NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Post in thread 'NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, parents reported missing Dec 15, last seen at home, Cornelius, 23 Nov 2022'
NC - NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, parents reported missing Dec 15, last seen at home, Cornelius, 23 Nov 2022

I believe this link will take us to @wnk ’s most recent timeline with sources from thread 1. I’ve not tried to post a message from another thread before, so forgive me if it doesn’t work properly.

If there are links that some posters can’t read due to a firewall or paywall, let us know, and I’m sure someone can quote or summarize.

Happy new year!
It did not take me to wnk's timeline. It allowed me to follow wnk, but I don't know how to get to wnk.

Here is an interview with an FBI special agent that speaks to sealed warrants. He specifically says that (among other reasons) sometimes they are sealed if prosecutors don’t want the defendants to know they are in possession of certain evidence. The source is Queen City News, posted 12/30/22.

Idk one thing about this issue and have been following the earlier posts about it.

Attaching YouTube link below:

Im a bit confused by “last seen” in arrest sheet posted above it says she was last seen 1200 hours on the 22nd later it says that DC last seen her 1200 on 23rd.
So which one is it?
Interestingly, it actually doesn't say 1200 on the 22nd.

If you look at DC's arrest warrant, it states "When Officer Nobles (SRO) arrived, Mrs. Lampkin (counselor) and Diana advised me that Madalina has been missing since Tuesday, November 23, 2022, at approximately 1200 hours." Tuesday was actually November 22nd. No telling whether that was a misunderstanding, typo or whether she actually said that day, date, time.

Then it says, "Officer Nobles spoke to Diana Colocari who advised she last saw Madalina on Wednesday. November 23, 2022 at 2200 hours." This could have been a separate conversation after the original one with the counselor.

Both statements appear to be from Officer Nobles. There's definitely a discrepancy somewhere but only LE knows where. Aside from the arrest record, I haven't read anything that says Tuesday or 1200 hours.

It's anybody's guess when Madalina truly went missing. Last verifiable sighting was Monday, November 21st around 5pm on the school bus.

IMO, one of the many ironic things is that if DC and CP are covering up a crime that they're both aware took place, they didn't have to give a date that far back. CP's personal statement was even FARTHER back stating a week prior to Thanksgiving, November 16th. They could have both said that they saw her on Sunday, November 27th. Yet, both of them have made so many sketchy statements that don't add up on their own, combined or in any rational way.

I am somewhat disheartened that this case appears to have lost interest by the public. There's very little news coverage about it anymore. Very few people commenting on Websleuths. Very few comments on FB/Twitter, etc.

LE doesn't seem to be giving regular updates with any information that would keep this case in mainstream media. Why would that be? If the public should actually be "looking" for Madalina, shouldn't this be getting more attention?

Last edited:

If you look at DC's arrest warrant, it states "When Officer Nobles (SRO) arrived, Mrs. Lampkin (counselor) and Diana advised me that Madalina has been missing since Tuesday, November 23, 2022, at approximately 1200 hours." Tuesday was actually November 22nd. No telling whether that was a misunderstanding, typo or whether she actually said that day, date, time.

Then it says, "Officer Nobles spoke to Diana Colocari who advised she last saw Madalina on Wednesday. November 23, 2022 at 2200 hours." This could have been a separate conversation after the original one with the counselor.

Both statements appear to be from Officer Nobles. There's definitely a discrepancy somewhere but only LE knows where. Aside from the arrest record, I haven't read anything that says Tuesday or 1200 hours.

It's anybody's guess when Madalina truly went missing. Last verifiable sighting was Monday, November 21st around 5pm on the school bus.

IMO, one of the many ironic things is that if DC and CP are covering up a crime that they're both aware took place, they didn't have to give a date that far back. CP's personal statement was even FARTHER back stating a week prior to Thanksgiving, November 16th. They could have both said that they saw her on Sunday, November 27th. Yet, both of them have made so many sketchy statements that don't add up on their own, combined or in any rational way.

I am somewhat disheartened that this case appears to have lost interest by the public. There's very little news coverage about it anymore. Very few people commenting on Websleuths. Very few comments on FB/Twitter, etc.

LE doesn't seem to be giving regular updates with any information that would keep this case in mainstream media. Why would that be? If the public should actually be "looking" for Madalina, shouldn't this be getting more attention?
My guess is that LE has information that cannot be shared in public updates and may also suggest that local searches aren't needed. I would bet they are working on cell records and locations between NC and MI. moo

Lack of new comments here usually indicates a simple matter of lack of new info to discuss, not a lack of interest in the case.

jmo

It is understandable that LE are not able to release specific investigative details. I think that Cornelius PD has done an outstanding job giving frequent updates as a way of keeping Madalina's name and picture in the forefront, even though there are no new facts to report. I believe that they have a personal interest in Madalina and that they care very much about finding the answers and getting justice for her.

This is the latest post from Cornelius PD from 2 days ago, including a video.

Thank you for continuing to spread information on social media to help us #FindMadalina.

Please make certain your shares and comments relate to official information. We've seen a few spam videos, false posts and even fake police department merchandise links shared in the comments.
If you have firsthand information to help investigators, please call 704-892-7773
Thank you

I don't know how to post the video here, but it's at the link.

Lack of new comments here usually indicates a simple matter of lack of new info to discuss, not a lack of interest in the case.

jmo
IMHO, lack of comments does indicate a lack of interest. Obviously those of us posting are still interested but it's hard for me to find anything new these days on any platform. There's some small news stations with short articles about what DC's sister has said or about CP's brother at the house but nothing more.

IMO, if you still want people in a multi-state area looking for a missing girl, LE would do a press conference to keep interest up.

IMO, they may know from evidence collected that Madalina isn't still alive. IMO, they know that the perp is one or both of the two people sitting in jail right now. IMO, the public's involvement could be a distraction to them and they are focused on digging down on the details and evidence known.

I just want to keep Madalina's story alive. She deserves to be found. She deserves justice.

It is understandable that LE are not able to release specific investigative details. I think that Cornelius PD has done an outstanding job giving frequent updates as a way of keeping Madalina's name and picture in the forefront, even though there are no new facts to report. I believe that they have a personal interest in Madalina and that they care very much about finding the answers and getting justice for her.

This is the latest post from Cornelius PD from 2 days ago, including a video.

Thank you for continuing to spread information on social media to help us #FindMadalina.

Please make certain your shares and comments relate to official information. We've seen a few spam videos, false posts and even fake police department merchandise links shared in the comments.
If you have firsthand information to help investigators, please call 704-892-7773
Thank you

I don't know how to post the video here, but it's at the link.
CPD has done an outstanding job. I have no doubt that they care about this little girl. I'm sure many or most of them have children of their own and want nothing more than justice for Madalina.

If you read their last post, I felt like the topic was more of a warning about the spam, false posts and merchandise being advertised. It wasn't about "please look for this little girl". There was a comment asking about providing the missing person poster in additional languages which makes sense and hasn't been answered. I would love to help with something like that but Google Translate oftentimes doesn't translate well.

bank that i an whomever I approve too look at anytime they wishI think Ring recycles. May no longer be relevant, although probably Ring tech could get older pics.
I have a ring doorbell camera it all gets sent to a databank which I or whoever I approve can look at any time. ( I can go back over a year to when my camera was first installed.) I will say this about the doorbell cams .. you can set a distance on them ( I assume for people who live on busy streets) that only start recording at a certain distance. my camera goes off if a bird lands on one of my trees or if it is windy and the trees move quite a bit or my lovely next doors cat who bless its socks likes tormenting the birds in my driveway.-But it doesn't go off if my neighbour uses their driveway. so while someone could have a camera - it may not have alerted due to the distance set.

I have a ring doorbell camera it all gets sent to a databank which I or whoever I approve can look at any time. ( I can go back over a year to when my camera was first installed.) I will say this about the doorbell cams .. you can set a distance on them ( I assume for people who live on busy streets) that only start recording at a certain distance. my camera goes off if a bird lands on one of my trees or if it is windy and the trees move quite a bit or my lovely next doors cat who bless its socks likes tormenting the birds in my driveway.-But it doesn't go off if my neighbour uses their driveway. so while someone could have a camera - it may not have alerted due to the distance set.
I can't have my Ring doorbell set for a zone any farther than a few feet. I have tried so many zones and setting. If anyone walks on the sidewalk in front of my house in the afternoon, their shadows set it off even if they're outside of my zone. And when it's set on low sensitivity/people only, it still goes off because headlights reflect off things.

I do have it set to take snapshots. I can't remember the options but it takes a snapshot like every 90 seconds or so. If police reviewed my Ring camera for alerts, they would see shadows and headlights. If they reviewed the snapshots, they might actually see something worthwhile but I doubt they have time to comb through snapshots over a multi-week period. :(

Edited - I checked and my snapshots are every 30 seconds. The options are 30 seconds, 1 minute and 3 minutes. There are 86,400 seconds in a day so they would have to look through 2880 snaps for every day over that 3 weeks period.

wow it must chew up the charge life in your device- I have often joked thinking I should just attach my doorbell camera to the next doors cat but then I wonder how many kitty litter pics I would end up with.
yeah, I disabled the snapshot feature. I seem to get enough footage throughout the day that is of no use to anyone but birdwatchers. the noise of it recording has desensitised me - so takes me a second to go opps that the actual doorbell.

the neighbour's security camera helped Shannan and her little girls get justice (Chris watts) so should really think about the snapshot option. or even adjust my virtual fence border. hmmm food for thought :)

Here is an interview with an FBI special agent that speaks to sealed warrants. He specifically says that (among other reasons) sometimes they are sealed if prosecutors don’t want the defendants to know they are in possession of certain evidence. The source is Queen City News, posted 12/30/22.

Idk one thing about this issue and have been following the earlier posts about it.

Attaching YouTube link below:

In regards to the sealing of warrants from defense counsel....this is correct, at least on some states. In the state I am employed, Pennsylvania, does allow for the prosecution to request sealing warrants to defense counsel in criminal court for a period of 30 days and cannot extend beyond the date of the preliminary hearing. I'm unsure if North Carolina also has similar provisions.

See subsection F: Defendant's access to sealed warrant under PA code of criminal procedure 513.1

In regards to the sealing of warrants from defense counsel....this is correct, at least on some states. In the state I am employed, Pennsylvania, does allow for the prosecution to request sealing warrants to defense counsel in criminal court for a period of 30 days and cannot extend beyond the date of the preliminary hearing. I'm unsure if North Carolina also has similar provisions.

See subsection F: Defendant's access to sealed warrant under PA code of criminal procedure 513.1

are you allowed to comment on why they seal such warrants?

I’m stunned about either of parent to not admitting what happened to Madalina. One would think that after all this time one of them would break and tell everything.

As some posters mentioned earlier that Madalina’s case became quiet.
I think it’s because of lack of new info. There isn’t much to discuss at this point. IMO but parent/s are responsible and it is body recovery mission for LE.
I think she will be found because they dont seem like mastermind killers and probably didn’t do good job to conceal body/ crime scene. IMO

I’m stunned about either of parent to not admitting what happened to Madalina. One would think that after all this time one of them would break and tell everything.

I think eventually, one of them will do exactly that. Maybe not tell everything, but one of them will eventually cave (probably when LE confronts them with the evidence that indicates she's likely no longer alive) and blame the other one, imo, and that will get the ball rolling.

I think, one of them killed her, they both know exactly what happened and why, and then one of them disposed of her.
And I'd love for nothing more, than to be completely wrong, and she's alive somewhere. That's just not statistically the way this will end up, unfortunately.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member