Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

It's entirely possible the FBI says they have definitive proof he was there, based solely on the words of the people who were with Maddox.
It'd be irresponsible-- but people --even the FBI -- can be mistaken or fallible.

But without any security camera or a person's photos... anyone could say Maddox was at the park. Not finding his scent is very concerning.

I don't think they would say that if it weren't true. The question from the reporter was "do you have corroborating evidence that he was at the park?" and the FBI agent said yes. Corroborating evidence would be evidence in addition to the parent's statement - something independent that supports the statement. It may be something like someone else reported seeing him at the park.

That said, someone could have said they saw him but were mistaken, so it's not definitive proof unless someone has a picture or something. That may be why they are asking for the photographer. The photographer may have hundreds+ of "snaps" from the photo shoot that could possibly have Maddox in the background.

I am the Navy veteran mentioned in the article who found Dale Hunter's body. I am considering going to search tomorrow IF they let me. LE wouldn't allow me to search in the Dale Hunter's case until they were done searching themselves OVER A WEEK AFTER DALE WENT MISSING!! It was incredibly frustrating to say they least, especially considering they never searched the area that i searched which was my MAIN search area. I could not believe they did not search that area. It was one of the first places i looked. I was told later that area i found him was considered "too risky" to search without tying off with climbing gear. I don't really accept the explanation since i never needed any climbing gear. It just takes some f$#@$ guts! I could have potentially have found him alive if they would have allowed me to search were i wanted to search on the second day Dale went missing. I am sick of LE blocking off these huge areas and not letting "the public" in under the guise of "Protecting the crime scene" or in Dale's case "because the public could contaminate the scent". I think and have been told by others in government and LE who say it is a pride thing mostly. LE like to be in control...EVEN when there is no crime. Just like in Maddox's case there is no evidence of a crime so why not let as many people as possible to look? This should be viewed as lost child case UNTIL there is evidence of foul play or until the CHILD IS FOUND. Isn't that what is ultimately about??.... finding the missing person. I think this is a story that needs to be told so that we don't continue to block volunteers from searching and missing out on potentially finding the missing person sooner. If LE claims they have searched an area then they should allow the public to come in behind them and double check. Why is that so unreasonable? Why is no one talking about this problem? I had made this same point before i found Dales body. WHY CAN'T WE LOOK?? I was told they wouldn't let me look, because i didn't have the damn credentials. HOW ARROGANT IS THAT??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I think we have the right as US citizens to search especially if it is on public land. Then after it was all over i was only paid a portion of the $10,000 reward. Doesn't it strike you as ironic that LE constantly asks for help then when you are there to physically help they tell you to go take a hike....just not in there search area. I feel like i am having deja vu, because i raised all these same points before i found Dale and i am going through it again. What IF someone could find him alive? Doesn't that trump everything?

Just like the Deorr Kunz case...no scent picked up at the camp site despite parents insisting he was last seen there.
I'm not familiar with that case, but anyone who knows kids that age know how much they SWEAT. If he'd been out at the park for even 5 minutes (and assuming the weather was nice...nice enough for short sleeves), and add to that he was running fast enough to outrun at least 2 adults, that little boy would have been ripe. It's just crazy that a trained K9 wouldn't be able to scent him, especially when there was a known path, at least to the point dad lost sight. Idk, maybe there were enough other people at the park to throw it off.

Hey Everyone,

Please remember the parents of Max are not suspects.

Also, keep in mind how powerful your words are to other people.

A simple remark about someone's behavior or looks can be devastating to that person.

It is good to assume, especially in cases like Max's, that his family and the police are reading here.

Whenever I post something that might be considered a bit accusatory I re-read my post and ask myself "Could I defend this post in a court of law?" Some of you may find this silly but it really helps me rein it back in case I have gone overboard with my comments.

Thank you for being a part of Websleuths.

Let's pray Max is found very soon.

Gastonia Police‏ @GPDNC

'Official update in the search at Rankin Lake Park for 6-year-old Maddox Ritch.'

Missing boy's mother speaks to the press and $10,000 reward offered - City News Source

Gastonia Police on Twitter

Gastonia Police‏ @GPDNC

'Rankin Lake Park in Gastonia will remain closed to the public until further notice. Search crews will patrol overnight on foot and ATVs to continue the search for 6-year-old Maddox Ritch. Drones will... https://www.facebook.com/GastoniaPoliceDepartment/posts/2271905699743921 …'

Gastonia Police on Twitter

Amber Roberts‏ @AmberFOX46

'RIGHT NOW: A crowd gathers to pray for the discovery of Maddox Ritch, the six-year-old boy who’s missing. It’s now day four of the search. People here don’t know him or the family, but, they’re joining to pray for them. They just finished singing “Amazing Grace.” @FOX46News'

Amber Roberts on Twitter

*Video at link

Amber Roberts‏ @AmberFOX46

'It’s the second night, in a row, that this group has gathered to show their support for Maddox and his family. The amount of people attending has doubled. The crowd has been meeting down the road from the park where the boy was last seen. @FOX46News'

Dn-h0gvWsAAxTFt.jpg

Amber Roberts on Twitter

Bria Bell‏Verified account @BriaBellTV

'UPDATE: This is a photo of the Gastonia SWAT team on kayaks searching nearby waterways for clues in this case. @GPDNC says the 911 call in which Maddox Ritch was reported missing should be released tomorrow. #FindMaddox'

Dn-2cbhV4AEolVd.jpg

Bria Bell on Twitter

Joe Bruno‏Verified account @JoeBrunoWSOC9

'Update: Crews will search for #MaddoxRitch overnight on foot and on ATVs. The Gastonia SWAT team used kayaks to search for the 6-year-old today. Additional tips have come in since the afternoon news conference @wsoctv'

Dn-2_JQXUAEyvuy (1).jpg Dn-3ANOXUAEpyKa.jpg

Joe Bruno on Twitter

Brandon Goldner‏Verified account @BrandonWCNC

'LAND, WATER & AIR: @GPDNC continues its search for #MaddoxRitch, from the SWAT team in kayaks, to ATVs and drones. @LevinsReports continues @wcnc‘s team coverage tonight.'

Brandon Goldner on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member