NC - MacDonald family murders at Fort Bragg, 1970 - Jeffrey MacDonald innocent?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Associated Press has it now and articles can be seen in Houston and other cities with an MSN news search. What dummy! He's actually going to go into a parole hearing and try to vindicate himself!

MacDonald files parole request

Serving life for highly publicized slaying of wife, children
By Martha Waggoner
ASSOCIATED PRESS
12:35 p.m. January 17, 2005

RALEIGH, N.C. – Former Army doctor Jeffrey MacDonald, convicted 25 years ago of the stabbing deaths of his pregnant wife and two daughters, will seek parole but will continue to proclaim his innocence, one of his attorneys said Monday.

MacDonald, eligible for parole since 1991, has declined to seek his freedom because he said he would have to admit guilt for the slayings at the family's Fort Bragg apartment Feb. 17, 1970. But MacDonald remarried a few years ago and has more reasons to want a life outside of prison, said his attorney, Tim Junkin of Potomac, Md.

"He doesn't have any kind of change of heart. He's going to try to vindicate himself," Junkin said in a phone interview. "He knows in his heart he's innocent and will always insist on that."

Junkin said he didn't know when the request was filed with the U.S. Parole Commission and said he wouldn't disclose when or where the hearing would be held.

Newsweek, which first reported the parole request in its issue this week, said the hearing would be held in February. That story quoted Christina Masewicz, a retired nurse who has written a book about the case and obtained a federal document confirming the hearing.

MacDonald, 61, is being held at the federal prison in Cumberland, Md., where he is serving three life terms for the slayings of his wife, Collette, 26, and daughters Kimberly, 5, and Kristen, 2.

He married a long-time friend, Kathryn Kurichh, in 2002.

"He has a fairly new wife. He has a lot of reasons to live for if he could get out of prison," Junkin said. "We have urged him to consider all his options as long as they're not inconsistent with his quest to prove his innocence."

Junkin said he didn't believe that MacDonald had to admit guilt to be paroled.

MacDonald was assigned to Special Forces at the time his family was slain. He claimed that the killers stabbed and clubbed his family to death while one chanted, "Acid is groovy. Kill the pigs." The highly publicized case was recounted in a best-selling book, "Fatal Vision," and television miniseries.

The Army said it didn't have enough evidence to try MacDonald, and he went free for years. A federal court jury in Raleigh convicted MacDonald of the killings in 1979 after the U.S. Justice Department reopened the case.

In 1997, a federal appeals court rejected MacDonald's effort to reopen his case on the basis of his claim that the FBI allegedly misled the courts about fiber evidence.

>>Please, everyone who believes Jeffrey MacDonald should not be paroled take a moment to write a letter.

Address your envelope to the following address:

Chairman US Parole Commission
Headquarters Office
Park Place Building
5550 Friendship Boulevard, Suite 420
Chevy Chase, Maryland 20815-7286

In the context of your letter address Michael J. Gaines.

Your letter should be short and to the point, no more than 2 paragraphs. It should include in reference to

Jeffrey R. MacDonald
Inmate number 00131-177
Currently incarcerated at the FCI in Cumberland, Maryland.

On behalf of the Stevenson family, many thanks to those of you who will take the time to do this and speak out about what happened to a pregnant woman and her two small daughters who lost their lives in such a brutal way almost thirty-five years ago. Let us also keep the Stevenson family in our prayers, as this is not an easy time for them. <<

It can't hurt, but I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell that he'll ever made parole until and unless he confesses and shows remorse.

This is all over the news here (I live on Fort Bragg where the murders occured) and I cant belive parole would even be a thought in anyone's mind as he got ,I belive,THREE life terms which SHOULD out any chance of parole!

I think what's really sick is the Defense attny. saying how since he has remarried in prison he "deserves" a "new life" with his new spouse!!!!!!!!!!! :sick:

Kalypso said:
>>Please, everyone who believes Jeffrey MacDonald should not be paroled take a moment to write a letter.

Address your envelope to the following address:

Chairman US Parole Commission
Headquarters Office
Park Place Building
5550 Friendship Boulevard, Suite 420
Chevy Chase, Maryland 20815-7286

In the context of your letter address Michael J. Gaines.

Your letter should be short and to the point, no more than 2 paragraphs. It should include in reference to

Jeffrey R. MacDonald
Inmate number 00131-177
Currently incarcerated at the FCI in Cumberland, Maryland.

On behalf of the Stevenson family, many thanks to those of you who will take the time to do this and speak out about what happened to a pregnant woman and her two small daughters who lost their lives in such a brutal way almost thirty-five years ago. Let us also keep the Stevenson family in our prayers, as this is not an easy time for them. <<

Thanks, Kali. I'm sending one regardless. I don't think he will ever make parole.

Kalypso said:
Haha, yeah, he probably did delivered her. :laugh:

I found out someone else had my idea of the similarities between Jeffrey MacDonald and Darlie Routier and they thought of tons more:

http://www.geocities.com/starkman14/darlie_vs_mcdonald.htm

I haven't been over to Websleuths hardly at all, since I found that other forum which is so active in discussing this case (scroll up).
Kaly

That was written by JonGalt. She's a member of this forum. I think she's Flaxmoon or something on this website. DP would know. She did a great job on that and the similarities are uncanny aren't they.

annie mae said:
Hey. Again, I am so glad you have opened the door for discussion on the "Doc". I wonder if he really believes that he will be released in the future? I think not. I have always wondered what his motivation was by killing the children? and if he was high on something? How could you kill your children?:furious: If he didn't love or even like his wife, why not just take her out? or better yet, since he was a doctor, he could have given her something to make her heart stop or? You know these people that kill are not very bright and half of them have a title, Doctor, Lawyer, etc. I know that sounded dumb what I said but you all know what I am trying to say. :( Oh! and why should the system let ole Jeffrey out? he is teaching in prison and has become a part of game. I read the "list" on the link you provided, wow that is amazing:eek: Peace & Light, annie mae

I don't believe he premeditated her murder. An explosion of rage during an argument is more likely the cause. But yes, he killed his baby for his own self-survival. She is the probably the one murder he premeditated. It's possible he was abusing diet pills in the month and half preceding the murders. He certainly exhibited the symptoms of ingesting amphetemines in the aftermath of the murders. He had diet pills in his home and his office at the base. He had a closet full of drugs as a matter of fact. They also found two tiny bottles of might be Narcan in his sink trap after the murders. Narcan is used to counteract the exitability of the speed.

I don't think he will make parole, either. He and his attorneys are deluded.

Read today that he is asking for parole now, was eligible since 1991 but refused hearing since he preferred being vindicated instead, but now has decided, with new wife and all, to seek one. Hearing coming up next month I think, but he still insists he is innocent, so whether he will be granted parole without admitting guilt is questionable, his attorney seems to think he will be, although his brother in law will argue against it.

Why don't they call MacDonald a "quadruple murderer" instead of a "triple murderer"? The little boy inside Colette's stomach doesn't count?
I guess that was back in the day before Scott Peterson and fetus' were worthy of a murder count?

cami said:
That was written by JonGalt. She's a member of this forum. I think she's Flaxmoon or something on this website. DP would know. She did a great job on that and the similarities are uncanny aren't they.
Thanks, that is really interesting to me. I just love her page! I will have to try to find her around here and thank her!

K- I wrote and mailed my letter today at the post office. I don't think he will get parole either, but I hope they get inundated with letters and that the books are closed for good!!!!!!!!!!!!

annie mae said:
And how long did he know his bride? maybe he delivered her! haha Sorry, I just had to say that :) Pray for Peace and Blessings to us All :)
His wife, is the biological sister of my adopted cousin. I've never met her, and I haven't seen my cousin in 20+ years.

lisad71 said:
His wife, is the biological sister of my adopted cousin. I've never met her, and I haven't seen my cousin in 20+ years.
Does that make you now cousins with him???:eek: My condolences...

Dedicated Legal Partners
Jeffrey MacDonald's New Wife Sustains Infamous Prisoner's Unceasing Pursuit of Freedom

By Sue Anne Pressley
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, January 21, 2005; Page B01

CUMBERLAND, Md.

Kathryn MacDonald knows the visitors' drill at the Federal Correctional Institute here in the hills of Western Maryland: Relinquish the driver's license, take off the black pumps for the metal detector, get the ultraviolet stamp on top of the hand.
--->>

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A24880-2005Jan20.html

Kalypso said:
This is newsworthy again, because, according to MacDonald's site, he is awaiting DNA results "any day."

MacDonald's website (put up by his lawyers, I think) got me into reading Fatal Vision all over again, along with Fatal Justice and The Journalist And The Murderer by Janet Malcolm.

http://www.themacdonaldcase.org/

I was living about 1/2 block from Jeffrey MacDonald when he was working at St. Mary's in Long Beach, CA. and lived at Huntington Harbour, but I never met him.

I think there are several scenarios in this case similar to that of Darlie Routier's (yes I still think he is guilty). Think about it:

1. Both had mild injuries that appeared to be self inflicted.
2. Both had family members who were the weaker ones that were murdered nearly "right in front of them."
3. Both fell asleep with kid(s) in front of the TV and awoke to violence.
4. Both sets of murders happened approximately the same time of night.
5. Both blamed scruffy-looking intruders with long hair.

Anything else you can think of? I hope this re-starts a discussion.
I've always thought that MacDonald was guilty. Your points are very good. You will never get me to believe that an intruder will leave the biggest threat alive and the least injured. It is common sense that MacDonald would have been killed first if it were intruders. If intruders are crazy enough to slaughter the whole family, to include the babies, they would surely have killed him first.

For some reason, I believe that he will say that he killed them and that he is sorry. Then, he will say that he was forced to say it just to be released. I hope that he spends the rest of his life in prison because that is where he belongs. Thank God for Colette's stepfather relentlessly pursuing his prosecution. Is her mother still alive? MacDonald also has similar traits to Scott Peterson. He is a narcissist, philanderer and liar.

ETA: What do you think sparked the murders? I read on one of the websites that a neighbor heard Collette say that '...she wouldn't stand by and let him harm the children or her...' Do you think, due to possible amphetamine consumption, that he became enraged when he came to bed and it was wet by one of the children. Do you think that he threatened to spank the children for wetting the bed and this started a fight? Which child actually wet the bed that night? I read on one of the sites that he said it was Kristen. Yet, Kristen's pants were not very wet. Perhaps, he was lying because Kimberly got hit in the crossfire while he was killing Colette. (I hope that I am not confusing the facts here.)

Hope everyone is keeping warm :) I too have been reading all the material about the McDonald case and have been very impressed with the web-site that Kalypso posted in her post #4. Christina Masewicz has done major research and my hat is off to her:) wow can you imagine all the time and effort she has spent on gathering the facts, amazing. I do not think that McDonald will make parole but that is just my thought. Everyone have a safe day, annie

Kalypso said:
This is newsworthy again, because, according to MacDonald's site, he is awaiting DNA results "any day."

MacDonald's website (put up by his lawyers, I think) got me into reading Fatal Vision all over again, along with Fatal Justice and The Journalist And The Murderer by Janet Malcolm.

http://www.themacdonaldcase.org/

I was living about 1/2 block from Jeffrey MacDonald when he was working at St. Mary's in Long Beach, CA. and lived at Huntington Harbour, but I never met him.

I think there are several scenarios in this case similar to that of Darlie Routier's (yes I still think he is guilty). Think about it:

1. Both had mild injuries that appeared to be self inflicted.
2. Both had family members who were the weaker ones that were murdered nearly "right in front of them."
3. Both fell asleep with kid(s) in front of the TV and awoke to violence.
4. Both sets of murders happened approximately the same time of night.
5. Both blamed scruffy-looking intruders with long hair.

Anything else you can think of? I hope this re-starts a discussion.

Very little property damage. Anyone defending themself against this type of attack would most likely put up a fight big enough to damage a hell of a lot of stuff in the homes.

No doubt on the destruction "that could have been" if all the people McDonald claimed were in the apartment and were tosing him about like a rag doll. I just finished reading the transcript with Larry King and "the" McDonalds, interesting. If you get a chance, ck it out. Peace, annie

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back