GUILTY NC - Lynn Jackenheimer, 33, murdered, Hatteras Island, 3 July 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i in no way believe that this is anyone's fault besides Nate....i do not blame the Summerfield family at all for what Nate has done...but many in this town are troubled with their silence, more specifically their unwillingness to make a public plea for Nate to turn himself in & in some cases these pleas have worked...it's a chance i know, but a chance well worth taking...i know it is their right to keep quiet on this matter...i guess me & others would have less problem with it if their were no children involved...but Leland is their grandson & Nate is their son who has killed this 3 year olds mother...people have a problem with their silence...its a problem around here at the moment compounded by the fact that Lynn's family is on the TV 4 times a day or more...this family & that boy deserve justice...if he is found dead at his own hand, that is not justice

im sorry...you're more than welcome to disagree & i wont attack those that do...im just hurting right now...Raymond is a strong man...to see him say that on tv knowin the hurt that man feels inside just really hits me hard

Is it possible that the Summerfield family is afraid of saying something incriminating that could not only affect Nate but his brother or another family member that could possibly have helped or be helping Nate?
They know that they're going to lose one son one way or another, maybe they don't want to lose both sons.
And it's apparent that LE is keeping a tight lid on what they do know. Maybe the Summerfield family is helping behind the scenes and we just don't know to what degree.
If Nate knows that his brother called 911 and reported him, then there may be dynamics going on that we don't realize w/ regards to trust, communication, etc.

Snicky...I posted earlier wondering if nate has a pilots license. I noticed of his FB page that he liked the Ashland county airport which I thought was odd if you don't fly. Having my license I know it's pretty easy to fly into small airports unnoticed. If he does have a license you should contact the FAA asking for them to put out a NOTAM with his info. I hope this helps as I too knew Lynn a few years back.

I don't want my prior post to come off as sympathetic to the Summerfield family. I've wondered all along why we aren't hearing from them. The things that I mentioned are the only reasons that I can come up with.
I completely agree that they should make a public plea for him to return.

Snicky...I posted earlier wondering if nate has a pilots license. I noticed of his FB page that he liked the Ashland county airport which I thought was odd if you don't fly. Having my license I know it's pretty easy to fly into small airports unnoticed. If he does have a license you should contact the FAA asking for them to put out a NOTAM with his info. I hope this helps as I too knew Lynn a few years back.

yep this was noticed/thought of by others in town & i know personally that all of this info has been reported to the local sheriff's department previously

if you knew Lynn, then you know how i speak of her is true...a beautiful soul that will be missed by many :(

I don't want my prior post to come off as sympathetic to the Summerfield family. I've wondered all along why we aren't hearing from them. The things that I mentioned are the only reasons that I can come up with.

Maybe LE is having NS's family keep a low profile JUST IN CASE he tries to contact them....

For all we know they may have given up, disowned, etc. their son years ago.

Does anyone know if the 3PM presser will be live streamed from any of the local stations? TIA

Continuing prayers for comfort and strength for family and friends. This is just gut wrenching. :(

i know...didn't take it that way at all...i can see the reasons, i have compassion for them...but sometimes you have to do what's right, even if it's not what's right for you...their grandson Leland, he is 3 years old...he cannot plea for his father to "do the right thing" and turn himself in...he cannot plea that no matter what his father has done, he is/will be the only parent he has left (incarcerated or not)...& he cannot plea for justice for his mother...they can...he is their family blood...if this were me in this situation & he were my grandson id humbly put myself out there (& face the scrutiny) for him...in an attempt to say my son's life & my grandson's father's life...that's just me, that's how i'm built...Lynn's family shouldn't have to be the only one's pleaing for what was once Lynn's life & for her murderer to turn himself in...unfair that publicly they are forced to carry that burden on their own...imo

]i in no way believe that this is anyone's fault besides Nate....i do not blame the Summerfield family at all for what Nate has done[/B]...but many in this town are troubled with their silence, more specifically their unwillingness to make a public plea for Nate to turn himself in & in some cases these pleas have worked...it's a chance i know, but a chance well worth taking...i know it is their right to keep quiet on this matter...i guess me & others would have less problem with it if their were no children involved...but Leland is their grandson & Nate is their son who has killed this 3 year olds mother...people have a problem with their silence...its a problem around here at the moment compounded by the fact that Lynn's family is on the TV 4 times a day or more...this family & that boy deserve justice...if he is found dead at his own hand, that is not justice

im sorry...you're more than welcome to disagree & i wont attack those that do...im just hurting right now...Raymond is a strong man...to see him say that on tv knowin the hurt that man feels inside just really hits me hard

((snicky))

I agree with you.

]Maybe LE is having NS's family keep a low profile JUST IN CASE he tries to contact them....[/B]

Wow, laniefi, that's a great thought! It hadn't even crossed my mind.

Does anyone know if the 3PM presser will be live streamed from any of the local stations? TIA

Continuing prayers for comfort and strength for family and friends. This is just gut wrenching. :(

I've searched all 3 of our local stations & none of them have mentioned carrying the presser. :(

Bing map shows a clearer pic of the location. Reports stated there is now a house on one of the corners near the hwy.

http://binged.it/MzU2w2

From the sounds of it - info will be released after 3pm but I can't seem to find a scheduled press conference....

Maybe LE is having NS's family keep a low profile JUST IN CASE he tries to contact them....

the bolded part...yes, this could be true...but i would figure after today, Nate knows his parents/relatives are in contact & being "watched" by LE...they have been since day one tho, the minute his brother admirably did the right thing & called 911...after today there will be no reason for the low profile...imo

as far as the second part...i am a local here in Ashland...my daughter knows this man, has for years...his family has not/never disowned him in any way...im sure maybe their feelings have changed on that now tho...i pray for them as i do Lynn's family

the bolded part...yes, this could be true...but i would figure after today, Nate knows his parents/relatives are in contact & being "watched" by LE...they have been since day one tho, the minute his brother admirably did the right thing & called 911...after today there will be no reason for the low profile...imo

as far as the second part...i am a local here in Ashland...my daughter knows this man, has for years...his family has not/never disowned him in any way...im sure maybe their feelings have changed on that now tho...i pray for them as i do Lynn's family

Yeah - just giving many different ways to look at it.

If it were me in their place I may not come forward for the safety of my grandson.

(WAVY) - According to a 911 call obtained by WAVY.com, a body found in the Outer Banks Saturday was described as a female wearing a Hooters shirt, something missing mom Lynn Jackenheimer was said to have collected.

From the same link

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xylinify