Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting...on the noon news, (WSOC, channel 9 Charlotte) they said that Maddox was last seen near the pier. That's not the backside of the lake like the initial story. The pier is almost always busy; there are boat rentals and fishing. It's quite open and visible from all directions. That said, it's also near the parking lot, and would be an easier location for someone to snatch a kid from than the other side. If someone went into the water there, it's very likely they'd be seen right away; swimming is not allowed in the lake, so it would stand out. For someone to abduct a child from the other side, they'd need an escape route through the woods. Though it doesn't sound like LE believes he was abducted by a stranger from the park. The "near the pier" statement could also have been a mistake, but worth noting IMO.
The 9-1-1 call alone doesn't strike me as that out of the ordinary, but maybe in this day and age where kids are rarely allowed out of a parent's sight for a minute it is. I would think it would be easy to lose track of time--child runs off, you think you'll find him quickly, so you search yourself believing you will find him at any minute, and that minutes turns into 40 or 40 pretty quick. I can also see telling someone else to call 9-1-1 so as not to lose a moment of looking or overlooking something. I've seen instances where a person had a phone in a bad situation but asked someone else to call so they could focus on something else, stay with a victim, etc. and not stop to make a call.

Hey Everyone,

Please remember the parents of Max are not suspects.

Also, keep in mind how powerful your words are to other people.

A simple remark about someone's behavior or looks can be devastating to that person.

It is good to assume, especially in cases like Max's, that his family and the police are reading here.

Whenever I post something that might be considered a bit accusatory I re-read my post and ask myself "Could I defend this post in a court of law?" Some of you may find this silly but it really helps me rein it back in case I have gone overboard with my comments.

Thank you for being a part of Websleuths.

Let's pray Max is found very soon.

Thank you for reminding all of us.

Sometimes, it's difficult not to dissect every word that LE, a family member or a friend says when there's a missing child, but it's important to remember that these people are stressed and often have had little sleep or no sleep. Please take note of the case of Isabel Celis, a 6 year taken from her bed in 2012. For six years Isabel's parents have endured speculation and outright accusations of harming their daughter - until a little more than a week ago when a stranger was charged in the abduction and murder of Isabel as well as another child. Please read the apology written by a reporter at the Arizona Star to Sergio and Becky Celis here:

Steller column: After indictment, we owe the parents of Isabel Celis an apology

Children with autism who are runners are not the same as children without autism who run from their parents. A child with autism typically has no sense of danger of getting lost or harmed and they run like someone with an adrenaline rush. Often, we don't even know why they are running. I don't know how to describe how quickly they can get away, They do not look for cars, or things they could trip on; they don't pause for people or objects in their path. There is no hesitation at all. You have to experience it to really understand.

Maybe there is something sinister in this case, but just maybe there isn't. There is nothing to prove that what the father said is not true. If LE comes to believe what the father told them is false, they will state that in time and we can discuss it then.

I

(Edited to be sure I am within the rules!)
What we want to see is, "I did not hurt my son."
It's hard to just make sense of it for you; I've been learning SA for close to a decade. I'm not a professional by any means, but the " I would never hurt... " bothers me. Baby Alaya 's father said that same thing.

I don't think I'm permitted to link to the site I want, but Google "statement analysis" and you'll find a blogspot . Search it for "I did not" vs "I would not".

"I would never hurt...(him?

If this is not in response to a question and its said in the free editing process, that is, choosing his own words without any outside influence, parroting back, reflecting and so on, it is concerning.

As time goes on this is getting more and more uncomfortable. I haven't read all of the posts here so sorry if this has already been asked and answered. Did the adults wander off somewhere on their own for a little bit expecting Maddox to just quietly play on his own and when they came back he was no longer where they had left him playing?
That was my thought.

‘I just spoke with Rick Foxx, the man who called 911 the day Maddox Ritch was reported missing. He says he searched the park for about an hour, then called 911. He says he never saw the boy that day, but didn't think he could have gone far since there is a fence around the park.’

View attachment 148680

Kristi O'Connor WBTV on Twitter
I wonder if that blocks entrance to the lake? Probably not. This is not shaping in to something that looks positive in any way. Very disturbing.

Amateur opinion and speculation.

‘The search for 6-year old Maddox Ritch is leaving no place unchecked. Gaston County Police went down a man-hole just to be sure. #FindMaddox. Call the tip line! We desperately need to hear from those in the park on Saturday. 704-869-1075.’

83D12188-3551-42B4-BD93-086F74BCCF03.jpeg

FBI Charlotte on Twitter

Attachments

• EDFB3536-05AE-4F97-B213-A498EB76616A.jpeg
    EDFB3536-05AE-4F97-B213-A498EB76616A.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 7
Did anyone else catch that the person dad was with has white hair? It was towards the end of the 911 call. I would think he meant blonde except for he actually said Blonde headed when he was describing Maddox. He said white headed when describing the "mom" as he called her.

911 call released: Listen as park employee calls to report 6-year-old Maddox Ritch missing

He said both of the parents are wearing yellow t-shirts, the mom is white and heavy set. I could not make out the last words.

Missing autistic NC boy's father blames himself

(CNN) - The father who lost track of his autistic son during a visit to a Gastonia, North Carolina, park said Wednesday he's overwhelmed with guilt as the search for the boy enters day five.

"Everybody looks at you as a monster, and I regretted it since the moment it happened," Ian Ritch told "Good Morning America." ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98