NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
CHARLOTTE — A little over a week after a jury found Christopher Palmiter guilty of failing to report Madalina Cojocari’s disappearance, Palmiter has filed for divorce from Cojocari’s mother.

Other people have also noticed Diana Cojocari around town.
“I think it is very awkward to see the mother out in public walking the streets of the neighborhood, using public places, just free in general and the little girl is still missing,” Kari, a Cornelius resident who did not wish to provide a list name, said.

For Kari, a mother herself, she said this disappearance hits close to home. Kari said her home was one of many searched in the Victoria Bay neighborhood.

“My son is the same age as Madalina and they got on the same school bus. The FBI searched my house in December when it was all going on,” Kari said. “They searched every nook and cranny of our house, and I complied. Anything we can do to help.”

Ugh this is confusing. Personally, I was leaning toward CP really not having any info to bargain with, not being involved. Until he testified re the not reporting a child missing charge. My impression then was that it all just seemed to fit a little too neatly, his responses too perfect, an answer for everything. Like it was all attorney orchestrated and rehearsed.

Now? On the one hand, why would a guilty party divorce his wife and lose that spousal immunity re testifying against each other? But on the other hand, it seems it could easily be a planned performance with the two of them working together, and likely is, if his earlier testifying was.

DC roaming the neighborhood, sleeping at the pool and on their front porch, could be considered almost like they want to be sure nobody misses it. And I could also see motive for that, DC is portrayed as obviously guilty, mentally ill and working alone, then lands safely out of the hands of the US justice system, in Moldova. Meanwhile, CP stays here and is portrayed as 100% innocent, no matter what new evidence comes to light later.

Maybe better to not think too much and just see what happens, IDK. Ugh. ALL MOO.

Last edited:
one would think she would have gotten the first ticket out of there unless mentally, she truly isnt well
Yes. Unless Madalina is alive and nearby OR there's some reason that she is not able to leave, that we haven't been told.

It seems like every time with this case that I think I might be on to something, then I can think of a logical reason it could just as easily be the opposite. Definitely Dateline material here, unfortunately. All MOO

Last edited:
I do tend to believe CP. Obviously DC is a complete fruitcake. I think it might not be coincidental that she has an ex-husband and an ex-lover in her past - I would love to hear their opinions of her! But where is little Madalina?? We are no closer to finding her than we ever were :(

I remember seeing a few people thinking that maybe this religious group she follows could have something to do with the disappearance. I wonder if they have found anything to direct them in that direction. I don't feel like either parent is smart enough to hide Madalina for this long alive or dead without some help. DC navigated our court system too easily IMO.

After her release, she returned to their Victoria Bay home. Palmiter said he found her sleeping on their porch and let her come inside and spend the night. One of Palmiter’s relatives took her the next day to a Huntersville hotel, he said, because he did not want her around the house.

Based on the felony conviction, she faces possible deportation to Moldova.

In court papers that originated late last week before an Iredell notary, Palmiter said the couple had been separated since Dec. 7, 2022, when both were arrested on the failure to report charge.

Now that Diana will soon be divorced would Madalina still need to be hidden from alleged bad people?

It’s been nearly 2 years since Diana saw her daughter and it’s likely LE is keeping an eye on her in hopes of learning what happened. At what point does this all become a ridiculous charade intended to cover up a nefarious event that has nothing to do with keeping Madalina safe?
MOO of course.

SB @tlcya for focus

It’s been nearly 2 years since Diana saw her daughter and it’s likely LE is keeping an eye on her in hopes of learning what happened. At what point does this all become a ridiculous charade intended to cover up a nefarious event that has nothing to do with keeping Madalina safe?
MOO of course.
MOO we hit that point the moment CP was taken into custody and charged with failure to report. If Madalina was truly in danger from him there was no longer a need to keep her daughter hidden to "protect" her from some nefarious underworld connections.

I feel sorry for CP. He obviously isn't the brightest bulb, as well as being pretty gullible, and I can see how it was probably loneliness which caused him to marry an online bride with a little girl - an instant family of his own. And I believe he and Madalina did have a very affectionate relationship. I wonder if DC resented that?

This case angers me to no end. Diana claims to have had a vision that “something bad is coming.” IMO she’s either truly delusional and is striving to be like that weird woman who supposedly was a prophet or else she’s attempting to blow smoke up everyone’s you know what.

Chris is convinced Diana has Madalina hidden away and won’t be found. Great, so Madalina is… where?

Living in an isolated cabin in the mountains? Living deep in the Florida Everglades? Who’s taking care of her? Who took care of her while her mother was in jail?

Does she go to school? Does she have friends? Can she walk into a McDonald’s for some fast food? Go to a movie?

That Chris believes Madalina won’t be found is ominous IMO. If she’s hidden so well that she’ll never freely walk in public is that really living? She’s so young and thanks to her deluded mother - who is currently able to come and go as she pleases - this beautiful child will never enjoy the simple pleasures other kids experience every day.

And on a sinister note, what if Diana had another “vision” that Madalina would never be safe no matter how well hidden? We’ve seen other cases here where mentally unstable caregivers attack and even murder children, believing they’re demons or somehow can’t be safe while still alive.

I don’t hold out much hope that Madalina is “safe” or even happy. Or alive.

All MOO only based on the current information.

I also think we could have as easily been given just another layer of obfuscation as any further clarity with CP's court hearing, too.

After all, an attorney's job is not to uncover the unvarnished truth, it is to make their client appear not guilty. They will definitely spin a story to great lengths and rehearse the spinning with their client to great lengths, to that end. This is a high profile case that could have enormous impact on an attorney's career imo and also potentially a murder/life in prison case. So I could definitely see an attorney/law firm putting in far more effort than the usual, regardless of what their client is able to pay for.

I keep remembering the Casey Anthony trial, OJ Simpson trial, etc. So I am not sure know much at all, after all this time, and in spite of all we've heard, beyond just that Madalina Cojocari is missing and her parents didn't report her missing until the school stepped in three weeks later. :( MOO

Last edited:
You are right about the lawyer this could make or break him, I worked for a lawyer, and he always told me, "if the law is against you argue the facts, if the facts are against you argue the law, if the law and fact's are against you just argue".

Yes. Unless Madalina is alive and nearby OR there's some reason that she is not able to leave, that we haven't been told.

It seems like every time with this case that I think I might be on to something, then I can think of a logical reason it could just as easily be the opposite. Definitely Dateline material here, unfortunately. All MOO
There is no one who wouldn't have told by now if she was just hidden for "her safety". I believe she is dead, sadly. I think one or both of her parents is complicit. I hope I'm wrong. I would be overjoyed to be wrong about it. Parents a lot less crazy than Diana have killed their kids.

There is no one who wouldn't have told by now if she was just hidden for "her safety". I believe she is dead, sadly. I think one or both of her parents is complicit. I hope I'm wrong. I would be overjoyed to be wrong about it. Parents a lot less crazy than Diana have killed their kids.
I hold out... because of stories like this one:

Maybe there's something like this in play. And her story will emerge when she reaches 18....

Jmo

I'm still holding on the thought of she may be found alive. The fact that I'm thinking this way is that the DA and LE still have evidence they have not released. This is what is giving me hope she will be found alive. I hate to think that she met her demise at such a young innocent age.

I'm still holding on the thought of she may be found alive. The fact that I'm thinking this way is that the DA and LE still have evidence they have not released. This is what is giving me hope she will be found alive. I hate to think that she met her demise at such a young innocent age.

I hope so, too. I think she's with family back in Moldova. MOO!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14
Back