GUILTY NC - Lynn Jackenheimer, 33, murdered, Hatteras Island, 3 July 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh My! Thank you for the post. Any local radio/tv reports of this? Per Google maps, Frisco is approx. 26 mi. from Salvo. Is this correct? Any locals here right now?

Sorry, Anonymous. I see now that you are a local.

BBM

It's ok, Perhaps. :)

The first link from the islandfreepress.org popped up in my FB newsfeed & my stomach just dropped. It looks like it hit our other 3 local news stations around the same time.

Yes, the mileage sounds about right.

I know Lynn needs to be found, but this is so sad. :please:

BBM

It's ok, Perhaps. :)

The first link from the islandfreepress.org popped up in my FB newsfeed & my stomach just dropped. It looks like it hit our other 3 local news stations around the same time.

Yes, the mileage sounds about right.

Thanks. Will you be watching your local late news? From what I've been able to find surfing around, LE is not yet saying whether the deceased is male or female. Wonder how long before an official ID will be made. My heart goes out to her family and friends. This has to be so painful for them to wait for word from LE.

Thanks. Will you be watching your local late news? From what I've been able to find surfing around, LE is not yet saying whether the deceased is male or female. Wonder how long before an official ID will be made. My heart goes out to her family and friends. This has to be so painful for them to wait for word from LE.

I've already missed the 10pm news, but I'll watch the 11pm news, yes.

That's correct, they haven't said male or female, only that they have a body.

I will say that finding a body in the tri-villages area is very rare. Crime stats for Dare County show 1 murder for every year 2002-2011 less 2010, which was 2.

http://crimereporting.ncdoj.gov/Reports.aspx

Here is the direct statement from the Dare County Sheriff's office:

On July 14, 2012, at approximately 4:30 pm, a call was received indicating a suspicious condition in the Frisco area of Hatteras Island.

Members of the Dare County Sheriff’s Office responded and found the body of a deceased person. The body has not been identified at this time and currently, we have no additional information. As more information becomes available, we will update the media accordingly.

Please be advised, at this point this is the only information we have available.

http://outerbanksvoice.com/2012/07/14/sheriffs-dept-statement-on-discovery-of-body/

While I suppose we knew that this was not likely going to end well, my thoughts and prayers are with Lynn's family this evening as they await the news of whether this is her. :(

I feel so awful for her family, her friends and worst of all her children. I hope they dont have to wait too long to I.D the person found today.

:banghead: where's nate

How long can he get by on 300 dollars? Is someone helping him? What kind of work does he do that he might be able to get work for cash under the table in small towns that haven't heard that LE are looking for him?

i'm not gonna say anything until i know for sure...we all here in Ashland love Lynn...this is so awful...i will say this for people interested...straight from a family member that is in NC "as of 10:30pm eastern time there has been no confirmation/positive ID of the body"

Nothing new on our nightly news. They just stated the same items we've already read :(

How long can he get by on 300 dollars? Is someone helping him? What kind of work does he do that he might be able to get work for cash under the table in small towns that haven't heard that LE are looking for him?

If he stopped at his house, no telling if he had a bankroll waiting...also wasn't it said somewhere in MSM ,that his computer at home showed where he had looked up bus & flight info prior to leaving for the beach?? ( sorry can't lay hand on the link I think I remember) sounds rather premeditated hmmm?

He worked at Cleveland Clinic I think it is? Doing sleep studies? Not sure how that would translate to on the road work.

I'm staying in Frisco. We just drove by the site. No signs of anything this late.

19 Action News spoke with Dare County Sheriff's Captain*W. Charles Nieman late Saturday night who confirms friends and family members of Ohio's missing mom, Lynn Jackenheimer, are gathering at the crime scene waiting for a possible identity.

http://www.woio.com/story/19027111/body-found-in-north-carolina

So heartbreaking for her children

Eta: The Dare County*Sheriff's Office then called out the Dare County Coroner's Office to retrieve, identify and autopsy the body, which will happen overnight into Sunday morning.

I just saw where they found her body! My heart breaks 4 her children. Have they caught him??

Everyone knows what Nate did. He admitted to it. It's time for him to face the music. He obviously loves his kids. They would want justice for their mother. He has taken everything from them. The least he can do is stop being a coward and turn himself in.

If he stopped at his house, no telling if he had a bankroll waiting...also wasn't it said somewhere in MSM ,that his computer at home showed where he had looked up bus & flight info prior to leaving for the beach?? ( sorry can't lay hand on the link I think I remember) sounds rather premeditated hmmm?

He worked at Cleveland Clinic I think it is? Doing sleep studies? Not sure how that would translate to on the road work.

this is incorrectly reported by the news...they found internet searches yes, but no on his home computer...i believe the searches were on his smartphone (cell)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC
Back