NC NC - Lumberton, WhtFem 15-20, UP1882, in cornfield near asphalt plant, Sz 6 sandals, clothes, Jun'78

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I also agree with previous suggestions that Teresa Gail Cupps is a very good candidate for this UID based on timeline, physical stats and recon.

She is still not listed as being ruled out. It would be worth submitting (or re-submitting).

1666954402493.jpeg1666954447766.jpeg

Last edited:
Thoughts on the following possible match?

Angela Ramsey
16 years old, 5'3, brown hair, from South Carolina but was last seen in Florida. While I am by no means a dentist, her picture does seem to show some sort of crowding of the teeth. Can't explain the timeline, but the poncho might be something from a warmer climate?

From the photo shown online, her teeth seem to have been in better condition than the decedent's....however, the other parameters seem to fit. And, she might have been hitch-hiking up I-95, and been picked up by a murderer...which would explain the location of the remains.

Bertha Gould has not yet been considered as a possibility for this JD. It is a bit of a stretch since the UID was found in NC and the other Hohenberger victims were found in LA. He was reported to have been in Florida at some point. Could he have fled to NC and then back to Tacoma between May 11th and May 31st?

The physical descriptions are not too far off. PMI is within range. Bertha would be on the low end of estimated age but still within range.

Bertha was reported to have been wearing blue jeans and a printed pullover style shirt which matches the UID clothing.

Jeans(blue) w/slightly ragged apparently cut-off bottoms; hooded shirt or sweater, knit type w/very short sleeves and horizontal colored stripes.

The short sleeved pullover knit sweater has a printed pattern on the front and not just stripes.

Just throwing this out there as something to consider. The photos below do have some similarities in facial structure and features.

1717374031092.jpeg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid