Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't understand why it would take so long to declare "accidental drowning". The last presser I watched was not the most current one but they stressed the fact the the investigation was "ongoing". If they have not ruled out foul play then shouldn't the public be aware of a potential child killer? Did the park reopen? What bothers me is the look of shock and horror on those officers faces. Would they be obligated to let the community know if signs of foul play (for lack of a better term) was evident? Should we assume from their silence on this that they are leaning towards an accident?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully today we will get some news on the autopsy. Has his funeral already been planned? if so, when?
My sister went missing, and was found dead, in 2010. We had her visitation and her funeral, both without her body being there, as the coroner's office was still awaiting autopsy results. This may be the case here too. Our family did her burial privately

My sister went missing, and was found dead, in 2010. We had her visitation and her funeral, both without her body being there, as the coroner's office was still awaiting autopsy results. This may be the case here too. Our family did her burial privately
So sorry for your loss, hope it was solved.

Speculating, there must be something about the child's remains that has caused them to stay involved. We won't know until COD and additional information is released. An example would be bruises that clearly show finger mark patterns, missing clothing, etc.

As a Brit I'm surprised at how quickly victims of crimes or unexplained deaths are buried in the US. Here the body can be kept in cold storage for months, certainly in cases of murder or suspicious deaths.

They were able to confirm Maddox was at the park through public support and other evidence.

Wonder what the “other evidence” is?

Hmmmm... Re. the bolded bit.

So ... possibly no security cameras at the park ?
Or maybe there's footage they're not releasing , which would make sense if there's a dangerous predator prowling about ?
But wouldn't LE inform the public if that was the case ?

And with all due respect to the local LE and the FBI --- public support (i.e., eyewitness testimony) isn't always solid evidence. People's recollections and sightings can be faulty.

Camera evidence is more dependable unless it's been altered.
Which I highly doubt in this case.

LE's constant request for witnesses to come forward is troubling; imo.

maybe security cam of them entering the park?
I have wondered about security camera footage, but I haven’t seen it mentioned in any of the articles I have read.
You would think that if there are cameras they would at least be at the entrance/exit. And maybe by the park office.

That. ^^^^^

So why wouldn't LE just say there's footage of the three of them entering or at the park ?

It's not as if they'd need to show it to the public ... that might open a different can of worms --- as in people trying to figure out possible suspects/abductors for themselves and targeting innocent park goers. :eek:

After reading every post/msm link on these threads about Maddox -- I haven't read anything about sec. footage.
Nor anywhere else.
Unless I missed it ?

Whenever there is a funeral before a murderer has been arrested, I think of that tv movie "Girl Most Likely To.." with Stockard Channing and Ed Asner where the detectives watch everyone at the funeral and the murder is found out because she's allergic to roses and sneezes....
I'm thinking we'll have some news now that the funeral has taken place.

Also, I guess that the park might not want people to know where the security cameras actually are.

Hmmmm... Re. the bolded bit.

So ... possibly no security cameras at the park ?
Or maybe there's footage they're not releasing , which would make sense if there's a dangerous predator prowling about ?
But wouldn't LE inform the public if that was the case ?

And with all due respect to the local LE and the FBI --- public support (i.e., eyewitness testimony) isn't always solid evidence. People's recollections and sightings can be faulty.

Camera evidence is more dependable unless it's been altered.
Which I highly doubt in this case.

LE's constant request for witnesses to come forward is troubling; imo.

One news report mentioned that there were other blonde haired boys wearing orange shirts at the park that day. If they are going by members of the general public with eyewitness accounts they must be certain they observed Maddox.

I am not sure which news story mentioned this but I will look for a link.

Eyewitness accounts are notoriously unreliable though. A little boy near me "went missing" at a park a few years ago, and people came forward to say they saw him. It transpired he was never at the park that day, and if I recall correctly had been dead for a couple of days before his guardians reported he went missing at the park. I would think they must have something more than eyewitnesses if they are certain he was there.

I'm not refuting the eyewitness accounts.

On the topic of eyewitness accounts i found these very interesting.

How reliable is your memory? | Elizabeth Loftus

The latter is most interesting

Scott Fraser: The problem with eyewitness testimony

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members