NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if North Carolina has a prominent State investigative bureau?

I am wondering who or what is investigating this case besides Cornelius Sheriff Dept (with assist from FBI).

I am aware Tennessee has TBI* and South Carolina has SLED*, but have never seen NC LE mention a state agency.

*TBI: Tennessee Bureau of Investigation
*SLED: South Carolina Law Enforcement Division.

Thanks in advance for answers.

Does anyone know if North Carolina has a prominent State investigative bureau?

I am wondering who or what is investigating this case besides Cornelius Sheriff Dept (with assist from FBI).

I am aware Tennessee has TBI* and South Carolina has SLED*, but have never seen NC LE mention a state agency.

*TBI: Tennessee Bureau of Investigation
*SLED: South Carolina Law Enforcement Division.

Thanks in advance for answers.

I am not familiar, but maybe..

FEB 14

CHARLOTTE, N.C. – North Carolina police have released a new photo of Madalina Cojocari, a missing 11-year-old girl whose disappearance was reported to police nearly two months ago.

331052146_509375077797227_3243242658607178972_n.jpg

Also, authorities also conducted another search of Madalina Cojocari’s house the same day. Neighbors told Queen City News that they saw several investigators and a police dog on the property.

It's the first time neighbors have seen investigators back on their street in several weeks.

Cornelius Police, the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigations, its K-9 unit and a Mecklenburg County Assistant District Attorney were at the Cojocari house on Tuesday night, WCNC Charlotte has confirmed.

It seems that enough time has passed since the initial searches that LE should have received some of the forensic results by now. If so, I'm assuming that they didn't find proof that Madalina is no longer with us, since they are still asking the public to be on the lookout for her. It is interesting that they are continuing to search at the house.

Officers with the Cornelius Police Department (CPD) returned to the missing girl's home this week with K9s to search the property, a spokesperson with the Mecklenburg County District Attorney's Office tells Inside Edition Digital.

Also present at the search was an assistant district attorney.

The ADA "was there as part of our office’s legal obligation to consult with law enforcement," the spokesperson explains.

No further comments could be made by the district attorney's office because this is an ongoing investigation.

Officers with the Cornelius Police Department (CPD) returned to the missing girl's home this week with K9s to search the property, a spokesperson with the Mecklenburg County District Attorney's Office tells Inside Edition Digital.

Also present at the search was an assistant district attorney.

The ADA "was there as part of our office’s legal obligation to consult with law enforcement," the spokesperson explains.

No further comments could be made by the district attorney's office because this is an ongoing investigation.

LE and this time the ADA seem to keep coming back to the home ?
Just things that make me go "Hmmm..." ?

Where are you, Madalina ?
:(

FEB 17

MECKLENBURG COUNTY, N.C. — It has now been almost 90 days since Madalina Cojocari was last seen publicly. That was on November 21, but her mom and stepdad didn’t report her missing for three weeks. That delay in reporting violates state law.

That is why Madalina’s mother and stepfather, who were arrested two months ago, remain in custody.

“They’re charged with a class I felony, which is the lowest level felony that exists,” Tim Emry, a Charlotte area defense attorney who is not involved in this case, said.

Emry said that Cojocari and Palmiter would likely get probation if they are convicted of failing to report that Madalina was missing.

More at Caylee's law: What sentence could Madalina Cojocari's parents face?

I wish we knew more details about the stepdad's drive to Michigan. Did he take his phone? Can please determine his route? Can police determine where the stepdad stopped? Was this trip planned? Did the stepdad really go to Michigan?
Good questions. ^^^

I have other speculative ideas about why he may have driven away so suddenly that day ?
Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members