NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Published January 27, 2023
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — It has now been more than two months since 11-year-old Madalina Cojocari was last seen getting off the school bus at her stop in Cornelius, North Carolina, on Nov. 21, 2022.

Keeping Madalina's disappearance in the eyes of the public. Even if new information isn't reported every day.

Wow, multiple sightings of D's car! And a photo that proves that M had been there before! So maybe they (or at least DC) does have friends there. Maybe the "hiding MC to keep her safe" theory just became ever so slightly a bit more feasible.

Wow, multiple sightings of D's car! And a photo that proves that M had been there before! So maybe they (or at least DC) does have friends there. Maybe the "hiding MC to keep her safe" theory just became ever so slightly a bit more feasible.
Maybe ??
I'd be fine with that, if it meant Madalina was safe and well.

This is what I have believed from the start.
Something is going on where DC (or both) were scared for their lives, including M. Hide M for safety, then say nothing.
If this IS the case, then yes, they are safer in jail, saying nothing, or rather, that is what they believe.
I know it's out there and not a popular opinion, but it is the only way I feel that M comes out of this safe and unharmed.
JMO

So that picture of MC comes from DC foreign site.
There's an album she created on 11 march 2016.

There are no pictures uploaded on that date ,but there's 19 photos uploaded on 27 Nov 2022 .

That is the most pictures she uploaded in any day.

That picture of MC is one of them along with 18 others of most likely mountains in NC , flowers, 2 cats and the one picture of the Statue, girl playing a flute, in Florida .

All 19 of those pictures would not have been taken in a close time frame. I don't know what all that means.

The name of the album ,Гифы, translates to GIFs. (Translate Russian to English)

I subscribed to this site, a while back having got the link here. It was fairly easy.
Diana Cojocari | OK.RU

So that picture of MC comes from DC foreign site.
There's an album she created on 11 march 2016.

There are no pictures uploaded on that date ,but there's 19 photos uploaded on 27 Nov 2022 .

That is the most pictures she uploaded in any day.

That picture of MC is one of them along with 18 others of most likely mountains in NC , flowers, 2 cats and the one picture of the Statue, girl playing a flute, in Florida .

All 19 of those pictures would not have been taken in a close time frame. I don't know what all that means.

The name of the album ,Гифы, translates to GIFs. (Translate Russian to English)

I subscribed to this site, a while back having got the link here. It was fairly easy.
Diana Cojocari | OK.RU
Photo dump before factory reset on a device, maybe?
JMO

Photo dump before factory reset on a device, maybe?
JMO
I don't think so, most of the pictures in that album are on other albums. As if she picked a few she liked and put them in the album I mentioned. Her photos are in no particular order . She was very busy arranging photos on the 26th and 27th of November. Taking already uploaded photos from 1 album to another. So bizarre .My opinion. I've spent hours on that site and nothing makes sense.Almost like an urgency to place photos in certain albums to try and prove MC is still around on those dates. The thing she failed at was to delete photos from other albums that show they were taken at different dates and some a couple of years earlier. I don't know what to make of it. My opinion .

TIMELINE UPDATES in RED
(I stepped a way for a few days for the holidays; please @ me with links if I missed anything!)

M = Madalina Cojocari, 11-year-old missing from home at 18413 Victoria Bay Rd, Cornelius, NC
SDadCP = stepfather Christopher Palmiter
MomDC = mother Diana Cojocari; extended family are “well-known and well-connected musicians in Moldova” [25]; father is a teacher and mother an accountant [31]

----------------------------------------

~2011
M is born

MomDC participates in Eastern European weight loss TV show; gets engaged during filming to SDadCP, whom she did not know prior [27]

JUL 8, 2020
MomDC posts FB video with comment "Is something wrong of being violent?" - VIDEO

? OCT (“end of October”)
MomDC and M last communicated with M’s grandfather (MomDC’s father) in Moldova [22]

W NOV 16
According to SDadCP, this was the last time he saw M [15]

M NOV 21 - MADALINA COJOCARI LAST SEEN ------------------------------------------------------------------
According to school counselor, this was the last time M attended school [15] - cf T NOV 22
4:59PM - M recorded disembarking from school bus at her stop [18]
View attachment 389079

SOMETIME BETWEEN T NOV 22 TO Th DEC 15
According to CPD, “one of the family members [MomDC] was in the Madison County area of NC” with a Toyota Prius between 22 Nov and 15 Dec [32]; deputy stopped to check on her at pull-off area west of Marshall, near Lonesome Mountain; M was not in the vehicle [33]

T NOV 22 - DAY 1
MC attended classes at Bailey Middle School [10] - cf M NOV 21
12PM - According to MomDC's report on Dec 15, M was missing since this time [16] - cf W NOV 23
[TIME?] - MomDC's vehicle reportedly seen in Weaverville, NC [35]

W NOV 23 - DAY 2
NO SCHOOL [4]
[PM] - M last seen at home [1] at 10PM [10] by MomDC when M went to bed [12] - cf T NOV 22
[PM] - According to MomDC, she and SDadCP had an argument that night [12]

Th NOV 24 - DAY 3
THANKSGIVING - NO SCHOOL [4]
[AM] - According to MomDC, SDadCP drove to Michigan to "recover some items"; he claims he did not see M before he left [12]
11:30AM - According to MomDC, she woke up feeling sick, as if she’d been under anesthesia [31] and when she went to check on M, she was gone [12] but that she’d been looking for her “non-stop” since then [31]

F NOV 25 - DAY 4
NO SCHOOL [4]
[TIME?] - MomDC's vehicle reportedly seen in Weaverville, NC at an IHOP [35]

Sa NOV 26 - DAY 5
7PM - According to MomDC, SDadCP returned from his trip to Michigan and she asked him if he knew where M was, but he did not; she did not make missing persons report because she was "worried to might start a conflict" between her and SDadCP; he claims that he asked MomDC then and in weeks following if she had "hidden" M from him [12]

Su NOV 27 - DAY 6
[PM] According to neighbors, there were fires burning in the yard at the residence "at all hours" beginning on this day [19@2:22]; items burned included couch cushions; Cornelius FD chief acknowledges blaze but can’t comment on it [26*]

M DEC 12 - DAY 21
2PM [17] - SRO tried to make a home visit to address M's truancy, but no one answered at residence [12]; truancy packet was left [15]

T DEC 13 - DAY 22
[TIME?] - Around this date (“Roughly, I don’t know, 13, 14”) MomDC cried on the phone to her sister AuntCP, stating that she was afraid SDadCP was listening to her phone conversations, knew M was gone but did not know where, and that when she had woken up on W 23 NOV, she’d felt sick, like she’d been waking up from anesthesia [31]

W DEC 14 - DAY 23
[TIME?] - MomDC calls school counselor and schedules meeting to discuss truancy, saying she will bring M [15]

Th DEC 15 - REPORTED MISSING - DAY 24
1:15PM - M reported missing to Bailey Middle School SRO by "parents" [1] MomDC supposed to bring M to meeting at school about truancy but arrived without her, claiming that she did not know where M was [12]

F DEC 16 - DAY 25
[PM] FBI, SBI searching residence, "spent hours digging in the ground in her backyard, and searching for evidence inside the home" [3]

Sa DEC 17 - SDadCP & MomDC ARRESTED - DAY 26
[TIME?] during visit to home [on this date?], LE note that kitchen was blocked off; SDadCP claimed it was to create another apartment [20]
12:29AM [6] - SDadCP arrested for failure to report disappearance of child, held on $100k bond [2]
[AM] According to neighbors, there were fires burning in the yard at residence up to this time [19@2:22]
10:12AM - MomDC arrested for failure to report disappearance of child, held on $100k bond [7]; stated that she “believed her husband put her family in danger”; family in Moldova had told her to call the police but she did not; stated that a bookbag with clothes was missing [20]

Su DEC 18 - DAY 27
[PM] - FBI, SBI, CPD return to residence, collect evidence, bring in K9 unit, tow vehicle [8]
View attachment 388683

M DEC 19 - DAY 28
[AM] - Search includes Lake Cornelius/Lake Davidson [9]
[AM] - SDadCP appears in court, bond increased to $200k [9]; represented by public defender; both parents state they do not know where M is [11]

T DEC 20 - DAY 29
[AM] - MomDC appears in court [9]; bond increased to $250k [13]; electronic monitoring will be required should she makes bond [14]
7PM - Prayer vigil held in common area near home [10][21]

W DEC 21 - DAY 30
AM - Interview with MomDC’s father in Moldova published [22] - cf ? OCT
5PM - Cornelius PD return to residence, possibly taking photos [23]

Th DEC 22 - DAY 31
AM - Members of M’s extended (Palmiter [25]) family release letter requesting public’s help in finding her [24]
7PM - Prayer vigil held at Cornelius Town Square [10]

F DEC 23 - DAY 32
PM - SDadCP’s FB page updated with new profile pic, removal of other info [27]

SOMETIME BETWEEN T DEC 27 and F JAN 6
LE canvassing in Madison County; search dogs spotted along Lonesome Mountain Road [33]

T DEC 27 - DAY 36
PM - Cornelius PD release video update - states it is a “serious case of a child whose parents clearly are not telling us everything they know”[30]

W DEC 28 - DAY 37
PM - COURT DATE: Bond hearings for SDadCP & MomDC scheduled [25] - not held [29]
PM - New bond conditions agreed upon with judge [29]
  • If released, MomDC and SDadCP will surrender their passports [29]
  • If released, SDadCP would also be required to wear an electronic monitoring device [29] (already a condition for MomDC - cf T Dec 20) [29]
F DEC 30 - DAY 39
Warrants for Dec 21 search of residence temporarily sealed [33] - cf T Jan 10

F JAN 6 - DAY 46
LE asks for info about anyone seeing MomDC or Prius in Madison County (about 3hrs from M’s home) between Nov 22 and Dec 15 [33]

T JAN 10 - DAY 50

Warrants for search of residence unsealed [34] - cf F Dec 30

------------
SOURCES
[1] Cornelius PD FB post - Dec 15
[2] Stepdad of missing 11-year-old - WSOC - Dec 16
[3] FBI, SBI search Cornelius home - WCCB - Dec 16
[4] Bailey MIddle School calendar
[5] Police asking for public's help... VIDEO - WCNC - Dec 17
[6] Mecklenburg Co arrest record for Christopher Palmiter (saved on Wayback)
[7] Mecklenburg Co arrest record for Diana Cojocari (saved on Wayback)
[8] FBI, SBI Return to Home of 11-Year-Old... - WCCB - Dec 18
[9] Search for Madalina Cojocari expands - WCNC - Dec 19
[10] Police search lake in Cornelius... - Charlotte Observer - Dec 19
[11] Stepfather of missing 11-year-old... - WBTV - Dec 20
[12] @DerekDlngr tweet THREAD - WJZY - Dec 20
[13] @DerekDlngr tweet THREAD - WJZY - Dec 20
[14] @MaryCalkinsTV tweet - WBTV - Dec 20
[15] Arrest report: Mom, dad say missing girl last seen - WSOC - Dec 20
[16] Mom has 'hindered the investigation' - WBTV - Dec 20
[17] @SydneyHeiberger tweet - Fox46 - Dec 20
[18] Cornelius PD press release tweet - Dec 20 - incl link to bus VIDEO
[19] Madalina Cojocari Missing - WCNC VIDEO - Dec 17
[20] Mother of Missing Cornelius girl - WBTV - Dec 21
[21] @observer_photog tweet - Charlotte Observer - Dec 21
[22] Ce declară bunelul fetiței dispărute în SUA - stri.md - Dec 21
[23] Large police presence spotted at home - WBTV - Dec 21
[24] ‘We are desperate to find her right now’ - WSOC - Dec 22
[25] New insight into Madalina Cojocari’s extended family - WCCB - Dec 22
[26] Family of missing Madalina Cojocari, 11, lit a fire – DailyMail *TABLOID - Dec 22
[27] FBI releases new photos - WCCB - Dec 23
[28] @DerekDlngr tweet THREAD - WJZY - Dec 28
[29] Judge sets new bond conditions - WSCOC - Dec 29
[30] Cornelius PD FB video - Dec 27
[31] Mărturia exclusivă făcută de mama Mădălinei Cojocari - Antena3.ro - Dec 29
[32] Missing Madalina Cojocari: Police seek information - Jan 6
[33] Find Madalina: Police ask anyone who saw mom, car - Jan 6
[34] Search warrants released - WCNC - Jan 10
[35] Missing Girl Madalina Cojocari and Her Mom's Car Seen - Inside Edition - Jan 30

------------------------------

MOOs

I find it very unlikely that MomDC drove up to Weaverville on Nov 22 (a 3-hour drive from their home), then home on Nov 23 (in time to have a fight that evening) and then back up to Weaverville on Nov 25.

So did the big fight actually happen, and if so, WHEN and WHERE? Did SDadCP actually go to Michigan, and if so, when?

Thanks @wnk for updated timeline. I agree with your opinions. I will question these recently reported additional sightings of DC's vehicle in Weaverville until I see confirmation from LE or local news reporting.

Last edited:
Of course, the option that M has been hidden for her own safety doesn't explain all the burning in the back yard.:(
I agree, it just doesn’t make sense.If DC hid M so well that the police and everyone involved can’t find her I think she would have thought about lying to school as an excuse of why M is missing school and not get everyone involved and now sit in jail.
Everything seems so sloppy, no school absence excuse, fire in the backyard etc.
Still stunned that none of them is talking but maybe they go for “ no body no case” IMO

Parents aren't talking because anything they say at this point will further incriminate themselves. This could be a no-body case. Three-weeks with no one watching is plenty of time to dispose of a body far away from home. Madalina didn't disappear herself and there is no indication of anyone else being involved, except parents.

Unless parents are smarter than LE and FBI combined, there should be sufficient evidence to include additional charges. Madalina deserves justice for whatever harm has happened to her.
just my opinion.

I'm wondering how it goes at this point. If the parents will be locked up at least until their March 2 court date anyway, I guess the authorities might just wait until then to add on more charges, if they've found grounds to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!