NC - MacDonald family murders at Fort Bragg, 1970 - Jeffrey MacDonald innocent?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Seems the documentaries over the years spin it one way or the other. I watched this latest one, and I really didn't remember anything about the candle wax. What convinces me of his guilt the most, is that the wife and girls were totally overkill. He had very few wounds, and you would think he would be the one the rage would be directed, if it were anti establishment hippies, or druggies. He had few marks on his face, and the others were brutalized and disfigured. Makes no sense.

Hippies with a grudge against The Establishment did not kill little children in their beds.

It could not have happened that way.

If hippies came in looking for drugs they might not have killed anyone at all but at worst it would have been the adults only, not sleeping babies.

The crime scene screams out loud and clear who did these crimes.

How is he even given the time of day by anyone anymore?

Okay, folks, here he is again -- along with his biggest champion, his wife.

This was just on our 6:00pm WRAL news, and it includes a video.

Local News

MacDonald fights for freedom, maintains innocence

Posted 3:55 p.m. today
Updated 10 minutes ago

Richmond, Va. — Jeffrey MacDonald, a former Green Beret surgeon whose murder conviction has been the subject of books and movies, is now waiting on three federal judges to write the last chapter of his legal battle for freedom.

Attorneys for MacDonald, who was convicted of killing his pregnant wife and two daughters at their Fort Bragg home in 1970, say through new DNA testing they have confirmed there were hairs and fibers at the scene that belong to someone other than their client.
http://www.wral.com/macdonald-hearing-likely-last-chance-for-exoneration-set-for-thursday/16474185/

Just maddening.

He gets lots of airplay here in NC. I hold firm to the belief (based on case evidence), that no reasonable person is going to look at all the evidence in this case and determine him to be not guilty of the murders. I don't care how many foreign hair or fiber or whatnot they find--he and his family were living in government housing that had many previous tenants before him. The basic forensics of the crime scene don't change. The blood doesn't change, His bloody footprints showing his movements don't change. He's gotten more chances than anyone else. I wish the 4th circuit would close the door and lock it on this monster, but for some reason they won't. It's ridiculous this ping pong game.

ITA. I am so sick of this baby killer finding new "audiences" for his lies. People and ID should be ashamed of themselves.

You and me both. He did it, the blood type analysis and DNA evidence proved it - he's really grasping at straws. "New evidence", nope, same old BS he has used for years. There were no intruders. He attacked Colette and Kimberely in a rage, finished them off and then killed Kristen so there wouldn't be any witnesses. You'll notice that whenever he talks about Kristen he has difficulty, and that is because under all his lies and denials, he KNOWS that he killed her deliberately. He doesn't feel bad about Colette and Kimmy because he didn't set out to kill them.

I know. Unbelievable. Just like the Menendez brothers .

Except for the fact that both were domestic homicides, the two cases aren't even remotely the same. The Menendez brothers admitted their guilt, unlike MacDonald. Also, there have been other allegations since the murder of their parents that suggest that their father, Jose Menenedez, was a pedophile. It doesn't excuse what they did, but Jose and Kitty were not known as "the parents from hell" for nothing. Jeffrey MacDonald had no such reasoning when he murdered his pregnant wife and two little girls.

I read pretty much every book written on this case...but it's been a looonnnnggg time ago. Now the People Magazine article brings it back.

I recall the Army has always seemed outraged that one of its Green Berets did not do better in a purported fight, and has minimized MacDonald's injuries. People Mag claims he suffered a lung wound as one of his 17 injuries. There's also a mention of withheld exculpatory evidence. There is also DNA testing in progress on some of that evidence.

Let's see what the scientists find. Their results may finally settle the dispute.

I read pretty much every book written on this case...but it's been a looonnnnggg time ago. Now the People Magazine article brings it back.

I recall the Army has always seemed outraged that one of its Green Berets did not do better in a purported fight, and has minimized MacDonald's injuries. People Mag claims he suffered a lung wound as one of his 17 injuries. There's also a mention of withheld exculpatory evidence. There is also DNA testing in progress on some of that evidence.

Let's see what the scientists find. Their results may finally settle the dispute.

The scientists have examined this case already. He has had a trial, appeals and more publicity than most murderers. He has gotten DNA testing in the past. The facts don't change. He is a murderer. He is exactly where he belongs and I am sick to death of lazy TV personalities trying to boost their ratings by making a baby killer look sympathetic. Which can only be done in an hour long, heavily slanted TV show, because if you read a fraction of the information available on this case no one with half a bran can reach any other conclusion.

The mere degree of overkill for a baby and then Jeff's supposed "17 injuries". I don't doubt Colette fought back, she was trying to save her children, and then the DOCTOR went into the bathroom and stabbed himself so he could pretend he had been attacked.

I guess the "Hippies" thought the baby, asleep in her crib, was a bigger risk, so they made sure she was dead, but the young, strong Green Beret? Nah, nothing to fear there, don't hurt him too bad.

^^^ His injuries were indeed minor, compared to what his family suffered. His most serious injury was a collapsed lung (which he inflicted on himself). He knew that it was survivable. His blood was also found on the kitchen floor by the cabinet under the sink where he knelt to get out the rubber gloves.

The DNA testing that was done in 2006 was more confirmation that he was indeed the killer. A bloody limb hair found in Colette's hand belonged to him. Also, both daughters were "tucked in" after death. That was sweet of those murderous hippies, wasn't it? (Sarcasm intended).

It was a rainy night, yet there were no footprints (save for the bloody one left by MacDonald), all the "weapons" came from inside the house. Supposedly, it was a home invasion, yet only the coffee table in the living room was disturbed (and experts have confirmed that it was top heavy, so had it actually been knocked over in a struggle it would not have fallen on its side as MacDonald had tipped it over). There was a magazine in the living room with an article about the Manson murders and a speck of blood was found on MacDonald's glasses, indicating that he had put them on after attacking his family to read about the other case.

There's lots more. The only "killer" was Jeffrey MacDonald. He's lucky he wasn't tried by the state; he could have received the death penalty.

he's very old now. With any luck, Scratchman will have a nice punishment for him.

(* Scratchman - an old name for the Devil)

I was unaware of earlier DNA testing. However, here's hoping this latest round of testing will settle matters for good.

Every time MacDonald gets attention, it just feeds his narcissism and his sense of victimhood. I wish he could just be ignored.

^^^ His injuries were indeed minor, compared to what his family suffered. His most serious injury was a collapsed lung (which he inflicted on himself). He knew that it was survivable. His blood was also found on the kitchen floor by the cabinet under the sink where he knelt to get out the rubber gloves.

The DNA testing that was done in 2006 was more confirmation that he was indeed the killer. A bloody limb hair found in Colette's hand belonged to him. Also, both daughters were "tucked in" after death. That was sweet of those murderous hippies, wasn't it? (Sarcasm intended).

It was a rainy night, yet there were no footprints (save for the bloody one left by MacDonald), all the "weapons" came from inside the house. Supposedly, it was a home invasion, yet only the coffee table in the living room was disturbed (and experts have confirmed that it was top heavy, so had it actually been knocked over in a struggle it would not have fallen on its side as MacDonald had tipped it over). There was a magazine in the living room with an article about the Manson murders and a speck of blood was found on MacDonald's glasses, indicating that he had put them on after attacking his family to read about the other case.

There's lots more. The only "killer" was Jeffrey MacDonald. He's lucky he wasn't tried by the state; he could have received the death penalty.

bbm

And he probably would have --

• For horribly beating and stabbing his defenseless and pregnant wife
  • For horribly beating and finishing off his defenseless older daughter
  • For the 1st Degree Murder of his younger daughter who was (probably) sleeping when he woke her up, put her over his knee and stabbed her to death. She was found to have defensive wounds on her hands from defending herself from her own father. If his pajama bottoms had not been thrown away, most likely at the hospital (by MacDonald himself, perhaps?), the evidence of that method would have been proved simply by that one item of evidence, leaving no doubt as to the killer.

I was unaware of earlier DNA testing. However, here's hoping this latest round of testing will settle matters for good.

MacDonald has already wasted time and money in the last round of DNA testing. Initially, he and his supporters claimed that the limb hair found in Colette's hand would prove his innocence. Then after it was found to be his, they changed their tune, saying it made sense because he tried to help her. Another damning piece of evidence is that MacDonald's skin and blood was found under Colette's fingernails, as she had scratched him in trying to defend herself from his attack.

Unsourced hairs are useless; we all have unsourced hairs in our homes and on our person. A hair found under Kristen's fingernail was a naturally shed hair with the club root still attached; she also had grass and dirt under her fingernails as she had played outside earlier and rode the pony, and had not been given a bath. A hair found under Kimberley's fingernail was proven to be an animal hair. The candle wax argument is pointless as the wax found in the house was old and dried and was consistent with candles used on birthday cakes. The synthetic hair found that MacDonald and his supporters claim came from the "blonde wig" supposedly worn by the female intruder was consistent with doll's hair; as MacDonald sold almost all of the family belongings after the murders there was nothing to compare it against, but in a house where two little girls lived, it's obvious where it came from. Colette also owned a blonde "fall" type wig that she wore frequently.

All of MacDonald's "evidence" had been disproven time and time again. Rinse, repeat. He is such a waste of oxygen.

bbm

And he probably would have --

• For horribly beating and stabbing his defenseless and pregnant wife
  • For horribly beating and finishing off his defenseless older daughter
  • For the 1st Degree Murder of his younger daughter who was (probably) sleeping when he woke her up, put her over his knee and stabbed her to death. She was found to have defensive wounds on her hands from defending herself from her own father. If his pajama bottoms had not been thrown away, most likely at the hospital (by MacDonald himself, perhaps?), the evidence of that method would have been proved simply by that one item of evidence, leaving no doubt as to the killer.

And in this day and age, he could also be charged with the murder of his unborn son. This ice-pick baby killer never learns.

Exactly. And a fit, buff soldier is still going to be alive and well, after his wife and babies are slaughtered? Every soldier I know would fight to the DEATH before that happened to their family. I'd fight to the death before anyone could kill my babies. His story makes no sense.
Indeed! Plus he was training with the boxing team the 3-5 weeks prior so he should had a helluva fight in there. Lest we forget, he admittedly had lost 12 lbs in 3 weeks using Eskatrol which is amphetime that has since been taken off the market, and he finds it noteworthy enough that its the first thing he writes down for his military atty 6 weeks after the crime when asked to recount everything he can remeber about that night. he states " he "may" have taken an Eskatrol spansuule at dinner, because he tended to snack at night" Joe McGuiness was given access to MacDonalds Condo when writing the Mac approved book and Joe McGuiness found these notes in the bottom of a box. These were the same notes that he would not consent to allow the Grand Jury to review. If you're innocent why not? The truth is the truth. I believe he told the afttorney about the speed use because he feared a tox screen might reveal it and he wanted to head it off. I also feel the cumulative use of the diet pills is what fueled an underlying fire that this narcissist was carrying (esp towards women and female children) and the speed was gasoline to a fire that put him into an uncontrollable rage where he lost control after a minor argument we Colette may have stood up to him about something. Totally unacceptable to this chauvinist, misogynistic all about me, man. Anyway my two cents worth. How in the hell did he get such good fortune to have his case still clogging up the court system. Shame on the 4th circuit and people mag and anyone else whom gives his sorry *advertiser censored* attention.
Way to honor the victims.

Edited to say, in 1970 they did not routinely test for amphetimes unless it was indicated. He was considered a 'victim" of drug crazed people. He was an md and this was in the hippie times, macD was most def the Establishment that the hippies railed against. He however , prob did not know what may show up in his blood and wanted to cover his bases and since he had the safety of atty client priveledge he spilled it all. He was beyond shocked when Mike Wallace on 60 minutes in 1983 had them in front of him and before he read them asked Mac about speed which he DENIED!!! You should see his face when Wallace starts reading the notes, his face is priceless and he rolls his eyes as he is feeling the betrayal of joe mcguiness that he never ever saw coming. He is then literally forced to do an about face and own up to the diet pills. This clearly proved him a bald faced liar, who lies effortlessly to peoples faces and seems quite convincing. If anyone is on the fence watch that 60 min interview. Says it all. Serves him right.

JM, Liar Liar, Pants on Fire!!
I cannot wait till this psychopath is taken out of prison in a homemade PINE BOX!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's important to remember he butchered 4 people that night, including the 4 month old male fetus his wife was carrying. I'm assuming that fetus would have made it to viability and been born had Collette not been killed, so I'm counting total number of murders as 4.

He really is among the worst and should have qualified for the DP.

I think it's important to remember he butchered 4 people that night, including the 4 month old male fetus his wife was carrying. I'm assuming that fetus would have made it to viability and been born had Collette not been killed, so I'm counting total number of murders as 4.

He really is among the worst and should have qualified for the DP.

Yes Madeline, he murdered 4.
When a pregnant woman is killed, I always count the baby in no matter how far along she was, viable or not. That's just my opinion though, not the legal system, obviously.
Viable at 4 months is truly amazing.

Kudos to all neonatal nurses out there. Y'all are extremely smart, hard working & loving to these babies, who otherwise might not have a chance without y'all. [emoji170][emoji175][emoji169]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668
Back