NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #3

This is such an interesting, perplexing case.

The charges, relatively minor IMO. Failure to report.

Is it illegal to send your minor off to live with someone else? (If that's what happened.) Mom had full custody and authority.

Would ANY of this have unfolded if Mom notified the school that her daughter was going to be homeschooled or was moving to Moldova?

Would she even be obligated to tell the steddad where she was sending her daughter? He had no legal claim, no grounds to object. Maybe even no desire to object.

It was because the SCHOOL pushed for a wellness check... seems like a Daybell situation.

So why is there no order to compell? Produce the child so the Court can be satisfied she's alive and in no distress? No child, then why no held in contempt until child is produced?

JMO

I hope so too! I wonder how she would she have gotten to Moldova unnoticed? Wouldn’t authorities have checked any travel by plane or boat? Passport, tickets etc? MOO
IF she was sent away essentially for safekeeping, because of real or imaginary threats in the mind of her mother, I'm picturing sort of an underground railroad. Reverse drug smuggling so to speak. The same channels. Fake IDs, mules, bribes. Sympathetic allies. In which case, she could have traveled with a family out of the US. No abduction, pre-arranged. Even by way of a third country. A family with other children, maybe a legitimate passport for a child of the same age/gender...

I'll lose my equilibrium if this case devolves into caregiver homicide.

I need a happy ending. We don't get them often but I'm going to camp on it here for as long as I can.

JMO

CORNELIUS, NC (QUEEN CITY NEWS) — Court video and documents relating to the state of North Carolina’s case against Christopher Palmiter have been released after a request from Queen City News and NewsNation for the materials.

The materials include various family pictures, pictures police took of the home, audio recordings of conversations between Palmiter’s wife, Diana Cojocari, and nearly two hours of video interrogations of both Cojocari and Palmiter.

Officers can also be heard, out of earshot of Palmiter, noting how strange the case is already sounding.

“That’s weird,” one officer noted. “Very,” the other replied.

The videos released also include an interrogation of Diana Cojocari; however, the audio is muted. Court officials told Queen City News that because the video released related to Palmiter’s case, the video they received had the audio of Cojocari’s statements muted. However, the video showed Diana Cojocari showing a notebook to police.

More at link

I am wondering if any guard, medical staff,CO's or anyone else that was around DC while she was incarcerated ever noticed any strange behavior. I haven't read any friends neighbors ever say that DC was a strange person. We heard the mental problems only after CP went to trial. Are the strange behaviors the neighborhood residents are saying ex. sleeping on the porch, at the pool, showering at the pool house, is this her mental state just now coming out, or are they acting? I still think whatever happened it involved both of them. CP it could have been after the fact.

Long article... interesting information on deportation ...

DC has been seen around town...

While she is now named as a suspect, she has not been charged with anything since her release.

JMO

"Her mother, Diana Cojocari, is considered a suspect in her disappearance," the flier shared on Tuesday read. Police have emphasized that, despite being declared a suspect, Ms Cojocari is not being sought by the police and is not being charged with any new offenses.
1719393253752.jpeg
Madalina's stepfather, Christopher Palmiter, was also convicted of failing to report her missing and is currently serving a suspended sentence. Along with a photo of Madalina, the flier also had a photo of Cojocari.

"Diana Cojocari is Madalina's mother. She is considered a suspect in her disappearance and we remain focused and committed to finding Madalina," said Deputy Chief Jennifer Thompson in a statement.

DC isn't being charged with a new offense right now, but I have the feeling that if ICE acted upon deporting her, she would have a new charge mighty fast. I think that LE will do everything in their power to keep her in the country while the investigation is ongoing. LE found her passport in her car, and they had possession of it. I'm wondering if they returned the passport to her when she was released or if there was any way they were able to keep possession of it. If she has her passport, I'm surprised that she hasn't returned to Moldova.

Finally ABC News and CNN are beginning to take Madalina's story seriously.

CNN has reached out to Cojocari’s attorney, Daniel Powers Roberts, regarding her new status as a suspect in the case.

Queen City News spoke with Walter Bowers, a lawyer and former law enforcement officer, and Michael Tabman, a former FBI Special Agent In Charge, about the case involving Madalina Cojocari.

“There are certainly times where individuals are considered suspects and they don’t really want anyone to be aware so that they don’t show their hand,” said Bowers, who added the designation of Diana Cojocari as a suspect is an important one.

“It also brings pressure, not on the mom, but others, because they may have more details,” he added.

Last week, Queen City News reported on the state’s evidence in the Palmiter case, which has new relevance with the designation of Diana Cojocari as a suspect.

"Her mother, Diana Cojocari, is considered a suspect in her disappearance," the flier shared on Tuesday read. Police have emphasized that, despite being declared a suspect, Ms Cojocari is not being sought by the police and is not being charged with any new offenses.
View attachment 513308
Madalina's stepfather, Christopher Palmiter, was also convicted of failing to report her missing and is currently serving a suspended sentence. Along with a photo of Madalina, the flier also had a photo of Cojocari.

"Diana Cojocari is Madalina's mother. She is considered a suspect in her disappearance and we remain focused and committed to finding Madalina," said Deputy Chief Jennifer Thompson in a statement.
this pronouncement is all about applying pressure. JMO

basically says we have our eye on her, we don't have a warrant for her (yet) but we are watching (so should you be).

all the cows

It's certainly curious they've formally named DC as a suspect, and also haven't named CP as one.

I found his testimony believable, so maybe LE do too, due to the evidence (or lack of it, as the case might be) they have? I guess time will tell.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rouark50
Back