI doesn't get involved in every case. JMO.

That is assuming a thorough investigation was not done. It sounds as if there was an autopsy and an investigation was done. And affluent white kids commit suicide all the time. And the FBI doesn't get involved in every case. JMO.

If you haven't read the links, you need to if you're at all interested. There was an autopsy, but no thorough investigation. ME was threatened for taking photos at the scene, the shoes that most likely didn't belong to Lennon were in the body bag with him when he left the scene yet had mysteriously vanished before he arrived for his autopsy. Some things don't add up. Maybe there is an explanation but they expected his family to accept the suicide explanation and let it go.

If you haven't read the links, you need to if you're at all interested. There was an autopsy, but no thorough investigation. ME was threatened for taking photos at the scene, the shoes that most likely didn't belong to Lennon were in the body bag with him when he left the scene yet had mysteriously vanished before he arrived for his autopsy. Some things don't add up. Maybe there is an explanation but they expected his family to accept the suicide explanation and let it go.

No mysterious vanishing of the shoes. Per the NAACP second town hall meeting & news conference the shoes are at the Bladenboro police dept.

No mysterious vanishing of the shoes. Per the NAACP second town hall meeting & news conference the shoes are at the Bladenboro police dept.

Thanks, I hadn't seen that (obviously!). Did it say if they're being tested for DNA?

Thanks, I hadn't seen that (obviously!). Did it say if they're being tested for DNA?

No. But I'm sure the FBI will get ahold of them & test if their evidentiary value hasn't already been compromised.

No news for months. Makes me wonder if the family has quietly accepted the suicide theory.

Sad. Hopefully will come here one day to see some justice for this family.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

In one of the links above (I couldn't find it), the alleged older girlfriend (she is living in Illinois now & claims LL was murdered) says that she saw someone on the porch with him late that night.

Has LE investigated this angle?

Who could this person be?

Very suspicious indeed!

I read it differently. I read it to be that a male friend came to her house to see her and Lacy wasn't on his porch when her visitor left.

If that is correct, Lacy could have been upset about her visitor.

I do agree that the investigation has weak spots and should have been more thorough before reaching a conclusion.

"Ms Brimhall said: 'It was a Thursday night. We did not see each other or talk to each other that day but I saw Lennon sitting on his front porch.

'A friend came over and when he left at about 12.30am Lennon was not sitting on his porch no more."

Thanks for these updates. Bummer that this hasn't really moved forward. But I was relieved to see those articles say that FBI is still investigating. I wonder how actively.

Those wrong size shoes are just too bizarre. And given his situation from what we've read, Lennon didn't seem likely to kill himself that night. I guess you never really know what's in someone's head, but I'll be shocked if this wasn't murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back