NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We dealt with an issue with a family member and their child. Was police, CPS and the school all playing different roles and angles. Everyone knew there was an issue but they all had limitations on what they could do. I remember the sheriff telling me they have a love hate relationship with CPS. The system is broken. In regards to the school, their hands were also tied and did everything they could to arrange rides, notify authorities, etc...Then, the thing the school told me the last thing they want to hear from a parent when fighting attendance issues happened. The parent stated she was going to homeschool the child. It essentially restarted the clock on everything for every party involved. It was crushing but we managed to get the child out and out of state.

That takes a specifically worded letter in the state where I live, but yeah, that stops the school from further contact.

Here at WS we've numerous threads devoted to children removed from public school for 'homeschool' but end up here instead.

Lots of info in this article !!

Regarding the news that he owned "a lot of guns" he either said that to scare/threatening, like a show-off type OR he truly did have a lot of guns/firearms and perhaps they went to Michigan with him, IF that trip is even true !!!

Mom's posts, if true, IMO, reflect her life of abuse, Inside her house.
quote"
'If you say violence is bad, that means you will end up rejecting a part of yourself and you can never get rid of it because it will not go, it will come out in so many ways,' she states on Facebook.

'People are very peaceful on the streets, but pretty violent at home. If they are not capable of physical violence, they are verbally violent or they are violent in their thoughts or emotions, or so many other ways.'

This, IMO, is a such an awful, sad case and a young, innocent child paid the price.

I'm still convinced Madalina's mother and stepfather both know what happened and where she is, but you've all caused me to stop and ponder, "What if?" I can easily imagine scenarios in which her mother isn't aware and which her stepfather isn't aware.
I agree that BOTH know.
I also agree while reading through here that there could be a possibility that one or the other doesnt know.

But I am sticking with they BOTH know what happened and where she is.

Am I the only one who doesn’t find this case to be complex from a justice standpoint?
This case is going to be about vindication for a defenseless girl.
It will be in the hands of North Carolina juries. Twice.
It will be expensive and worth every dime. It will be resource-intensive and worth every hour. Justice moves slowly but it moves with a heavy hammer. This will have a conclusion.

Raising a glass to the fine jury-summons-responding people of North Carolina tonight. Gonna be a long haul but they will get justice done.

NORTH CAROLINA IN THE GENERAL COURT OF JUSTICE COUNTY OF MECKLENBURG SUPERIOR COURT DIVISION IN RE SEARCH WARRANTS ) FOR T-MOBILE, INC AND ). ORDER TO SEAL RECORDS DEFENDANT’S PROPERTY ) The Court, having heard from the State, now invokes its inherent power to issue orders in the interest of justice and, pursuant to N.C. Gen Stat. 132-1.4, finds as follows:

1. The Cornelius Police Department (CPD), State Bureau of Investigation (SBI), and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) are currently conducting a joint investigation into the disappearance of Madalina Cojocari, an 11-year-old juvenile. CPD has obtained warrants for the arrest of her mother, Diana Cojocari, and her stepfather, Christopher Palmiter, for Failure to Report the Disappearance of a Child to Law Enforcement.

2. CPD and the SBI continue to conduct their investigation and has obtained search warrants for T-Mobile Call Detail Records associated with the defendants, search warrants for the defendant’s home, and a search warrant for Christopher Palmiter’s mobile device. The search warrant affidavits are extremely detailed and contain many facts not available to the public.

3. Given the current level of media attention, release of the search warrants in the above referenced matter at this time into the public domain could interfere with the rights of Diana Cojocari and Christopher Palmiter to a fair trial.

4. Furthermore, release of the Search Warrant affidavit into the public domain at this stage may interfere with the ability of detectives to recover additional untainted information from witnesses and could hinder the efforts to locate Madalina Cojocari.

It is now therefore ORDERED that the Search Warrants previously obtained by the Cornelius Police Department for T-Mobile Call Detail Records and Defendant’s Property during the above-referenced investigation shall be sealed from public viewing by the Mecklenburg County Clerk of Court for a period of 90 days unless said time period is extended by this Court.

Issued this 30th day of December, 2022. ____________________________________ Superior Court Judge Presiding

Bolded by me. It certainly seems like LE has much more information/evidence that we don't yet know about. Thank goodness.

Am I the only one who doesn’t find this case to be complex from a justice standpoint?
This case is going to be about vindication for a defenseless girl.
It will be in the hands of North Carolina juries. Twice.
It will be expensive and worth every dime. It will be resource-intensive and worth every hour. Justice moves slowly but it moves with a heavy hammer. This will have a conclusion.

Raising a glass to the fine jury-summons-responding people of North Carolina tonight. Gonna be a long haul but they will get justice done.
I don't understand your question. "Am I the only one who doesn’t find this case to be complex from a justice standpoint?"

What case? Failure to report a missing child or the possible death of Madalina? We all have our opinions and our suspicions, but we don't know if one of the parents "hid" her, sold her, or killed her. The law says innocent until proven guilty. If Madalina is not physically located, I would not want to sit on that jury. We need Madalina.

If I had 3 weeks to cover up a crime that took place inside my house before anyone was asking any questions, I think that I could do a pretty good job. New rug? Good luck finding the old one after 3 weeks. New couch? I was planning to get one for months. Lots of Clorox used in a certain room? Those pesky cats caused one h*ll of a mess. Cell phone records? My battery doesn't charge well so my phone is turned off most of the time. Computer searches? What computer? We have an older one that we gave away not long ago. Every couple of days, I'm sure you would think of something that you missed or could have done better. Granted this couple didn't even take the time to have matching stories so maybe they didn't make much effort to cover up things. Maybe only one of them knew something was being covered up.

I'll be interested to hear how their stories change now that they have lawyers. I bet their stories get cleaned up quite a bit, match a bit more, leave gaps where there could be doubt about the other one and express that they've felt so much sadness since Madalina went missing.

I'm glad that they have their T-Mobile records. Hopefully there is GPS data or some deleted search history that can be restored. DC and CP both spent most of their time at home, they didn't have friends, no work commutes. I can't imagine that there's a lot to go through. Hope there is something helpful.

I agree totally about the DailyMail. In fact just a few years ago Websleuths did not allow them as a credible source. There's too much in that article that sounds like sensationalism. I usually take the DMail with a grain of salt. My opinion
I do also, but the photos are always spot on and at least most of time, once case gets to court, they were right.
Not always, but a lot.
But yeah, still they are about click bait, sensationalism as we follow along.

I don’t know if this theory is too obvious or has been discussed. Part of me doesn’t get how the parents could both be unemployed. Idk, maybe he’s on some sort of disability, but there’s, I assume, a mortgage to pay and living expenses. How did they get by financially?

And the partitioned area off the kitchen, and the burning of the couch…very hinky IMO.

Might they both be abusers, using their daughter to “earn money” in the room off the kitchen by male visitors? Could a “visitor” have become rough and accidentally killed Madalina? And now neither parent will talk because they’re both guilty of abusing the child. Any admission by either of them implicates them in causing her death.

Has this already been hypothesized? This is why I wonder how many visitors this residence had. Was there a lot of traffic going in and out?

JMO, IMO, just a possibility. I hate even writing this, but it’s been stuck in my mind.

I don’t know if this theory is too obvious or has been discussed. Part of me doesn’t get how the parents could both be unemployed. Idk, maybe he’s on some sort of disability, but there’s, I assume, a mortgage to pay and living expenses. How did they get by financially?

And the partitioned area off the kitchen, and the burning of the couch…very hinky IMO.

Might they both be abusers, using their daughter to “earn money” in the room off the kitchen by male visitors? Could a “visitor” have become rough and accidentally killed Madalina? And now neither parent will talk because they’re both guilty of abusing the child. Any admission by either of them implicates them in causing her death.

Has this already been hypothesized? This is why I wonder how many visitors this residence had. Was there a lot of traffic going in and out?

JMO, IMO, just a possibility. I hate even writing this, but it’s been stuck in my mind.
I think something like that is definitely possible. I mean, I wouldn't put anything past people who didn't report that their child was missing.

Part of me doesn’t get how the parents could both be unemployed. Idk, maybe he’s on some sort of disability, but there’s, I assume, a mortgage to pay and living expenses. How did they get by financially?
Ordinarily, we might hope that answers (or at least clues) could be found by questioning the parents' workmates, families, social circles, neighbours, church contacts, etc. But that doesn't seem to be yielding any results here, as far as we know. Which tells us something, of course. And I find the kitchen partition very strange, I don't think I've ever heard of something like that before. But it doesn't sound good, IMO.

No, November 23, 2022 was a Wednesday. Must have been a fun Thanksgiving in that house. :mad: Poor little girl.

But I agree with you that both parents are lying about the last time they saw Madalina.

View attachment 392103
Link
Thanks for sorting out the "he-say, she-say" dates for me. Parents conflicting timeline way too confusing to make any sense of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz