GUILTY NC - Lynn Jackenheimer, 33, murdered, Hatteras Island, 3 July 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am from Ashland and know the situation...this is not true at all...Ciara, while autistic, is very intelligent...she just words things different than the way we would interpret them...what she meant was in her eyes, he was nice to her so her mom would like him again...she had been waiting this whole time to get her chance to speak & when Nate was caught the family allowed her to...those are her thoughts, i assure you

Hi Snicky,
Absolutely no insult to Ciara at all! Sorry it came across that way - I know children sometimes repeat what they've overheard someone else say, that's all... :) I know 2 very intelligent autistic children and you're right, they just think and express themselves differently.

I'm so glad Ciara finally got to say what she thought - but I'm so sorry she and her brother are without their mom. :(

On a brighter note, Nate has been caught, and things are going to start happening, eh?
Looking forward to hearing all the details of his time on the run...

RIP Lynn

Authorities have not decided whether they will seek the death penalty against Nathan Summerfield.

A Dare County grand jury indicted Summerfield, 27, on Monday on a charge of first-degree murder for the July 3 death of Lynn Jackenheimer, his estranged girlfriend.

###

Dare County Chief Assistant District Attorney Nancy Lamb said Summerfield could be sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole if convicted. She said the death penalty might not apply.

"We can only do that if certain statutory, aggravating factors apply," Lamb said. "It's still a discretionary call."

###

No matter what the decision is, Summerfield's case will be pending for some time, Lamb said.

"It won't be this year," she said of the trial.

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com...ed-killing?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage

Deleted... Sorry, after realizing that the article was not MSM, I decided to delete the link. It was an informative article, but there are some VERY irrate people posting comments at the end.

I was thinking about this case today, and I wondered if anyone had been charged with aiding. I googled and found this article:

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2012/11/us_marshals_fugitive_task_forc.html

In August, the task force arrested fugitive Nathan Summerfield at a Wadsworth hotel after a nationwide search. He was accused of killing his former girlfriend Lynn Jackenheimer in North Carolina.

I do not see any other articles indicating that there were additional arrests though. Could someone have been arrested and the news did not catch it?

I still think there were people that helped him. :sigh:

MANTEO, N.C. — Authorities do not plan to seek the death penalty against the man suspected of killing an Ashland woman, according to published reports.

Nathan Summerfield is being held without bail in the Dare County Jail. He is charged with the murder of Lynn Jackenheimer, 33, who was last seen alive July 3, 2012. Her body was found July 14 on Hatteras Island, N.C.

Summerfield appeared in court Monday, according to the Outer Banks Voice.

“The state is not proceeding capitally in this case,” Assistant District Attorney Lauren Arizaga told Superior Court Judge J.C. Cole.

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com...s-won-t-seek-death-penalty-Nathan-Summerfield

http://medinagazette.northcoastnow....olina-delays-trial-ashland-man-murder-charge/

District Attorney Andrew Womble, whose office is handling the case, said Summerfield’s trial was delayed because the former district attorney, Frank Parrish, died in office. Womble, who was chief public defender at the time, was appointed to replace Parrish.

“So there was a conflict there, since I was Mr. Summerfield’s attorney for a short period,” Womble said. “So we got a special prosecutor — the former DA, H.P. Williams, from several years ago — to take the case instead.”

Womble said a hearing is set for Sept. 15 to take care of any motions brought before the court and a trial date should be set thereafter. “We’ll probably see the trial in the first parts of 2015,” Womble said.

http://outerbanksvoice.com/2014/12/13/suprise-hearing-set-for-monday-in-summerfield-murder-case/

A surprise hearing has been scheduled for Monday in the case of an Ohio man accused of stabbing and strangling the mother of his child in 2012 during a July Fourth vacation on Hatteras Island.

The Dare County Sheriff’s Office issued a brief press release Saturday announcing the hearing had been scheduled for 10 a.m. in Dare County Superior Court, but gave no other details.

Nathan Summerfield appeared in the courtroom just this past Tuesday to listen to legal motions related to his upcoming first-degree murder trial.

Plea deal in the works?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876
Back