Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The park employee gave his perception of the situation. It was indeed a bold statement. I imagine because it must have bothered him a lot to be searching for a child with a parent who in his mind did not share his urgency or panic.
But the thing is how can he really judge that?People react differently in situations.My dad was married to my mom for 32 years but when she died he showed no emotion at the funeral.Some people keep their pain inside and I hate when people make snap judgements like somebody didn't cry enough.

But the thing is how can he really judge that?People react differently in situations.My dad was married to my mom for 32 years but when she died he showed no emotion at the funeral.Some people keep their pain inside and I hate when people make snap judgements like somebody didn't cry enough.

My daughter accused me of not grieving for her father.A couple years and fights later, I asked what stood out to you the most, in those early horrible days. She sat for a while thinking and finally said flippantly , you just took a lot of showers. I said that was when I sat on the floor crying, choking, wailing. In the shower.
35 years later she lost and grieved for a child. When I walked up to her day 2 of her grief, she grabbed me and said “now I understand your showers.

How? The same way we do on here. Judging is how we make sense of things. We judge based on our own experiences. It was his perception of the situation. Perception is reality. He called it like he saw it.

Lack of emotion is not the same as lack of urgency, imo.

I hate to even think this, but I
suspect foul play and the body dumped at the creek location . I do not think he traveled that far on foot.
Hope justice is served.

I am extremely interested in what the autopsy results turn out to be as well as any other revelations that will come out regarding the investigation that is still ongoing.

It's certainly possible that he walked to where they found him. It was only alittle over a mile away but something does not sit right with me about it considering the makeup of the land around the creek.

Stop..... what was your loss?

What do you mean what was my loss? Are you implying I've never suffered loss in my life?

It's irrelevant anyway and has nothing to do with my opinion-

Urgency
noun

1. 1.
    importance requiring swift action

A person can appear to be completely without emotion and still display a sense of urgency.

Moo

Im so confused, we keep hearing that there were lots and lots of people at the park that day but, in this video the lady who was at the park with her son for his birthday and took pictures of the two of them out on the dock just said......I saw a man and a woman and a little boy cause they stopped to look at a moccasin,and the geese, I know cause I stopped to look at it too, then she says, whether that was them or not those were the only people I saw that day at the park. So with all the people that was supposingly there, these 3 people were the only ones she saw????

Also, seeing how this has turned out to be such a tragic event and it has become international news, shouldn't it be very easy to remember the (claimed) ONLY other 3 people...a man a woman and a small child that stood right near them? I mean come on... I have a crappy memory but I could identity wether it was these specific people 24 hours later. Especially if it was aired on every news network in America. BTW... Wouldn't identifying or describing the father's "friend" help the would be witnesses remember these 3 allot easier than just the father and son?
Ok, think about this.... Maybe the reason the police haven't given a description of the father's "friend" is done purposely? Anyone that can correctly identity the "friend" would be a great way to assure they have a real witness right? Hmmmm.

I thought it was totally wrong for the park ranger to make such a statement like that to the public.He had no clue whether the child was in the park or not and it was absurd for him to state that because he didn't see him he must not have been there.Guy is not police or FBI and should leave it to the experts.
Regarding the park attendant:
Weren't there cameras in the park?
IMO, he had viewed the footage and gave his opinion regarding the child.
He stated he didn't think the child was ever there.
moo

The father’s full statement - oh good lord, how painful. I hope we find out what truly happened here and COD and etc. IF, IF, IF this father had anything to so with his son’s death directly, I would be stunned (now at this point), and i would lose all my faith in humanity.

In my opinion, there's no way. This was definitely an accident. Just where Maddox was found... if an adult forced their way in there to hide his body... there would be ample evidence of that. I don't think anyone was there other than Maddox. I just hope he did not suffer.

I just remember a missing childs case a few years ago from a town about 15 miles from where I live. This child was also autistic and his mother found him gone when she woke up in the morning.He too was non verbal, but knew his name and a few words that he could udder if worked with. He was also found 3 days later in a retention type pond 5 blocks from his house. The pond had a tall fence all the way around it yet he found his way in somehow and drowned.

There was one here recently. Scaled a fence, climbed on top of a transformer box and was immediately electrocuted. I have thought many times about how horrific that must have been for his mother to watch happen while she was powerless to stop it.

Man electrocuted after climbing atop transformer box in power substation yard | KSL.com

First responders found the man who had scaled the fence of substation yard and climbed on a large transformer box. Upon making contact with high voltage wires, the man was instantly electrocuted, Barlow said.

-----------------------------

Prior to the incident, the man was with his mother, who had stopped at a nearby business for a few minutes while he waited in the car. When she returned to the vehicle, the man was gone, Barlow said.

The man’s mother called for help before she located him within the fenced-in substation yard. The man climbed the transformer box within seconds, she told authorities.

Autistic man electrocuted in Hildale after climbing atop transformer

"The outcome was obvious," Barlow continued.

A power company lineman arrived within minutes and shut down the electricity. For safety reasons, crews waited until all lines were grounded and were able to slide the young man down a ladder ramp after police investigated.

In the past, the man "has scaled tall fences, climbed onto roofs and climbed tall trees," Barlow said.

Her name is Tinsley :) It's very difficult, but I'm learning to live life without her. :( And I'm so sorry for your loss, as well!

My daughter is Norah. It does get easier, but it never goes away.

My friend is now 8 years out from her full term still birth. Her sweet girl was born just before Christmas.
Each year Christmas has been a source of pain and dread. They don't stay home for Christmas, they go out of town every year.

A few days ago she said "it's officially fall, my longing for all things Christmas has begun!"

Longing?! I was so excited that she is excited about it this year. She's turned that corner. There are still sad times but she's able to enjoy the holidays again.

What do you mean what was my loss? Are you implying I've never suffered loss in my life?

Urgency
noun

1. 1.

A person can appear to be completely without emotion and still display a sense of urgency.

Moo
Sorry..my bad, don’t know where you are coming from. Meant no disrespect.

Also, seeing how this has turned out to be such a tragic event and it has become international news, shouldn't it be very easy to remember the (claimed) ONLY other 3 people...a man a woman and a small child that stood right near them? I mean come on... I have a crappy memory but I could identity wether it was these specific people 24 hours later. Especially if it was aired on every news network in America. BTW... Wouldn't identifying or describing the father's "friend" help the would be witnesses remember these 3 allot easier than just the father and son?
Ok, think about this.... Maybe the reason the police haven't given a description of the father's "friend" is done purposely? Anyone that can correctly identity the "friend" would be a great way to assure they have a real witness right? Hmmmm.
Probably because people are jerks on the internet and would harass her and stalk her, quite possibly in person, and the media frenzy...Why is that even a question?

Probably because people are jerks on the internet and would harass her and stalk her, quite possibly in person, and the media frenzy...Why is that even a question?
I think you are both right.
Yes, the media is showing uncharacteristic restraint in not hyping whatever they can from the girlfriend angle, or anything salacious they can pluck from that. Good for them, and nice to see some class during a very tragic situation.
However, in the unlikely outcome that this is a crime vs. an accident, LE will want all witnesses to be able to identify and describe the GF in detail, as well as anyone that came within even remote contact with them.
So both statements are relevant IMO.

Amateur opinion and speculation only

I thought it was totally wrong for the park ranger to make such a statement like that to the public.He had no clue whether the child was in the park or not and it was absurd for him to state that because he didn't see him he must not have been there.Guy is not police or FBI and should leave it to the experts.

Thank you! I have utter disdain for this guy, tell the police yes, but to tell the media was utterly heartless imo. Not much of a conscious as to how putting that out into the world would effect the father and actually, for me, the fact that he's the kind of person who could do that, makes me take his opinion with a pinch of salt.

Urgency
noun

1. 1.

Moo

The fact that 911 wasn’t called until an hour later indicates lack of urgency to me.

Thank you! I have utter disdain for this guy, tell the police yes, but to tell the media was utterly heartless imo. Not much of a conscious as to how putting that out into the world would effect the father and actually, for me, the fact that he's the kind of person who could do that, makes me take his opinion with a pinch of salt.

Heartless and RECKLESS. The public assumes when an employee is speaking to the media on behalf of the park, that it has been authorized by the park management and therefore valid and believable. The interview led to more speculation and should not have been aired, IMO. And I’m not convinced that the park employee followed, or even understood, missing child protocol at the park.

Last edited:
In my opinion, there's no way. This was definitely an accident. Just where Maddox was found... if an adult forced their way in there to hide his body... there would be ample evidence of that. I don't think anyone was there other than Maddox. I just hope he did not suffer.

There was one here recently. Scaled a fence, climbed on top of a transformer box and was immediately electrocuted. I have thought many times about how horrific that must have been for his mother to watch happen while she was powerless to stop it.

Man electrocuted after climbing atop transformer box in power substation yard | KSL.com

First responders found the man who had scaled the fence of substation yard and climbed on a large transformer box. Upon making contact with high voltage wires, the man was instantly electrocuted, Barlow said.

-----------------------------

Prior to the incident, the man was with his mother, who had stopped at a nearby business for a few minutes while he waited in the car. When she returned to the vehicle, the man was gone, Barlow said.

The man’s mother called for help before she located him within the fenced-in substation yard. The man climbed the transformer box within seconds, she told authorities.

Autistic man electrocuted in Hildale after climbing atop transformer

"The outcome was obvious," Barlow continued.

A power company lineman arrived within minutes and shut down the electricity. For safety reasons, crews waited until all lines were grounded and were able to slide the young man down a ladder ramp after police investigated.

In the past, the man "has scaled tall fences, climbed onto roofs and climbed tall trees," Barlow said.

My friend is now 8 years out from her full term still birth. Her sweet girl was born just before Christmas.
Each year Christmas has been a source of pain and dread. They don't stay home for Christmas, they go out of town every year.

A few days ago she said "it's officially fall, my longing for all things Christmas has begun!"

Longing?! I was so excited that she is excited about it this year. She's turned that corner. There are still sad times but she's able to enjoy the holidays again.

bolded by me. My baby girl was actually supposed to be born on my (now ex) best friend's daughter's birthday. After we found out she was gone, I decided (because I did not trust my doctor anymore at this point) that I wanted to wait a day or so to have her because I didn't want her born the same day as my (ex) best friend's daughter. I don't really have any significant meaning for the month of April, so luckily I don't have that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tametn